Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

I hope i'm wrong....

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

I hope i'm wrong.... Empty I hope i'm wrong....

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Earlier today i believe i met my very first Ps3 modder/hacker. Trust me, i don't ever just try to make an excuse as to why i lost(well maybe sometimes lol). I think the people who have chatted with me on these forums know i would not rush to the conclusion that i ran into a hacker. Especially since i'm on ps3, which to my knowledge does not have the same issues as 360 when it comes to these things. I'm starting to think it is possible, most likely just much much more difficult.

Ok, here's what happened. I was in human form gathering things i needed to finish up a build, and i went to the depths to grab the large ember real quick. I was too slow and got invaded. Here's where it starts to get weird. Right as the invasion notice pops up, my guy starts glitching out. The only way i can describe it is that my character started tip toeing, then did that weird glitch that ive only seen on recordings of 360 pvp where your character sticks their arms out like they're on a cross. While that happened i spun around in a circle...Weird right, but that's not all. I just shook that off, thinking wow that was strange but i guess ive seen it before(just not on ps3). So i smashed all the tables preparing for the fight, waiting for him to come down the stairs(which i heard him spawn by). He doesn't show up, so i message him telling him to come fight me there. I'm not sure how he didn't see me(he said he couldnt find me)and i didnt see him(i know he spawned at the top of the stairs). I was also surprised to see that he was a darkmoon, cause it didn't say spirit of vengeance in the invasion notice. He buffs with DMB, i buff my great axe with lightning resin and we begin to fight. He was using a greatsword, either a claymore or bastard, and despite me having 76poise was stunlocking me 1st hit. Please believe me that this was not a case of the poise meter filling from an earlier hit, first hit stunned me. I died fairly quickly, then messaged him(far more curious then upset, i did not flame him nor he me). He denied it, but the way he answered me was just kind of odd. He said that whenever he plays everyone lags, due to him being from Spain. I can't say for sure, but something was not right. The only other thing that could explain it is some super intense lag, which is possible. He could have hit me twice, but i only saw 1hit. The framerate also got pretty bad once i got near him. I have never had lag so bad that it could explain my character glitching out to such an extent though. Anyone ever experience something like this on PS3? Once again this isn't me ranting because i lost a fight, i'm just confused and curious as to how these things happened.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

I hope i'm wrong.... Empty Re: I hope i'm wrong....

Post by RANT Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:46 pm

i think it was just REALLY bad lag, ive fought people that have hit me twice and never een seen them attack me idk though, its really weird since i have never seen lag like that he probably was using his phone as a router?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:58 pm

The whole dark spirit and him being a dark moon is a glitch. I've dropped white signs and been summoned as a red Phantom before.

And yea lag can explain the stun locking, he prolly hit you twice on his screen. I've had games where I parried some ones second swing through a set up parry, only to take damage and get staggered and miss the riposte. Messaging the guy he told me I actually parried his third swing, but I never saw it yet
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:08 pm

I think you're right, and i hope that's it. After thinking about it while writing what happened, lag might actually be able to explain my character glitching out like that. You know how sometimes people spawn(appear) after they actually entered the world. Like in burg it happens a lot, youll see the message no one appears then you just see an invader spawn across from you while buffing their weapon. So maybe he spawned and i couldnt see him, and he apparently couldn't see me, and he passed through me coming down the stairs. Maybe that made my character glitch out, cause it kind of explains it. I started to slow down(weird tip toe animation), so maybe that was the game trying to recognize the hit boxs colliding. Then it was just too laggy and they passed through each other, and my game had no idea what to compute. I sent a few messages to him, and him to me. We didn't argue or anything, i think he might know that he is incredibly laggy. Cause he brought up "how everyone lags" cause he is from spain and everyone who plays is from NA and Japan. Its most likely his crappy connection, this was literally the worse i have ever seen though. We all know how laggy this game gets too. I completely understand that some people don't have great internet providers, and obviously still want to play their games online. I still just don't think it is fair to the people who pay extra for good providers in order to have a better gaming experience, like myself. I think they should just boot people off who have below a certain ping/Mps(don't know what that means lol). It would take care of lag switches being an issue too, cause once you used it you would get booted from the game. Obviously still have it be reasonable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 am