Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
RANT
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Rudmed
SlakeMoth
Peaceful Wollyhop
Seignar
Abiathar82
FruitPunchNinja
The_Dark_Dreamer
StockpileThomas
Lord of Ash
Jester's Tears
16 posters

(Spoilers) GOOD/BAD News. You decide. (Patch)

Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

(Spoilers) GOOD/BAD News. You decide. (Patch) - Page 2 Empty Re: (Spoilers) GOOD/BAD News. You decide. (Patch)

Post by Rudmed Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:56 pm

I felt like it was already slow enough, I've had people roll out all the time on console with the Black Knight Sword..hmmm. That makes me a sad panda.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

(Spoilers) GOOD/BAD News. You decide. (Patch) - Page 2 Empty Re: (Spoilers) GOOD/BAD News. You decide. (Patch)

Post by RANT Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:09 pm

you can still get two hits in and then the stunlock breaks. or you could just swap out like most people do if youre too worried about that second hit, you can even swap out and parry which is pretty awesome to do.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:14 pm

RantFromRant wrote:you can still get two hits in and then the stunlock breaks. or you could just swap out like most people do if youre too worried about that second hit, you can even swap out and parry which is pretty awesome to do.

Haha. I hate this exploit...
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:20 pm

my comment was aimed at abiathar, sparkly. Rud, you may already know about it, theres a way to get out of a stunlock. Not sure if that is what you meant. It is basically a glitch, you press left or right on the dpad right as you get hit.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:27 pm

oops, sorry btw does apparently only the hornet ring was nerfed not back stabs, the ring apparently has gone from 40% to 30% boost,
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:28 pm

yeahm bs stay the same only the hr got nerfed.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:35 pm

Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:Wanna know why they Patch so much?
    NEW.PLAYERS.
    When people that playes games Like:
    Cod,BF3,Mass Effect,Crysis and Assasins Creed Comes to a Game like Dark Souls. They get their *** handed to them.
    They can't take that the game is (Cap rage incoming) SUPPOSED TO BE HARD. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DIE. DYING MEANS LEARNING.(Cap rage Over)
    They complain about such minor things, WHAT'S NEXT? You can summon 6 people instead of 2?

It's annyoing. I DO Bit*h about Stun-Locking but i know it's there for Balance. ''New Players'' screams in rage everytime a Hollow attacks them from behind since they weren't paying attention.

Thank god someone with A brain Id hug you if I could
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:55 pm

Lord of Ash wrote:
    NEW.PLAYERS.
    Cod,BF3,Mass Effect,Crysis and Assasins Creed Comes to a Game like Dark Souls. They get their *** handed to them.
    They can't take that the game is (Cap rage incoming) SUPPOSED TO BE HARD. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DIE. DYING MEANS LEARNING.(Cap rage Over)
    They complain about such minor things, WHAT'S NEXT? You can summon 6 people instead of 2?

It's annyoing. I DO Bit*h about Stun-Locking but i know it's there for Balance. ''New Players'' screams in rage everytime a Hollow attacks them from behind since they weren't paying attention.

Thank god someone with A brain Id hug you if I could

After getting by Sarcastic kids on Facebook im not sure if i wanna belive that...
    HEEK. (Spoilers) GOOD/BAD News. You decide. (Patch) - Page 2 F19c98a6-ef4d-481c-8683-6bc2031cc5b1
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:26 pm

I have one significant issue with the greatsword nerf.

It's not there there's a nerf. I think we all know that some of the weapons in that class were very overused. But the way the nerf was implemented means that if you still insist upon using greatswords, the most viable option is still the claymore by far. There's an argument for the Artorias greatswords, but they require much higher stat investments for smaller gain.

Remember, the distance of an attack can compensate for its lack of speed when proper timing is used. So the most overused greatsword, the claymore, is hurt the least by this nerf. If people want to continue using greatswords (and I love them for a bunch of reasons), the claymore isn't just a moderately superior choice any longer, but an absolute and clear winner.

The nerf could be exactly the same -- a downgrade to attack recovery speed -- but only applied to the claymore and Man-Serpent greatsword. That way, the clearly superior greatswords would become balanced with the less popular choices. No-one seems to use the bastard sword, for instance, and now its shorter range and lack of a thrust attack are even bigger strikes against it. I think that might have been an interesting trade-off between the two baseline greatswords -- one is faster and therefore acts more effectively when it comes to staggering, but the other has greater distance and the coveted thrust attack. It's not like the damage difference is significant.
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:56 pm

NEW.PLAYERS.

You understand.

I play games like CoD, BF, Assassins Creed I rented Crysis once, and I personally find DkS to be a very easy game.

Anyway in regards to the GS nerfs I don't think they were entirely justified. GS imo are slow and have limited ranged, so they already arent to favorable in my book. Now with the nerf their even easier to fight against.

And I thought this was common knowledge. I know I read the details on things.
    Abiathar82
    Abiathar82
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Abiathar82 Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:00 pm

WyrmHero wrote:There's a whole list of DLC fixes/nerfs/buffs here btw.

[url=https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t10389p330-ptd-fixes-nerfs-etc-no-lore-spoilers#264026
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t10389p330-ptd-fixes-nerfs-etc-no-lore-spoilers#264026[/quote[/url]]

Ok So I read through this and am now depressed.... why are they nerfing Eagle sheild and BKGA. For *** sake , as Lord of Ash said , sometimes they just change the game too much. DWGR needed a nerf obviously since it is probably the most widely used ring in pvp , with hornet probably being a very close second. But if you are going to just stand in front of me and hope for the best when I am holding a GS then you deserve to get stun locked.

On the plus side the new warps will be a big help and the arena system.
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:20 pm

A 5% Physical reduction defense for the Eagle Shield is hardly noticeable. And its the lightest GS by far with very minimal stat investment.

And BKGA is pretty dang OP and overused. For the moveset it has, swing speed, poise breaking capabilities, and damage, its very very powerful. The damage nerf was nessecary.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Yeah...I gotta admit getting hit by that thing was like getting hit by a freight train. It HURT. Sure it couldn't follow up, but unlike other great axes/axes there is no stumble at the edge. It has much better follow allowing for a faster guard recovery.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:22 pm

imo the bkga is so unbalanced its not even funny, i dont think it needed the ar nerf, they just needed to make it as slow as the other greataxes since tha things swings as fast as a gs and its really strong that even after the nerf is still doesnt matter much really since it can still stunlock easily. this is coming from someone that has used str weapons since day one.
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:52 pm

Or increase its weight. It is a massive axe anyway
    Abiathar82
    Abiathar82
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Abiathar82 Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:54 pm

I guess the only problem I have with this , is that it affects PVE as well. I really like BKGA for Kings , also like using GSs on them so yeah.......
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:54 pm

The game is not about balance its about dying and adapting so that you die less its supposed to challenge your reflex wit and to make you learn from mistakes
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:16 am

Its still gonna be able to stunlock like mad, and have one of the best movesets in the game.

It might become an even better weapon since you cant tank flip as effectively, so people will be making choices between fast and med poise, or slower with higher poise.

Its still gonna be an absolute beast.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:36 am

as true as that is, having something with so obvious a flaw as the DWGR for example being in the game, causes serious issues as said flaw causes it to be the only option. a ring should not allow a guy in heavy stone armor with a great weapon to flip like a damn ninja. fixing an obvious flaw is an important part of game design. what fun is there in a game with 1 build?

the problem with the great weapons should have been looked at more carefully, admittedly. there weren't many with issues, but the ones that did, notably being the claymore, zaphanders, and the BKGA, needed somewhat of a nerf, but the rest were bearable.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:43 am

I agree with you soma, but why is no one including the MLGS as being one of the best? It is one of the most used weapons in the game.
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:09 pm

I think thats a pretty dull statement to say the game isnt about balance at all, or imply that it shouldnt be in the game and no fixes should be made to it. You can always take your argument about adaption and just apply it to the upcoming patch lol.

Besides their not completely nerfing things into the ground so that they become obsolete.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 pm