New to PvP (Need help?)

Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

New to PvP (Need help?)

Post by Automancer on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:34 am

Hi, guys! As you can see, i'm new to the forums and i've recently gotten interested in PvP.
    Let's just say that i've played PvE for far too long and i've gotten bored. After watching so many videos on YT of PvP matches, i kinda wanna join in.

To be honest, i have no idea what i want to do in PvP but i've been a fan of the Butcher's Knife and the Darksword. Is there a viable build out there that can work with these two weapons? Or are they even worth using in PvP? I tried a couple of matches a while ago in the Burg and i only won like 2 out of 30 matches...

The character i'm using at the moment isn't really cut out for PvP, i think. It's my PvE character i've been fooling around with. Here's my build http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=4005883116972882

Last edited by Automancer on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:36 am; edited 4 times in total
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: New to PvP (Need help?)

Post by tofucactaur on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:10 am

hmmmm......
    your link is just a link to mugenmonkey, you have to use the share link button down the bottom to share any modifications to the page..... right now all i see is a level 4 warrior....

Look Skyward Look Skyward Look Skyward Look Skyward

Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

tofucactaur wrote:hmmmm......
    your link is just a link to mugenmonkey, you have to use the share link button down the bottom to share any modifications to the page..... right now all i see is a level 4 warrior....

Whoops, sorry about that. Just changed the link. >_<
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:38 am

cough* sorry maybe try the minify button bottom left next time*

your build is not awful, its a quality build, although not the very best use of stats, its quite usable aswell happy

http://tinyurl.com/9ro7fbo

look up weapons for a quality build such as SKS, mura etc...
    you are pretty much gonna get good damage out of any weapon with 40 for both str and dex anyway, so mess around, this build is good for a beginner because you can really use any weapon, so I would suggest experimenting. Always go for the moveset you feel most comfortable with would be my advice. You might also fair better with more poise at first happy
    Don't get discouraged if you loose allot at first, and don't rely on the DWGR as that is getting nerfed VERY soon and will no longer be of any use/

FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi Automancer, and welcome to the forums!

If you want to get into PvP, i recommend watching Phantom EWGF's PvP videos and reading Roan's introduction to dark souls PvP. I know there is a looot of stuff, but i don't expect you to do it in one day. Having the basic knowledge about backstabs, stunlocks, toggle escape, and various other mechanics and other things is vital for becoming better player.

Roan's guide has also very detailed explanations about different weapon types and builds using them, so copying one of those could be a good way to make your first PvP build. I would not recommend a quality build for the first PvP build though. It is true that you can test different weapons with it, but you will often have to sacrifice poise, hp, stamina or armor to have that versatility. Just make two different builds which can use different weapons.

Pure dex builds are very good for first PvP builds. They can deal nice damage, while having a good amount of defence, mobility, hp and stamina. For example, something like this: http://tinyurl.com/92llnqf It has poise to tank a two-handed greatsword hit, over 1700hp, max stamina, with 10 humanity good damage output, 340 physical defence and some pyros to experiment with. But as i said, check Roan's guide for many different beginner friendly builds.

The most important thing while learning to pvp is to not rage quit. You will get your *** kicked many times and people will be assholes, but whenever you win, observe what you did right, or when you lose, think about what you did wrong and you will learn from your mistakes. Consider taking part on some fight clubs. You can find those in here, or at twitch.tv for example.

Good luck, and have fun!

So the world might be mended…”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:44 am