Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

Post by Carphil on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Sorry guys, I only read the first post, and I want to comment this:

In a beatiful day I created a character, a warrior at sl4, and without leveling up, I went to undead burg. When I reach the bonfire, I reverse to human just to see if I could find any summon sign, I knew I would have to wait a lot for a guy with starting gear at such low level to put his sign, but I tried. After killing those 2 hollows near the bonfire, I just saw 5 or more white signs, and when I go see them, they are all people in End Game Gear. Havel, Black knight, gold hemmed, dark armor etc... and after 10 seconds, a red wraith invade me. He was wearing Giants armor, with Iron bracelets and Iron leggings (solaire gear?) mask of the mother, queelag furysword and solaire shield. And he was NINJA FLIPPING with Dark Wood Grain Ring. Seriously, With my sl 80 I can't ninja flip with havel gloves, leggings, elite knight armor and 30 endurance. I mean WHAT?

He killed me in two hits. Dark Souls was so much better before...

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Carphil wrote:Sorry guys, I only read the first post, and I want to comment this:

In a beatiful day I created a character, a warrior at sl4, and without leveling up, I went to undead burg. When I reach the bonfire, I reverse to human just to see if I could find any summon sign, I knew I would have to wait a lot for a guy with starting gear at such low level to put his sign, but I tried. After killing those 2 hollows near the bonfire, I just saw 5 or more white signs, and when I go see them, they are all people in End Game Gear. Havel, Black knight, gold hemmed, dark armor etc... and after 10 seconds, a red wraith invade me. He was wearing Giants armor, with Iron bracelets and Iron leggings (solaire gear?) mask of the mother, queelag furysword and solaire shield. And he was NINJA FLIPPING with Dark Wood Grain Ring. Seriously, With my sl 80 I can't ninja flip with havel gloves, leggings, elite knight armor and 30 endurance. I mean WHAT?

He killed me in two hits. Dark Souls was so much better before...

The BB glitch is responsible for 99% of that problem. If you took out DWGR, the griefer could get almost the exact same effect with various other gear and rings.

Honestly, most of the problems people attribute to DWGR aren't really specific to that ring. DWGR is mostly an aesthetic problem (flipping tanks look stupid). You can poise stack without it, and you can resistance stack without it, all while staying under 25% weight and rolling around like a champ.
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Those who are like "OH NERFING NEEDS A NERF TROLOLOL" (I've never read something as stupid as that, btw..) don't understand that this *** ring breaks the game, totally.
    And must be using it too and yeah I know if you want to stay competitive you have to use it but some peoples couldn't really win without playin a "flippin tank".

I don't care about the masks, the electric weapons (Cause now, after this patch the scaling is better) or the claymore (I don't see why it would need a nerf) or whatever.
    I just want that ring nerfed, I think that the devs when they created this game were not planning on having ninjas with heavy armor, that's why they added the poise thing, because it wasn't there on Demon's souls and that the absence of it made the heavy armors useless, the best defense was rolling.
    (And because the defense hasn't a great impact on the damages)

But they changed this, because they wanted the players to play lots and lots and lots and lots and... lots of builds.
    Thiefs in light armors that can easily dodge, Massive tanks in heavy armor that are slow but takes a very few damages, etc.
    (Those are only examples, I'm not saying that's what the builds should all be.)

This game has the potential to offer a lot of variety in the builds but that ring ruins that, and because of that it needs a nerf.
    There's no need to discuss about it.
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Everyone is talking about their own opinion of what is overpowered. Just look at all the threads about different things that should be nerfed. For every thing that is "overpowered", there are techniques to nullify that.

Instead of talking about nerfs, why don't we talk about strategies to overcome them?

The main problem with the DWGR is it allows for poise tanks. I feel bad for most of these tanks. Most of them are predictable, and they are usually easy to backstab, and chain backstab. Just turtle them, make them attack and counter it. If they charge at you for a pivot BS, it is usually obvious and you can counter BS them. If they roll at you, then roll 45 degrees to the left or right, then another roll to end up behind them, and BS.

If you see them pull out a talisman, then smile. They must have low vitality to stack endurance and faith. Roll BS them through their WoG

Yeah, fighting with exclusively BS is boring. But, it is just as boring as fighting turtles.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Ignus-Dej
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Ignus-Dej on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Gol wrote:Those who are like "OH NERFING NEEDS A NERF TROLOLOL" (I've never read something as stupid as that, btw..) don't understand that this *** ring breaks the game, totally.
    And must be using it too and yeah I know if you want to stay competitive you have to use it but some peoples couldn't really win without playin a "flippin tank".

I don't care about the masks, the electric weapons (Cause now, after this patch the scaling is better) or the claymore (I don't see why it would need a nerf) or whatever.
    I just want that ring nerfed, I think that the devs when they created this game were not planning on having ninjas with heavy armor, that's why they added the poise thing, because it wasn't there on Demon's souls and that the absence of it made the heavy armors useless, the best defense was rolling.
    (And because the defense hasn't a great impact on the damages)

But they changed this, because they wanted the players to play lots and lots and lots and lots and... lots of builds.
    Thiefs in light armors that can easily dodge, Massive tanks in heavy armor that are slow but takes a very few damages, etc.
    (Those are only examples, I'm not saying that's what the builds should all be.)

This game has the potential to offer a lot of variety in the builds but that ring ruins that, and because of that it needs a nerf.
    There's no need to discuss about it.
    ^^
    This! You got it! Devs surely didn't want to have so many ninja tank clones.

Last edited by Ignus-Dej on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:27 pm

I'm sure there is absolutely no way I can kill that guy in Starting warrior gear and a longsword.

I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:34 pm

This thread has been locked for abusive language. Please post within forum guidelines.

Forum Guidelines

Please help the community by joining both wikis and Fextralife!

Forum Guidelines / Resource Guides / Dark Souls Wiki / Dark Souls 2 Wiki / Wiki Live Chat

Fextralife / Wiki Twitch / Emergence Twitch / Wiki Fight Club / The Pantheon

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:47 am