Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Share
    avatar
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 117
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Age : 33
    Location : Zagreb, Croatia

    Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by Katakato on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:40 am

    If they say nerf DWG Ring to the point it allows flips at 25% weight (or maybe 30%), would that balance PvP ?
    I know everyone hates Tank flipping, i don't rly have a problem whit it "game mechanic" wise but i do hate the fact that a guy in a steel plate suit weighing 50 kg (100 pounds) flips like a gymnast.
    Some would say that nerfing it to allow 25% weight for flips will break the ring & make it useless but i disagree since while flipping you move faster than light rolling & have more invincibility frames.

    The drawbacks would probably be more Hornet Ring users (since it's the next OP ring, in my book anyway) & that's pretty much all i can think off.
    The good side of the story will be that if you want high poise say hello to medium rolls, slower speed & other good rings like Wolf,Cloranthy, Red Tearstone & perhaps Tiny Being would see much more use.

    I know this has been addressed before but i like this game too much & would like to see it balanced to the point of perfection, but there's no such thing silly


    _________________
    Need more character slots sad
    avatar
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1182
    Reputation : 18
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by Darkson on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:48 am

    There can't be too much threads about this in my oppinion.

    I'm a total DWGR hater! Combined with Havel's Ring, you are able to wear the heaviest armor and have the highest poise and dodge everything and run flippin' fast and get backstabs even easier...

    Yes, it takes away 2 ring spots, but there is nothing else that gives you so much power, as it completely removes the only downside of heavy armor.

    What the hell am I supposed to do against fast flipping ninja tanks that I can't even hit? I can't even run away...

    Besides all that, even in a fantasy world with magic rings, it looks simply ridiculous when you see all that flipping tanks everywhere! It has almost become a requirement to pvp, but I will forever refuse to wear it, even if I get raped by flipping tanks 90% of the time...

    I like the idea to nerf it so you can only use it with 25% burden, so that only the "real" ninjas can use it.
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by aceluby on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:25 am

    I find the 'faster' animation to be overrated, not really better than the regular animation other than it has a slightly bigger window where you can't be hit. I wouldn't care one way or another if it was nerfed, I'd just use Havels and keep my weight under 25%.


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    avatar
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 117
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-01-18
    Age : 33
    Location : Zagreb, Croatia

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by Katakato on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:36 am

    aceluby wrote:I'd just use Havels and keep my weight under 25%.

    That would be fair, you sacrifice 1 ring slot for more Equip burden / Poise, but you would never be able to load as much to move fast as you can now with DWG.


    _________________
    Need more character slots sad
    avatar
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 557
    Reputation : 43
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by strangejoy on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:50 am

    The flip animation by itself really isn't worth a slot. Half the time you flip too far with it, and it doesn't seem as fluid as the normal roll. As far as role playing concerns (flipping tanks look stupid), a lot of things in this game make even less role playing sense. Backstabs, for instance, are absolute nonsense. A "backstab" in real life is only associated with a critical hit because it implies an element of surprise that allows the backstabber to carefully place a blow such that it hits a critical organ. Rolling around or running in circles around someone to attack their back is idiotic. In the heat of combat, you're not going to surprise someone with a stab just because you hit their back!


    _________________


    Dedicated forestwraith.
    avatar
    theGentleman
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 106
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-01-19

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by theGentleman on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:55 am

    Gentlemen,
    It is my belief that the best thing to balance PvP would not be degrading any equipment supplied by the designers but rather an increase in player skill.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by RANT on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:57 am

    i second what ace said, i would just wear the dingy set which i do sometimes and keep my weight under 25%, dwgr actually works better for dex builds, they can wear full giants or havels and still ninja roll because their weapons are light compared to ultra gs's. i also think poll and threads about nerfing stuff need a nerf, like you said a game will never be perfect in everyones eyes, people will always find something to whine about.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Ignus-Dej
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 48
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-25
    Location : Germany

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by Ignus-Dej on Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:06 pm

    RantFromRant wrote:i second what ace said, i would just wear the dingy set which i do sometimes and keep my weight under 25%, dwgr actually works better for dex builds, they can wear full giants or havels and still ninja roll because their weapons are light compared to ultra gs's. i also think poll and threads about nerfing stuff need a nerf, like you said a game will never be perfect in everyones eyes, people will always find something to whine about.

    It's the developers fault. If they screwed up the pvp balance with such stuff, they have to correct it. Especially this ring is the ultimate troll equipment in Dark Souls.
    There is nearly no variety in PvP-builds. 90% of all players(trolls, f*gs, noobs, ***holes) I encounter online are wearing this loony monkey a** ring and a stupid mask of their choice. And don't forget the heavy a** armor.
    Everytime I see such a moron, I nearly can't controll myself, lapse into anger. I could rip someone's f***ing head off!!!
    If the person who plays such a char would be sitting next to me, I would f***ing press his eyes into his head and cutting him to pieces!
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by RANT on Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:27 pm

    yeah, every time i get invaded its someone in a mask+giants or havels armor with a katana. but theres always gonna be people complaining about, rog needed to get nerfed only because of caster that couldnt lock on which sucked for them but that was it, i didnt have a problem at all on my melee build, it actually made it easier to kill them cause they thought it was gonna be an easy win. i wouldnt care that much if it got nerfed as i would just keep my weight under 25%. but if this keeps happening eventually everything is gonna get nerfed instead of people finding a way to counter something which they think its op, in the end all we're gonna have left is the broken sword hilt.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Ignus-Dej
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 48
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-25
    Location : Germany

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by Ignus-Dej on Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:47 pm

    The nerf of RoF was really necessary and most of people playing the game, including me, are happy about this. If FromSoftware would take care more of their games like other companies do, they would have already brought out a few patches out that had balanced the game to a good.
    There will be no f***ing broken sword hilt left after a balancing the right. It would increase a higher variety of used builds in this game and more unique playstyles.
    If StarCraft weren't have been developed properly, balanced well and patched to its perfection, it wouldn't be the game it's used to be today. And not everyone in this game is building f***ing carriers over and over and over. I know, StarCraft is a bad comparison! It's only an example!!!
    Dark Souls can be balanced well. The number of gamers who want changes in this game is higher than the number of people like you RantFromRant.
    I hate ******** like nerfing need a nerf. I bought that game because it's hard, not because it's unfair or unbalanced!!
    avatar
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 261
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-02-10

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by Gol on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:02 pm

    Yeah I'd love to see it nerfed.
    Seriously... 5 minutes before I was pvping and got a mask flippin tank, I was playing a int/dex rapier build, If the guy is fair-play and if there's no lag, I got a chance, against the "other type" I can still win, except they just try to stab me in the back (yeah a guy with giant's armor and a zweihander is a thief) so I don't have any choice but to chain BS them.

    And when there's lag I can't do nothing cause if I don't get lagstabbed the guy receives the damages I do like.. 5seconds after.
    Plus rapiers are not of those weapons that can break a guard or make the opponent consume a lot of stamina when blocking so... sometimes, some guys love to just block my hits with their shield (and when there's lag I can't chain BS) so I let you imagine... blocking + rolling with that *** ring and a heavy armor.

    (But the problem with the shield is the same against light and medium armors though...)
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by aceluby on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:07 pm

    Ignus-Dej wrote:The nerf of RoF was really necessary and most of people playing the game, including me, are happy about this. If FromSoftware would take care more of their games like other companies do, they would have already brought out a few patches out that had balanced the game to a good.
    There will be no f***ing broken sword hilt left after a balancing the right. It would increase a higher variety of used builds in this game and more unique playstyles.
    If StarCraft weren't have been developed properly, balanced well and patched to its perfection, it wouldn't be the game it's used to be today. And not everyone in this game is building f***ing carriers over and over and over. I know, StarCraft is a bad comparison! It's only an example!!!
    Dark Souls can be balanced well. The number of gamers who want changes in this game is higher than the number of people like you RantFromRant.
    I hate ******** like nerfing need a nerf. I bought that game because it's hard, not because it's unfair or unbalanced!!

    Easy there... no need to blow a gasket.

    Let's say you nerf this ring and then everyone just uses Havels + RoFaP so they can have the fast roll, do we nerf those too? Ok, so we nerf them, but then melee characters are getting owned by crystal spear throwers, so we nerf that. Well, then there's the WoG spammers, so we have to nerf that. Then there's the BS'ers w/ hornets ring, so we nerf both of those. Anything else we hear about? Ah yes, the katanas, claymores, and great swords... those should get a nerf. Lightning too since that's all we see. The masks also should get a nerf, not to mention the stupid dusk crowns and the Avelyn... so those get nerfed.

    Sounds like such a fun 'balanced' game now... doesn't it?


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    avatar
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 233
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-01-25
    Location : USA

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by ted1023 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:10 pm

    How about we just get rid of all the equipment, all the spells and run around and punch each other to death?? seem like thats where all this nerf talk is coming to...Oh yea nerf the back punches too..lol


    _________________
    PSN: Ted4Freestyle (add me)

    ted4freestyle (youtube channel just vids of fun pvp)
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by RANT on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:20 pm

    dude take it easy its just a game and you clearly dont knwo FROM, theyre known for sticking to their games the way they are, i was really surprised when they actually nerfed some stuff, of course glitches are a diff thing that really needed to get fixed like the unlimited souls thing. if you really dont like a game cause you feel its unbalanced you can play another game dude and if they patchthe game and it makes you happy then there you go.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Ignus-Dej
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 48
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-25
    Location : Germany

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by Ignus-Dej on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:23 pm

    aceluby and ted1023, you don't get it.
    You don't f***ing get it you immature ***holes. Not f***ing everything needs a nerf!
    Nerfing isn't the only way to change things! There are a lot more things that can be done to balance a game. If you guys are not under 17, you must be plain stupid!
    If you guys are wondering why I'm griping so much, is because I live in f***ing Germany, and griping is german mentality here. When I'm angry, I easily obesess into things that made me that angry.
    I'm ususally a calm person most time in my life, but sometimes I explode!


    Last edited by Ignus-Dej on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 468
    Reputation : -2
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Age : 27
    Location : Morrowind

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by Midgar on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:26 pm

    This is hardly an issue when you can 1HKO people in a PvP game lol.


    _________________
    PSN: AnulBandit
    Characters:
    Yellow Fever - SL 154 - Dex/Faith
    Darktide - SL 160 - Dex/Int/Str Murakamo Build
    Flask = My win
    Sorcery = Useless
    I get negative rep points for making a valid point
    avatar
    Liff Daddy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 124
    Reputation : 10
    Join date : 2012-01-20
    Location : Massachusetts

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by Liff Daddy on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:27 pm

    aceluby wrote:
    Ignus-Dej wrote:The nerf of RoF was really necessary and most of people playing the game, including me, are happy about this. If FromSoftware would take care more of their games like other companies do, they would have already brought out a few patches out that had balanced the game to a good.
    There will be no f***ing broken sword hilt left after a balancing the right. It would increase a higher variety of used builds in this game and more unique playstyles.
    If StarCraft weren't have been developed properly, balanced well and patched to its perfection, it wouldn't be the game it's used to be today. And not everyone in this game is building f***ing carriers over and over and over. I know, StarCraft is a bad comparison! It's only an example!!!
    Dark Souls can be balanced well. The number of gamers who want changes in this game is higher than the number of people like you RantFromRant.
    I hate ******** like nerfing need a nerf. I bought that game because it's hard, not because it's unfair or unbalanced!!

    Easy there... no need to blow a gasket.

    Let's say you nerf this ring and then everyone just uses Havels + RoFaP so they can have the fast roll, do we nerf those too? Ok, so we nerf them, but then melee characters are getting owned by crystal spear throwers, so we nerf that. Well, then there's the WoG spammers, so we have to nerf that. Then there's the BS'ers w/ hornets ring, so we nerf both of those. Anything else we hear about? Ah yes, the katanas, claymores, and great swords... those should get a nerf. Lightning too since that's all we see. The masks also should get a nerf, not to mention the stupid dusk crowns and the Avelyn... so those get nerfed.

    Sounds like such a fun 'balanced' game now... doesn't it?

    No, because there's nothing dumb about that. No one is complaining about that so why would it be nerfed?

    That doesn't make sense. There's no need to blow things out of proportion like that.


    _________________
    Gamertag - Liff Daddy
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by aceluby on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:31 pm

    Ignus-Dej wrote:aceluby and ted1023, you don't get it.
    You don't f***ing get it you immature ***holes. Not f***ing everything needs a nerf!
    Nerfing isn't the only way to change things! There are a lot more things that can be done tobalance a game. If you guys are not under 17, you must be plain stupid!

    Immature? Who's the one name calling and insulting because they don't agree with me? Get a grip, it's a video game.


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by RANT on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:34 pm

    dude, relax. youre the one that looks childish and stupid by cursing and insulting people. what everyone is trying to say is that people will always find something to ***** about, thats how everyone is, like a said before FROM is not known for changing their games, they release them and its take it or leave it, if you're trying to get something nerfed then do it if you get it fine if not stop complaining.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by aceluby on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:35 pm

    Liff Daddy wrote:
    aceluby wrote:
    Ignus-Dej wrote:The nerf of RoF was really necessary and most of people playing the game, including me, are happy about this. If FromSoftware would take care more of their games like other companies do, they would have already brought out a few patches out that had balanced the game to a good.
    There will be no f***ing broken sword hilt left after a balancing the right. It would increase a higher variety of used builds in this game and more unique playstyles.
    If StarCraft weren't have been developed properly, balanced well and patched to its perfection, it wouldn't be the game it's used to be today. And not everyone in this game is building f***ing carriers over and over and over. I know, StarCraft is a bad comparison! It's only an example!!!
    Dark Souls can be balanced well. The number of gamers who want changes in this game is higher than the number of people like you RantFromRant.
    I hate ******** like nerfing need a nerf. I bought that game because it's hard, not because it's unfair or unbalanced!!

    Easy there... no need to blow a gasket.

    Let's say you nerf this ring and then everyone just uses Havels + RoFaP so they can have the fast roll, do we nerf those too? Ok, so we nerf them, but then melee characters are getting owned by crystal spear throwers, so we nerf that. Well, then there's the WoG spammers, so we have to nerf that. Then there's the BS'ers w/ hornets ring, so we nerf both of those. Anything else we hear about? Ah yes, the katanas, claymores, and great swords... those should get a nerf. Lightning too since that's all we see. The masks also should get a nerf, not to mention the stupid dusk crowns and the Avelyn... so those get nerfed.

    Sounds like such a fun 'balanced' game now... doesn't it?

    No, because there's nothing dumb about that. No one is complaining about that so why would it be nerfed?

    That doesn't make sense. There's no need to blow things out of proportion like that.

    People aren't complaining about it now, just as people weren't complaining about the grain ring pre-patch. And all it takes is a quick glance around to see that people want lightning, claymores, magic, wog, hornets ring, backstabs, etc... nerfed. There is no way to make everyone happy.


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    avatar
    Ignus-Dej
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 48
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-25
    Location : Germany

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by Ignus-Dej on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:37 pm

    I will stay at my point! And I repeat it again:
    If you guys are wondering why I'm griping so much, is because I live in
    f***ing Germany, and griping is german mentality here. When I'm angry, I
    easily obesess into things that made me that angry.
    I'm ususally a calm person most time in my life, but sometimes I explode!
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by aceluby on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:38 pm

    Ignus-Dej wrote:I will stay at my point! And I repeat it again:
    If you guys are wondering why I'm griping so much, is because I live in
    f***ing Germany, and griping is german mentality here. When I'm angry, I
    easily obesess into things that made me that angry.
    I'm ususally a calm person most time in my life, but sometimes I explode!

    Who cares where you're from. It doesn't give you permission to act childish because people disagree with you.


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    avatar
    Dilby
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 30
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-01-25

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by Dilby on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:43 pm

    Ignus-Dej wrote:I will stay at my point! And I repeat it again:
    If you guys are wondering why I'm griping so much, is because I live in
    f***ing Germany, and griping is german mentality here. When I'm angry, I
    easily obesess into things that made me that angry.
    I'm ususally a calm person most time in my life, but sometimes I explode!

    well your "german mentality" (which is total bs) makes you come off as ignorant and childish. if you hate the game go play your beloved starcraft.
    avatar
    Dilby
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 30
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-01-25

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by Dilby on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:45 pm

    aceluby wrote:
    Ignus-Dej wrote:aceluby and ted1023, you don't get it.
    You don't f***ing get it you immature ***holes. Not f***ing everything needs a nerf!
    Nerfing isn't the only way to change things! There are a lot more things that can be done tobalance a game. If you guys are not under 17, you must be plain stupid!

    Immature? Who's the one name calling and insulting because they don't agree with me? Get a grip, it's a video game.

    couldnt agree more.
    avatar
    Ignus-Dej
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 48
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-25
    Location : Germany

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by Ignus-Dej on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:48 pm

    Dilby wrote:well your "german mentality" (which is total bs) makes you come off as
    ignorant and childish. if you hate the game go play your beloved
    starcraft.

    I've never played that game! I was only telling you guys an example you didn't understand! This forums is full of morons! I could go to the next mall and run amok!

    Sponsored content

    Re: Would a DWGR nerf balance PvP ?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:58 pm