Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

A question relating to NG+

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

A question relating to NG+ Empty A question relating to NG+

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Posting on another thread I got to thinking that maybe more items transfer over from NG to NG+ than was first thought.

Case in point I recently managed to upgrade a +9 Magic Falcon that I had at the end of NG to a +10 on NG+ before beating Seath, which means that I did so without the need of getting the Large Magic Ember a second time around. Of this I have no doubt, as I distinctly remember considering it strange at the time.

I am also reasonably sure that I did the same with my +9 Divine BSS some time later, before picking up the Large Divine Ember for a second time.

How is any of this possible if embers are supposedly one of the items that do not transfer over from one game to the next? :suspect:

Has anyone else experienced this, or something similar to this? Or am I merely going stark raving mad! :face:
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

A question relating to NG+ Empty Re: A question relating to NG+

Post by callipygias Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:45 pm

You never need an ember to go from +9 to +10, just a blacksmith or the smithbox.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:51 pm

I know that, but in the case of the Magic upgrade path you do need a Large Magic Ember to go from a +6 to a +10, and so how was it that I could upgrade a +9 to a +10, bearing in mind that I didn't pick up the Large Magic Ember on that run to begin with, if embers 'supposedly' do not transfer over from one game to the next?

I guess the game recognised that I had already passed the +6 mark, and so allowed me to continue upgrading the weapon even though the Blacksmith did not have the ember ot do it.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:06 pm

That's right. Once it's upgraded to +6 you don't need an ember to keep it going. If I have 3 White Chunks and want to eventually make 3 Occult weapons I'll grab the ember and instead of upgrading one weapon 3 times I'll up 3 weapons to +1, that way when I get more white chunks--even if it's the next playthrough--I can keep upgrading them all without going back for that nasty ember.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:23 am

You need to collect every ember on every run, there's no exception.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:34 am

Well my experience says different, as everything I've seen to date would appear to indicate that if you've passed the initial modification point then you no longer need that ember to continue the upgrade if you decide to carry it over to your next run or beyond.
    Krasouski
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Krasouski Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:29 pm

You only need the embers to "modify" the weapon(+5->+6,for example),You dont need it to reinforce a weapon
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:47 am

Gazman0169 wrote:Well my experience says different, as everything I've seen to date would appear to indicate that if you've passed the initial modification point then you no longer need that ember to continue the upgrade if you decide to carry it over to your next run or beyond.

You don't need an ember to reinforce, you need it to ASCEND your weapons. You can't ascend anything without the corresponding ember. If you had modified a certain weapon to at least Magic +6 then you certainly didn't need the Large Magic Ember to finish upgrading it, even on NG+.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:17 am