Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Share

    Ryndis
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 16
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-10-16

    Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by Ryndis on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:29 am

    Ive browsed some of the theories recently and most ive seen make priscilla out to be a crossbreed between seath and X. Although im still not entirely decided on who the X is, im pretty convinced Seath is not part of her parentage.

    Now i dont know how many of you have the artbook but there are two things that lead me to believe she isnt related to seath.
    1. She has scales. At the base of her neck and you can debate whether or not her eyebrows are scales, however her neck is very clearly covered in scales.
    2. Her fur is akin to the fur you see on the everlasting dragon in the great hollow.

    Its my belief that priscilla is a crossbreed between an everlasting dragon and someone else. I also believe the painting is more of a hiding place than a prison and Seath IS interested in her, he just cant find her or reach her.
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by WyrmHero on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:49 am

    Seath is the most logical opinion since he and Priscy are albinos. She could had inherited the scales simply because Seath is a dragon. Also in the intro it seems Seath had his scales removed in the war. I would call him a war veteran traitor, treason to the dragons in exchange for his life. In any case Priscy seems more of a successful experiment to me, and Seath is a mad scientist. winking


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 295
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-09-07

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by Deathsitexxi on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:49 pm

    Ryndis wrote:Ive browsed some of the theories recently and most ive seen make priscilla out to be a crossbreed between seath and X. Although im still not entirely decided on who the X is, im pretty convinced Seath is not part of her parentage.

    Now i dont know how many of you have the artbook but there are two things that lead me to believe she isnt related to seath.
    1. She has scales. At the base of her neck and you can debate whether or not her eyebrows are scales, however her neck is very clearly covered in scales.
    2. Her fur is akin to the fur you see on the everlasting dragon in the great hollow.

    Its my belief that priscilla is a crossbreed between an everlasting dragon and someone else. I also believe the painting is more of a hiding place than a prison and Seath IS interested in her, he just cant find her or reach her.


    I’m not sure if you read my thread here… http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t12710-dark-souls-analysis-with-update-1
    but in my second comment I have some
    ideas about Seath and his relationship with Priscilla.. I also have the Art
    Book and mention that in the comments as well. Let me know what you think!


    _________________
    If i could choose to become any animal it would defiantly be a jackass. So that i could fit in with the crowd.
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:16 pm

    I'm of the same opinion as Wyrm on this. I do think of the painting as more of a hiding place than a prison though. For example, the guards are there to stop you from getting in. Anyone getting out doesn't even alert them of their presence. I have a lot more evidence for that I'm sure I discussed somewhere around here.

    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by Shkar on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:51 pm

    Seath is probably an odd case in his scalelessness; that trait probably isn't inheritable, or at least MIGHT not have been. And indeed, Priscilla does seem to share her color scheme with Seath.


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:01 pm

    Plus, Priscilla is in Anor Londo and the Painted World borrows some artistic and architectural style from the city. It's likely the city was made after the Dragons were decimated by Gwyn and the Lords meaning the pool of potential dragons to donate genetic code would be drastically limited. Probably Seath wouldn't have been popular even if he found another dragon. I suppose he could have taken a DNA sample from a dead one.


    Ryndis
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 16
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-10-16

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by Ryndis on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:09 pm

    WyrmHero wrote:Seath is the most logical opinion since he and Priscy are albinos. She could had inherited the scales simply because Seath is a dragon. Also in the intro it seems Seath had his scales removed in the war. I would call him a war veteran traitor, treason to the dragons in exchange for his life. In any case Priscy seems more of a successful experiment to me, and Seath is a mad scientist. winking

    See i disagree. Shes not albino. The only similarity with her being albino is that her fur and hair are white. Her eyes are yellow.

    Generally colors associated with albinos are pale skin, whitish hair, and red/blue in the eyes. She has yellow eyes, and no visible pink on her character. The pale skin can be explained in that there is no sun in the painted world, naturally resulting in a pale color.

    Also the blood covering him in the opening is around his claws and mouth mostly. Naturally what he'd use to fight with, i dont think he lost his scales in the war.

    There is one everlasting dragon known left. In the great hollow. There are 5 outstanding enemies that are related to seath in some way. Channelers, man eater crabs, and golems, the hydra, and the butterflys. The fact that there are man eater crabs in front of both seaths crystal and the everlasting dragon.

    Ryndis
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 16
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-10-16

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by Ryndis on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:10 pm

    skarekrow13 wrote:Plus, Priscilla is in Anor Londo and the Painted World borrows some artistic and architectural style from the city. It's likely the city was made after the Dragons were decimated by Gwyn and the Lords meaning the pool of potential dragons to donate genetic code would be drastically limited. Probably Seath wouldn't have been popular even if he found another dragon. I suppose he could have taken a DNA sample from a dead one.

    I thought the architecture in the painted world more closely resembled oolacile

    Ryndis
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 16
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-10-16

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by Ryndis on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:25 pm

    Deathsitexxi wrote:
    Ryndis wrote:Ive browsed some of the theories recently and most ive seen make priscilla out to be a crossbreed between seath and X. Although im still not entirely decided on who the X is, im pretty convinced Seath is not part of her parentage.

    Now i dont know how many of you have the artbook but there are two things that lead me to believe she isnt related to seath.
    1. She has scales. At the base of her neck and you can debate whether or not her eyebrows are scales, however her neck is very clearly covered in scales.
    2. Her fur is akin to the fur you see on the everlasting dragon in the great hollow.

    Its my belief that priscilla is a crossbreed between an everlasting dragon and someone else. I also believe the painting is more of a hiding place than a prison and Seath IS interested in her, he just cant find her or reach her.


    I’m not sure if you read my thread here… http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t12710-dark-souls-analysis-with-update-1
    but in my second comment I have some
    ideas about Seath and his relationship with Priscilla.. I also have the Art
    Book and mention that in the comments as well. Let me know what you think!

    Ill read it now!
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by skarekrow13 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:52 pm

    Ryndis, yes it does resemble oolacile more. However the courtyard statue is similar to those in Lordran. The pews, a few other things, etc. are also similar. There's also a smaller painting that looks like oolacile in anor londo. But the premise is still the same. The painted world is based off of the rise of man/lords.. I didn't want to go over all the details but you're right in which region out more closely resembles.

    Back to which dragon the genetics come from....it's absolutely possible it came from another one. Seath had minions that maybe could have found some samples. The one at the lake allows you to take it's tail so why not? But the simplest answer is that he needn't have gone to those lengths. He's a sample. That also adds a huge benefit. Why was Priscilla made? I don't buy lovin between goddess and dragon. I'm in the "gwynevere"was normal sized camp and that could lead to some issues. Do crossbreeding would come down to experimentation. Seath is the only implicated party there. So back to why. To benefit him of course. That crystal is really quite fragile. So, if you were looking to grow yourself some scales would it be easier to learn that trick on an experiment that contained your genes our someone else's? Basically, to get the best result he would want the test subject to be as close to him as possible. My guess is that the only reason a non dragon mother was used is because of the scarcity of dragons overall and any true everlasting one might remember him. They might not be in the mood to mate thinking of his treason. Also, it would potentially ruin his results. If scales are a dominant trait he would need a mother who is also scaleless. And of course it is possible he lost his scales in the war, meaning he had genes that are just fine. Finally, why not work on some other improvements while he's at it.

    Personally I think he took elements from many areas, including oolacile, but the primary sources were himself and gwynevere. I even write a poem about it big grin

    avatar
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 295
    Reputation : 12
    Join date : 2012-09-07

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by Deathsitexxi on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:08 am

    skarekrow13 wrote:Ryndis, yes it does resemble oolacile more. However the courtyard statue is similar to those in Lordran. The pews, a few other things, etc. are also similar. There's also a smaller painting that looks like oolacile in anor londo. But the premise is still the same. The painted world is based off of the rise of man/lords.. I didn't want to go over all the details but you're right in which region out more closely resembles.

    Back to which dragon the genetics come from....it's absolutely possible it came from another one. Seath had minions that maybe could have found some samples. The one at the lake allows you to take it's tail so why not? But the simplest answer is that he needn't have gone to those lengths. He's a sample. That also adds a huge benefit. Why was Priscilla made? I don't buy lovin between goddess and dragon. I'm in the "gwynevere"was normal sized camp and that could lead to some issues. Do crossbreeding would come down to experimentation. Seath is the only implicated party there. So back to why. To benefit him of course. That crystal is really quite fragile. So, if you were looking to grow yourself some scales would it be easier to learn that trick on an experiment that contained your genes our someone else's? Basically, to get the best result he would want the test subject to be as close to him as possible. My guess is that the only reason a non dragon mother was used is because of the scarcity of dragons overall and any true everlasting one might remember him. They might not be in the mood to mate thinking of his treason. Also, it would potentially ruin his results. If scales are a dominant trait he would need a mother who is also scaleless. And of course it is possible he lost his scales in the war, meaning he had genes that are just fine. Finally, why not work on some other improvements while he's at it.

    Personally I think he took elements from many areas, including oolacile, but the primary sources were himself and gwynevere. I even write a poem about it big grin


    Skare,


    If you have not read my theory
    yet (The Seath part is in Update #1, the second posting) I’d love to see what
    you think about it! The link to it is in my comment above!


    _________________
    If i could choose to become any animal it would defiantly be a jackass. So that i could fit in with the crowd.
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by skarekrow13 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:32 am

    I like it and can't refute it but have a few thoughts (of course).

    If Seath was originally human, he wouldn't really be a traitor to dragons. Well kind of. He would need to be a disciple so aligned with them and could then betray them. But basically he would be a double traitor. First man then dragons.

    Was the Duke's Archive designed by or even for Seath? He wasgranted his title which means the title and Seath were at one point separate. Seath could be the first and only duke though I suppose. However, if that was the case it might be expected to be called Seath's Archive. Also, Seath is blind. Regardless of size books are useless to him in a traditional sense. My speculation is there is a good reason for a high concentration of channelers in there. How fast can he learn if he has several entities reading for him at the same time and channeling the information to him?

    Regarding the moonlight connection. It seems most dragons can harness some form of inner power. The gaping dragon, a distant relative uses a stomach acid attack. The Wyvern, another relative, uses fire. The other weapons show signs of elemental power. Seath is a lot like Gwyndolin (coincidence?) In that he seems like a lesser version physically of his peers but was able to harness sorcery better.

    Finally, when we kill Seath, he should become human. Where is human Seath? Or evidence of human Seath? Gwyndolin is a possibility. They can die independently but that's accountable via the time distortion. However there's evidence of both having lives etc in anor londo and around. With the crystal existing until wesmash it, it rules out him having a double life and just going back and forth. He can't die with the crystal intact and that's the only way to reverse the dragon form. Really finally, if he can just resurrect like us and turn right back into a dragon there's no reason to fear death and have the crystal at all

    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by DoughGuy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:35 am

    Its odd to think that the Archives existed during the dragon war isnt it? How else could it have been granted to Seath but not used by him.

    Also Shkar and I (and another who I forgot sorry) once theorised the dragons have their "stone magic", and that seath may have been blinded by the sun itself.

    I still need to make the thread about those lol.


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 10236
    Reputation : 410
    Join date : 2012-01-27
    Location : Ralph Wilson Stadium

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by skarekrow13 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:41 am

    Lots if questions, few answers 8')

    I wanted to add too that I really liked the analysis and will have to read all the other stuff now (assuming no spoilers for the dlc). My response seems pretty down on it reading it again but honestly great job. Essentially I might be yakking out my rear because From left it vague

    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by WyrmHero on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:09 am

    The Seath Gwynevere relationship makes sense if we follow the idea of duke + princess arrangement. Maybe Gwyn offered Gwynevere to Seath as thank you or say yes to the relationship? Maybe he used her for his crazy experiments. Also check out Darkmoon Knightess dialogue:

    Have you heard of Seath the Scaleless?
    In legend, he turned against the ancient dragons.
    He became Lord Gwyn's confidant, was granted dukedom, and was allowed to pursue his research.
    At the Regal Archives, he immersed himself in research on scales of immortality, the one thing that he did not have.
    … But his very research drove him mad…
    The Archive became a dungeon, a place for sinister experiments.
    Now, nobody dare even approach the duke's forbidden Archives.
    It looms over this land, high atop the mountain.
    But I should warn against even an approach




    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by Shkar on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:57 am

    We're talking two entirely separate species that aren't even physically similar. Yes, there theoretically could be romance between them, but the odds of that happening are slim to none.


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    avatar
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 770
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-07-15
    Age : 24
    Location : Let me just look at my.....I forgot the map.

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by Rudmed on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:07 pm

    I'd have to say Priscillia is an experiment of Seath (if she isn't then...well it certainly wasn't Gwynevere).

    I read somewhere that someone had a theory that Priscilla may have been Havel's daughter. Thus when she was snatched away, and Havel couldn't find her or was unable to act due to Gwyn's favor of Seath, he began to plot the downfall of the Gods (This also could have been the cause of his hatered for Seath and sorcery).


    _________________
    XBL GT: gguyy

    Join us cursed brothers and sisters and regain the lives you once knew: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t10229-those-of-cursed-blood-covenant-looking-for-members#212550






    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by WyrmHero on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:04 pm

    Shkar wrote:We're talking two entirely separate species that aren't even physically similar. Yes, there theoretically could be romance between them, but the odds of that happening are slim to none.

    Indeed. He could have experimented on her as part of their arranged romance. Maybe that's the reason he is so obsessed with the capture of maidens?


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant

    Sponsored content

    Re: Is priscilla still considered to be offspring of seath?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:08 pm