Pathetic people are Pathetic.

OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: Pathetic people are Pathetic.

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:21 pm

befowler wrote:It's a known bug (rather than a feature) that there is a slight chance of the wires getting crossed and you appearing as some other form of phantom rather than what you intended. So an invading DW can appear as a white, a coop white or sunbro can appear as a DW when summoned, etc. Only one I've never personally seen is a red -> blue swap, but I wouldn't be surprised. Typical response is to just take the hint from the DkS gods and play as whatever you show up as.

Also - this can circumvent character limits. I've seen three coop summons this way, when a DW showed up as a white in a world with two summons already.

Mad stuff, I really want to see this happen now cheers
    Thanks for sharing the knowledge dude

Edit: Wait does this actually change the function of the character then? So an invading DW that turns up as a white phantom can't attack the host?
    And you could summon a sunbro for them to turn up as a DW and accidently slay you with firestorm etc?

Last edited by OrnsteinFanBoy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Tolvo wrote:Blue/Red can indeed switch with one another, it sometimes happens to me when forest hunting.

Theres also a chance that White can be switched with Blue or Red.
    I was getting summoned and i turned into a Blue phantom...Vs gankers...Bad memories.

Live Life Smiling. Dying is No Excuse for stopping   :mask-averice:
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:29 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:Blue/Red can indeed switch with one another, it sometimes happens to me when forest hunting.

I was getting summoned and i turned into a Blue phantom...Vs gankers...Bad memories.

That is some bad times dude, but you did put a white sign down in the forest so...Ganker got ganked? lol!
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:30 pm

befowler wrote:A coop white or sunbro can appear as a DW when summoned.

I may have seen this happen. I tried to summon someone as a white phantom, and it said "summon failed". Then a few seconds later the person I tried to summon invaded me as a red phantom.

ornsteinfanboy wrote:Ganker got ganked? lol!

lol!

Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:32 pm

OrnsteinFanBoy wrote:
    Jester's Tears wrote:

That is some bad times dude, but you did put a white sign down in the forest so...Ganker got ganked? lol!

When put down Summon sig in forest AND get's summoned by a Ganker i try to ''*** up'' thier ganking. (I leave them to die when they get attacked. But i do help them when it becomes a 2v1...Sometimes... :clown: )

Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:18 pm

Ok. IM honsetly surpriesd that first NOW i've gotten a downvote on that post. Dayum you guys been Nice to me. Proper Bow

Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 pm

Some people will agree with me some will not,but my out look is if you were DM`ing then far game they committed a sin at some point and they are having to pay for it.If they lose.
    Which they did....
    Tell you what gets my goat up...Darkwraiths invading my world and when they lose messaging me saying I should not have done this or that....
    If you invade my world I will and am going to fight any way I see fit to win.
    On the other point if I am hosting Red soap stone or summon I will duel to the other players expectations.

XBL : CelestialSpiral
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:10 pm

Bioraptor wrote:Some people will agree with me some will not,but my out look is if you were DM`ing then far game they committed a sin at some point and they are having to pay for it.If they lose.
    Which they did....
    Tell you what gets my goat up...Darkwraiths invading my world and when they lose messaging me saying I should not have done this or that....
    On the other point if I am hosting Red soap stone or summon I will duel to the other players expectations.

I am Pretty high lvl, yes. It is my ''Nightmare Stalker'' build (It was supposed to be a Darkwraith build but you can call it a ''Darkwraith'' traitor) so killing people is my job (Low or High lvl). But when it get's to a point where they GET invaded by A Blade of The Darkmoon. Get's their asses handed to THEM. THEN send a message telling you that you're a ***. Now that's pathetic. ''I AM THE LAW''.

Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:13 pm

That was a bad Reply but i hope you get my point.
    DON'T. *** with the Police. (A.K.A Darkmoon)

Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:14 pm

OrnsteinFanBoy wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:
    OrnsteinFanBoy wrote:That's weird dude. None of your characters? So even if you BB glitched it wouldn't make any difference.Does anyone know why this would happen? Is it a reported glitch?

Once I invaded as a darkmoon with another character, and I appeared as a red phantom. Maybe this was the same glitch?

Also, I saw a video that showed a person invade as a darkwraith, and he appeared as a white phantom! Perhaps the whole invasion thing is has a small chance of being color blind.

Wow I've never seen that happen :shock: Which platform do you play on dude?

Reported glitch. Happens in the forest a lot for me. Invading as a blue, show up as a red. Also this one has happened... Cat covenants rising on, summoned in as a phantom. Weird glitches but not rare.

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.

BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:43 pm

OrnsteinFanBoy wrote:High level DMs are so annoying
    I don't understand. If anything, the mechanic is perfectly fair. Non-sinners won't get invaded by Blades. If you sinned, then you will. If your sin level is low, then you will get invaded by a relatively equal-level Blade. Only if it's high will you get invaded by a super-higher-leveled Blade.

Now, some people will say that they keep getting indicted, which accounts for their high sin. But let's really think about it. You may have constantly gotten indicted because your sole PvP tactic was spamming WoG right after spawning. Here, getting invaded by a high-level Blade is what you deserve. On the other hand, you might be really good, and during your epic history of awesomeness, there were some spiteful hosts. Here, being invaded by a high-level Blade is a much needed challenge.

All in all, the mechanic is totally fair as I see it. Anyone else have any other opinions on this?

BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:48 pm

Bioraptor wrote:Tell you what gets my goat up...Darkwraiths invading my world and when they lose messaging me saying I should not have done this or that....
    It's a bit more complicated than that. Sure, that logic is perfectly agreeable if the host is just doing some classic PvE. However, when the host is looking for a duel, I think that it's fair to say that an invasion is one way to initiate it.
    Case in point: hosts in Dark Anor Londo. There's nothing left to do there if you've killed Gwynevere (except for maybe kill Gwyndolin). Those guys are just waiting to be invaded by a DMB.
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:31 am

I only ever stick with being a sunbro or darkmoon. And invading as a darkmoon i've turned red, white and even golden. While as a sunbro i've gone red, white and blue. Once i even spawned dead while being summoned. Shrug

edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:06 am

Time and place for everything, specially when it comes to being invaded...

Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:27 am

BrotherBob wrote:
    I don't understand. If anything, the mechanic is perfectly fair. Non-sinners won't get invaded by Blades. If you sinned, then you will. If your sin level is low, then you will get invaded by a relatively equal-level Blade. Only if it's high will you get invaded by a super-higher-leveled Blade.

Now, some people will say that they keep getting indicted, which accounts for their high sin. But let's really think about it. You may have constantly gotten indicted because your sole PvP tactic was spamming WoG right after spawning. Here, getting invaded by a high-level Blade is what you deserve. On the other hand, you might be really good, and during your epic history of awesomeness, there were some spiteful hosts. Here, being invaded by a high-level Blade is a much needed challenge.

All in all, the mechanic is totally fair as I see it. Anyone else have any other opinions on this?

I don't think you get that a majority of the people who have a lot of indicts are usually forest hunters, and they get them by killing gankers(the most hated people in the game). So basically darkmoons are invading the true spirits of vengeance, with their high level builds and stacks of wrath of god. I just think you got it a little twisted, but i really just don't like the darkmoon covenant. To me it just seems like darkwraiths for noobs.
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:41 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:
    To me it just seems like darkwraiths for noobs.

:cry:

BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:37 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:

I don't think you get that a majority of the people who have a lot of indicts are usually forest hunters, and they get them by killing gankers(the most hated people in the game). So basically darkmoons are invading the true spirits of vengeance, with their high level builds and stacks of wrath of god. I just think you got it a little twisted, but i really just don't like the darkmoon covenant. To me it just seems like darkwraiths for noobs.
    I totally understand what you're saying, but I think that if you can kill two or three guys all at once, why not be able to kill one higher-level DMB. Trust me, I have been a Forest Hunter for a little while. I probably killed about 10 guys during my short time as a Forest Hunter and got indicted 6 times out of that.
    Just an FYI, I'm a DMB and I have a Faith stat of 8. Why am I in that covenant? I think it's because I like the nice earthy smell that the rotting ears give to my Bottomless Box. LOL
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:20 am

BrotherBob wrote:You may have constantly gotten indicted because your sole PvP tactic was spamming WoG right after spawning.

There is nothing wrong with WoG spaming. Once a host did that to me. The first two hit, but I dodged the rest. Also I have used this sometimes against invaders without success.

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I don't think you get that a majority of the people who have a lot of indicts are usually forest hunters, and they get them by killing gankers(the most hated people in the game). So basically darkmoons are invading the true spirits of vengeance, with their high level builds and stacks of wrath of god. I just think you got it a little twisted, but i really just don't like the darkmoon covenant. To me it just seems like darkwraiths for noobs.

Darkwraiths also have high level builds and stacks of WoG. Also they're the ones using lightning +5 weapons against starting level characters. Anyone see a Darkmoon do this?

BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:46 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    Darkwraiths also have high level builds and stacks of WoG. Also they're the ones using lightning +5 weapons against starting level characters. Anyone see a Darkmoon do this?
    I'm a DMB and I can personally say that I have never even used WoG and I don't currently use lightning weapons.

Also, I'm not saying that spamming WoG is wrong. What I am saying is that some people (who don't know how to dodge it) get pissed off and indict the player who used it.
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:55 pm

WandererReece wrote:

That's a bit of generalisation saying that DWs are WoG spamming, lightning Dbags. Plus it's irrelevant since the point being made is that DMs can invade Down with their high level toons and spank low sl guys. DWs can only invade UP so it should always been an even playing field build wise
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:46 pm

OrnsteinFanBoy wrote:That's a bit of generalisation saying that DWs are WoG spamming, lightning Dbags. Plus it's irrelevant since the point being made is that DMs can invade Down with their high level toons and spank low sl guys. DWs can only invade UP so it should always been an even playing field build wise

First, I wasn't trying to say only Darkwraiths do this. The last question was refering to only the lightning weapons comment. Second, my main point was trying to counter what FruitPunchNinja wrote.

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Basically darkmoons are invading with their high level builds and stacks of wrath of god. I really just don't like the darkmoon covenant. To me it just seems like darkwraiths for noobs.

I was trying to say that hating the Darkmoons because of this is illogical, because some Darkwraiths also do this.

Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:48 pm

BrotherBob wrote:

That's how i see It. +1 if i could.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:14 am