Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Dragonoid tips

Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Dragonoid tips Empty Dragonoid tips

Post by Kiva the wanderer Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:09 pm

HELP111 I'M GETTING DUNKED.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dragonoid tips Empty Re: Dragonoid tips

Post by Spurgun Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:31 pm

1. Use the wolf ring unless you're a pro or you're turtling a lot.
    2. Keep your distance. And never trade blows, since it will almost never end in your favor.(unless you know that you can stunlock him/he has very little health left).
    3. Use the roar when they're turtling (unless they have a SK shield or a greatshield, since they can completely block it), and you can also use it before you attack. The damage boost it gives is really nice. But don't use it to stop their attack. Since it will go through the roar.
    4. Preferably use weapons with a little more range, since you'll get killed quickly if you get too close to them.
    5. It will take a lot of practice to get good with the dragon body. Especially if you're used to being able to tank hits. So don't be angry if you get killed a lot at first.
    6. Practice some more.
    7. Be very afraid of bleed weapons. If they're aggressive then they'll bleed you out very quickly, so learn how to roll out of the bleed.

I can't really come up with anything else silly
    You just have to practice a lot with it. Since it has no poise and low defense it's like a semi glass-cannon. You get the roar (and you can do tons of damage with it).
    Fighting against people in full giants can be -very- frustrating. Since you have to hit them ~3 times more than they have to hit you :x , but it's doable. I've beaten lots of people in heavy armor flipping around.

The dragon body makes you very vulnerable since you have nothing but your skill to rely on. You don't have any poise to tank hits with, and the hits you take do loads of damage.

PS. I'm not very good at explaining things, so don't expect to learn much from that silly

ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:22 pm

1. Keep one ring slot free so you can switch in Bloodbite Ring/Stoneplate Rings/Red Tearstone Ring as you need, because as Spurgun said...be very afraid of bleed silly Whenever I use dragon body I use the Wolf Ring and keep the second slot free for whatever I need. Equip Burden and stamina recovery won't be a problem for you as you won't be wearing armour, so you can take from end and put into vit to make up for the not using Ring of Favour and Protection

2. I second ranged weapons, though be careful about using bows as you can't afford to be hit unnecessarily

3. Power within and playing aggressively seems to work for me. PW + Dragon Roar and even Red Tearstone Ring is an extremely deadly combo, which I think is fitting for Dragons happy

4. Consider investing in enough faith to pick up (Great) Magic Barrier and Replinishment, if Power Within doesn't suit you. These can save your life! 16 faith will allow you to use the basic Magic Barrier and also Replenishment.

5. And possibly most importantly - equip Bloodred Moss Clumps to your quick slots and keep them there silly

Just a few things that help me when I play in Dragon mode happy
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:04 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4601161977166725

your goal is to kill them fast, you're not built for endurance contests, you're built for near instant death... all weapon can make devastating use of the leo ring in the build above along with the dragon roar, thats the roar boost (35%?) and the leo ring boost of 40% , thats alot of damage.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:17 am

ChaosMoogle wrote:1. Keep one ring slot free so you can switch in Bloodbite Ring/Stoneplate Rings/Red Tearstone Ring as you need, because as Spurgun said...be very afraid of bleed silly Whenever I use dragon body I use the Wolf Ring and keep the second slot free for whatever I need. Equip Burden and stamina recovery won't be a problem for you as you won't be wearing armour, so you can take from end and put into vit to make up for the not using Ring of Favour and Protection

2. I second ranged weapons, though be careful about using bows as you can't afford to be hit unnecessarily

3. Power within and playing aggressively seems to work for me. PW + Dragon Roar and even Red Tearstone Ring is an extremely deadly combo, which I think is fitting for Dragons happy

4. Consider investing in enough faith to pick up (Great) Magic Barrier and Replinishment, if Power Within doesn't suit you. These can save your life! 16 faith will allow you to use the basic Magic Barrier and also Replenishment.

5. And possibly most importantly - equip Bloodred Moss Clumps to your quick slots and keep them there silly

Just a few things that help me when I play in Dragon mode happy

Im using the bloodshield. And the tearstone I'm being aggresive but its a pain, I've ebeen fighting unlocked a lot of the time.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:39 am

You can hotswap to the RTS when you get low on health, the wolf ring wont help you if they can kill you in one hit anyway.
    And you can also swap away the wolf ring if you're going to fight against a weapon that can stun you anyway (UG weapons), i usually swap to the cloranthy, and then i swap to RTs when i get low on health.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 am