Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
callipygias
Doelker
befowler
SlakeMoth
Nate the Great
PlasticandRage
Yarxov
GamerGirl-619
Dark75Messiah
Danthuyer
Midgar
Whknight
justwant2play
Yesuurd
strangejoy
reim0027
Herbo
aceluby
skarekrow13
meridam99
Turin
Robotech
Jenova_X
Tolvo
dooshka
29 posters

Farming humanity

dooshka
    Addicted
    Addicted

Farming humanity Empty Farming humanity

Post by dooshka Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:28 pm

Anyone know of a good place, i keedp getting killed and unable to recover, damn lol!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Farming humanity Empty Re: Farming humanity

Post by Tolvo Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:30 pm

The Depths, get to the Bonfire, equip the gold Serpent ring, and start killing rats. If you can use up humanity and get to a solid 10, even better for farming.
    Jenova_X
    Jenova_X
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Jenova_X Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Or go to totg if u are far enough and farm baby skele's.
    dooshka
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by dooshka Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Cheers pals, where would i be without you all
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:38 pm

dooshka wrote:Anyone know of a good place, i keedp getting killed and unable to recover, damn lol!

the best place i've found is in the sunlight altar bonfire

jump down the ladder where the 3 rats are, normally you should get 1 humanity for every 2 rats you kill with 10 humanity and item boost ring. Plus the running distance is very short, so you can rinse/repeat quickly
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Jenova_X wrote:Or go to totg if u are far enough and farm baby skele's.

baby skellies and octopus in dukes are not ideal spots for farming humanities imo... you might even die trying to get there tbh!! :face:
    Turin
    Turin
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Turin Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Robotech wrote:
    dooshka wrote:Anyone know of a good place, i keedp getting killed and unable to recover, damn lol!

the best place i've found is in the sunlight altar bonfire

jump down the ladder where the 3 rats are, normally you should get 1 humanity for every 2 rats you kill with 10 humanity and item boost ring. Plus the running distance is very short, so you can rinse/repeat quickly

same opinion. the best place 4 such thing is sunlight altar.
    rinsing n repeating is fast. Rats are near bonfire.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Tolvo wrote:The Depths, get to the Bonfire, equip the gold Serpent ring, and start killing rats. If you can use up humanity and get to a solid 10, even better for farming.

I vote Depths as you can also farm "eyes of death" at the same time.

Also the occasional summon for helping kill the boss.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:18 pm

But the baby skellies are so dang CUTE!!!! If you want that route use a sweeping weapon with a large arc to prevent being surrounded and get ready to roll when humanity drops. It disappears fast as heck so you can't wait to clear any babies to get to it you just gotta gun it and dodge the five or six that get on your tail in the meantime. I chose this spot personally just because they spawn infinitely and souls add up quick too. I spent about ten or fifteen minutes tops there to get about 20 humanity I needed for Chaos Covenant and got my humanity easily and enough souls for a couple of levels. I chose to work from the big ramp to the right when you come in the area so I could head to dry land to stop the baby surge as needed.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:13 pm

The baby skelle spot is BY FAR the best spot for farming humanity. I got a full 198 there in only 3 hours. Yes, it's difficult to get to, but once there it is incredibly easy to farm. Just run around until 9 skelles (max) are chasing you, turn around and give them a swipe w/ a wide arc weapon. Go over where they died and spam X (PS3). Every 2 groups will give you 1 humanity which equates to 1 humanity every 45 sec to a min.
    Herbo
    Herbo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Herbo Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Pre-Lord Vessel = Depths; Afterwards = Baby Skeleton Daycare

The Depths is okay early on, and you can farm Large titanite shards & such along the way (from killing the blobs).

The Baby S's will (assuming a gold serpent ring and 10 hooomaniteee) give you upwards of 30 humanity per hour (I usually get 40-50 in a good hour) of slashing away at them and over 100k souls in NG. But until you dispell the sparkly light wall with the Lord V it's not even an option. And as previously mentioned...just getting down there is an absolute pile of annoyance.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:55 pm

The other nice thing about the baby skellies is they keep respawning. No tracking back to the bonfire. Just keep going until you die.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Another vote for the baby skellies. I like to equip mimic head and the evil eye ring while skelly hunting to get max souls and max humanity without stopping for estus. The rats and the piscasas take too damn long.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:17 pm

never tried baby skeletons, too much hassle...always at the depths works fine.
    justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by justwant2play Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:09 pm

I found that I get the most success at farming for humanity in the Duke's Archive prison area (the blue piscasas). The baby skeletons at ToG aren't so great (despite the fact that they respawn constantly) because the humanity can disappear and because it is such a hassle to get there.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:31 pm

justwant2play wrote:I found that I get the most success at farming for humanity in the Duke's Archive prison area (the blue piscasas). The baby skeletons at ToG aren't so great (despite the fact that they respawn constantly) because the humanity can disappear and because it is such a hassle to get there.

This is why I use the strategy I said before. Get 9 (max) to follow you and take them all down w/ one swipe and then spam X to pick up any that dropped right away. This way you don't get hit by new skellies and all of the drops are in the same spot. I've received as many as 4 in one swipe using this method.

2 things that are great about the skellies, 1, they constantly respawn, so no trekking back to a bonfire, and 2, you can equip the evil eye ring to constantly refill lost health, so you should never die either.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:33 pm

What are these baby skeletons people keep talking about? I've been to the Tombs a good amount of times, and never seen anything that resembled a baby or dropped humanity.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:34 pm

Just before Nito, where the Pinwheels are, they only spawn in the water from my experience. The drawback is it appears only a set number can be up at any time so when one dies the body, along with the humanity, tends to disappear.
    Herbo
    Herbo
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Herbo Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Tolvo wrote:What are these baby skeletons people keep talking about? I've been to the Tombs a good amount of times, and never seen anything that resembled a baby or dropped humanity.
    Location per Whknight above. But yeah you stand in the water near the pinwheels and you can get somewhere around ten of the little buggers to pop up. They have roughly the same drop rate of humanity as the rats do throughout the game, but they have under 50hp each and you can murder all of them in one swing of a greatsword. The drawback is that the humanity drops only remain for like 2-4 seconds and then despawn (which if you are standing over a slain pile of them anyway is no biggie). The reason they make for good farming is that they will respawn infinitely. So you kill a batch, quickly loot, then walk about in the water until you get the group all respawned (don't go for whackamole one at a time...it is awful), walk around getting them to clump up...then swing and loot...repeat ad-nauseum.

Last edited by Herbo on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:42 pm

I use a scythe on them. Run into the water a few steps, turn around and R2 and it's a slaughter. Run to any humanity and repeat. On NG+ they had the ability to do pretty good damage (and poison build up) so I stayed near a ramp to run to if I got into any trouble. Biggest issue though is their height, if one is slightly lower or attacking your attack will go over its head. While trying for a missed skellie baby the ones you just killed might have already respawned and started swarming or spawned behind you. But overall....they die easy, they can hurt you but not likely to kill you, decent drop with ring and you can camp and kill as long as your heart desires.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Robotech wrote:
    Jenova_X wrote:Or go to totg if u are far enough and farm baby skele's.

baby skellies and octopus in dukes are not ideal spots for farming humanities imo... you might even die trying to get there tbh!! :face:

You can run past everything except the pinwheel servants, pretty easy to me.
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:50 pm

I have only ever used the depths, although now i understand where you are talking about with baby skele's ... i think ill stick to the depths.. i hate ToTG

turn on some music get a snack and a drink and go farming happy the circuit is not too long and if you are luky you can get 6-7 on one circuit !!! (of course 10 H count and gold serp ring is a must)

Its nice to get up to 99 humanities and not have to farm again for ages
    Dark75Messiah
    Dark75Messiah

Post by Dark75Messiah Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:10 pm

For a low level character here's what I do. I drop my whitesign in the bonfire room of the depths. I take out the torch wielding beanpoles, (one both ends of the corridor). By the time you've run it's length, straight down the middle, the six blobs will drop from the ceiling. Take em out. These drop large and green titanite shards, both very useful at early game build.

Run down the steps near the bonfire and dont go down the ladder as this will remove your summon sign. Farm the five rats on the right, turn, kill the one in the box and the one that drops from the ledge and his three mates.

Even without a ring, humanity drop rate is about 1/10 dead rats. You can pinch ten easy in 15-20 minutes and if you're lucky you'll have farmed some shards and maybe earned some humanity and souls from jolly co-operation.
    GamerGirl-619
    GamerGirl-619
    Casual
    Casual

Post by GamerGirl-619 Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:23 pm

So far the Piascas (Duke's Archives prison section) are useful for me. I also equip both the serpent rings (gold/silver) along with the Mimic chest Helm (avarice). If you want to farm killing the baby skellys, remember that they also can Toxic you so bring some blooming moss. When I was a low level character the best place was the depths because as people already mentioned before you can farm for various things like Humanity from rats, eyes of death from the Balisks, and green titanite shrads from the blobs.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:57 pm

I have never got a humanity drop from the baby Skellies, however once I was running through the burg and killed the 3 rats by the sunlight alter and all three dropped humanity silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 am