Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Wade_Wilson
eneq
Dellusions
aceluby
meridam99
RANT
Robotech
lucanious
12 posters

best armors for defensive values compared to weight

lucanious
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

best armors for defensive values compared to weight  Empty best armors for defensive values compared to weight

Post by lucanious Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:17 am

please and thank you
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

best armors for defensive values compared to weight  Empty Re: best armors for defensive values compared to weight

Post by Robotech Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:19 am

check the wiki !
    lucanious
    lucanious
    Regular
    Regular

best armors for defensive values compared to weight  Empty Re: best armors for defensive values compared to weight

Post by lucanious Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:24 am

i dod but its all *** up and i cant see the ****
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:58 pm

if you dont care about poise id go with dingy set or xanthous. if you carea about poise just mix and match.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:17 pm

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Armor
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:18 pm

I mix and match the dingy, tattered, and black knight (poise) sets for a good balance of armor/poise/weight.
    Dellusions
    Dellusions
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dellusions Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Maiden's skirt is a powerful item. It's actually the same thing as dingy, in all ways except that it has like +9 in the physical defense departments. Pairing it with 2 other high defense and poise armors tends to give you a good balance of physical and magic defenses.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:40 pm

It all comes down to how much weight you want to carry around and what your purpose is (PvP is all about poise) etc.

But if you just look at the physical defense/weight ratio these are the best I know of (did a full Excel spreadsheet for all the armor myself). The list below is just items that stand out a little bit more than others in their weight class ie. dont follow the average norm, you always want to get as close to the roll limit you want as possible so this means mix and matching accordingly.

Head - Minimal weight: Wanderer Hood +10, Tattered Cloth Hood +10, Thief Mask +10
    Head - Overall: Royal Helm +10

Chest - Minimal Weight: Dingy Robe +10, Sage Robe +5
    Chest - Overall: Elite Knight Armor +10

Gloves - Minimal Weight: Wanderer Manchette +10, Tattered Cloth Manchette +10
    Gloves - Overall: Iron Bracelet +10

Leggings - Minimal Weight: Xanthous Waistcloth +5, Maiden Skirt +10, Crimson Waistcloth +5
    Leggings - Overall: Nothing specific stands out.

It should be noted that PvP is all about poise and thats not taken into consideration in the list above, if you want to save weight in PvP it usually means using high poise gloves/leggings paired with a good cloth chest (some people use this setup to give the impression they are not tank built).

Last edited by eneq on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:42 pm

The elite knight set balances poise, defence and weight pretty nicely. Its obtained in the area outside the moonlight buttefly fight.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:59 pm

Dang my mistake, Dingy+10 is better than Sage Robe+5. Post updated...
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:36 pm

And if you ONLY consider poise/weight ratios the list is;

Head: Solaire Iron Helm +10
    Chest: Solaire Armor of the Sun
    Arms: Havels Gauntlets
    Legs: Solaire Iron Leggings

For a total of 74.2 poise and with a weight of 30.3 for the armor only.
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:19 pm

do you guys really use slabs to get armors to +10?
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:26 pm

Ofcourse, titanite slabs are easy to farm.

Actually on my lvl 72 toon im on a quest to get all items and upgrade them all... except slabs happy Im almost there, all armor are +9, all shields are +9, next is weapons to +10 but I dont think Ill go over that (or maybe I will), I have atm 5 titanite slabs just in my box and the stuff I use plus some other crap already upgraded to max.

I usually do a run of New Londo Ruins in human form so I can spice up the grind with some PvP action as well and all the Wraiths die with the first BS.

But thats not how I got most of the materials, them I buy. Usually an evening of PvP in the forest nets Me 1+ million souls so I just go to New Londo and buy the mats.
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Standard Knight Armor is the single lightest piece offering 20 poise and is pretty good when fully upgraded.
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Giant set at max...
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Hylian wrote:Giant set at max...
    This. The armor, gauntlets, and leggings give 77 poise, which is just enough to avoid a Zwei R1 spamlock. Great defense as well.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:31 pm

Agreed, and you can swap out the arms for Havels as well and get some more poise, I have been stunlocked in this setup however and the alternative is to go fathers mask and go full havel but I really hate the look of it so I usually swap out the chest piece for Stone instead.

But I dont think thats what the OP was asking for but instead what gave the best return on the weight investment but as everyone knows it all depends on what the purpose is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm