Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
callipygias
BloodBlade22
6 posters

Where should I go next?

BloodBlade22
    Casual
    Casual

Where should I go next? Empty Where should I go next?

Post by BloodBlade22 Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:06 pm

So I am currently at a crossroad. I can either continue to go down into blight town, go past the hydra to the upper forest there, go to the tomb of the giants, or go down to the ruins below firelink shrine.

Tomb of the giants was annoying due to lower visibility and I actually lost 15k souls and 13 humanity down there so I think im good on that... blight town I keep getting toxic 2 mins into it, the upper forest seemed pretty hard last time I was there (rat dude was pretty tough), and I still haven't attempted the ruins below as I hear there's ghosts down there (but after research I understand how to counter them).

Should I go to the ruins next, or is there something important that ill be missing from other places I should get before the ruins?

Please not too many spoilers either, this is my first ever playthrough winking
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Where should I go next? Empty Re: Where should I go next?

Post by callipygias Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:13 pm

So you have the Lordvessel?
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:13 pm

If it's your first playthrough, do it blind, as I can guarantee that it will be a heck of a lot more fun for you. A major part of DkS is finding out things for yourself, and I wouldn't worry about losing souls or humanity, as this will happen a lot, but be content in the knowledge that if you stick with the game long enough there will come a time when both become surplus to requirements.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:17 pm

Sounds like he is doing it blind. "No spoilers," and all.
    BloodBlade22
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BloodBlade22 Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:24 pm

callipygias wrote:Sounds like he is doing it blind. "No spoilers," and all.

By no spoilers I just meant push me in the right direction is all... I don't want to know about bosses and such, but if someone thinks the ruins would be the best place to go, then just say 'go to the ruins next'.

I have kind of already made my mind up that ruins would be the best place to go next, but if I am missing 'that item' from one of the others above that would make it easier, maybe just say 'blight town next'. winking

I could just do it blindly I suppose though...
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:33 pm

I don't wish to sound harsh, but you risk depriving yourself of one of the games greatest pleasures if you look for advise on where to go on this here wiki. There is no right or wrong when it comes to a first run, as your main focus should be to simply enjoy yourself, and so do what you think is best. Trust me, you should only consider asking our advise if you get really stuck, as anything else will lesson the overal impact of the game. Part of the fun is making mistakes, and learning by them.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Gaz, if you're blindfolded in front of 4 doors and I shove you through one you're still blindfolded.

OP, I'm assuming you have the Lordvessel, right?
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Yes, but he is NOT blindfolded, but is simply unsure as to what he should do next, no doubt fearful that he is going to make an unrectifiable mistake if he takes a wrong turn. I totally understand this, as I've no doubt we've all felt this at some time, but the point I am trying to put across is that if I knew then what I know now I would of set out to tackle my very first run with no help whatsoever from this here wiki, which is no doubt a great resource, but which can at the same time be an undeniable hinderance.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:00 pm

There's no wrong or right answer anyway, so no point in us getting all worked up over it. Sounds like he may go for the Ruins, and that's as good as any other place.

Op, wherever you go just grab everything you see and pay attention if there's something that may be worth coming back later for, and enjoy every death. It's the only first playthrough you'll get on Dark Souls. Keep us updated too. Every first playthrough should have its own thread so that if you get hooked as badly as some of us have you can go back to it after 1,000 hours and read what you wrote your first time through.
    BloodBlade22
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BloodBlade22 Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:33 pm

callipygias wrote:There's no wrong or right answer anyway, so no point in us getting all worked up over it. Sounds like he may go for the Ruins, and that's as good as any other place.

Op, wherever you go just grab everything you see and pay attention if there's something that may be worth coming back later for, and enjoy every death. It's the only first playthrough you'll get on Dark Souls. Keep us updated too. Every first playthrough should have its own thread so that if you get hooked as badly as some of us have you can go back to it after 1,000 hours and read what you wrote your first time through.

Ya I suppose ill just go for the ruins lol... guess ill figure it out as I go kind of thing. And im already hooked badly on this game. It is quite possibly the greatest game I have ever played (and I still have demon souls as well when/if I ever get bored of this game).

The response "ruins is as good as any other place" was more or less what I was looking for, just wasn't sure if I was missing something important from the others...

My greatest achievement so far was slicing the tail off the bridge dragon with my melee weapon, and then proceeding to kill that bastard with it happy

Thanks you guys.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:54 pm

BloodBlade22 wrote:My greatest achievement so far was slicing the tail off the bridge dragon with my melee weapon, and then proceeding to kill that bastard with it happy
    That achievement definitely qualifies as great, in NG.

BloodBlade22 wrote:wasn't sure if I was missing something important from the others...
    You may be, I don't know. Backtracking is never a bad idea in a Souls game.
    BloodBlade22
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BloodBlade22 Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:51 pm

Ya so I went to the ruins and after a very frustrating time with the ghosts, I managed to clear it... yet there wasn't anywhere I could go. There are 2 elevators that don't work and a door that's locked. Maybe I just need to search more...

So then I went to the upper forest area... managed quite well, but realized that getting 1k per kill was probably a bit high for where im at now. Got killed by those giant rats too, weapon is a little weak right now.

So then I gave blight town a try again and realized that the reason I get toxic every time is because of some stealth dart shooter dude. I am quite sure this is where im supposed to be next as the kills net me 100-150 and the big dudes are like 500. Then I fell down somewhere, and then got killed again by my own stupidity losing 30k souls and like 13 humanity... so I raged a bit at myself and called it a night lol...

Kinda pointless story but yea... im bored as hell at work, can't wait to get back home sad
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Hahaha, I thought you meant a different 'ruins.' Didn't know you were talking New Londo!

Too bad you're not recording. My favorite thing to watch on Youtube is blind Dark Souls playthroughs.
    BloodBlade22
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BloodBlade22 Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:31 pm

callipygias wrote:Hahaha, I thought you meant a different 'ruins.' Didn't know you were talking New Londo!

Too bad you're not recording. My favorite thing to watch on Youtube is blind Dark Souls playthroughs.

I might do that... idk im pretty OCD so it might get boring for some people to watch me search every nook and cranny. I might record my first playthrough the blight town, haven't got very far I just killed that squid thingy, im sure people will get some kicks watching me trying to figure out the bosses and stuff (like how I died twice trying to kill the squid thing upfront lol).

Ill take it into consideration, depends on if it slows my computer down

P.S. do you have any recommendations as to which program to use? Im looking for something that is free and doesn't have time restraints (googled one but had a max 10 min recording time)?
    Ser Isaac
    Ser Isaac
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ser Isaac Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:02 pm

Have fun in NG+ Mwuahahahah!
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:09 pm

You're on the right track. Good work clearing New Londo; that's a tough area.

Realize what's happening, look at all your items and descriptions, take your time with the game... there's lots of information in this game that isn't apparent at first glance. Take your time and enjoy it and don't let people spoil anything at all; not even where you should go.

Keep your wits about you and trust your senses. The game rewards critical thinking, which is why I loved it too (still do). Don't let anyone take that critical thinking away from you. Look at all your items, they also give insight into the world of dark souls.

Have fun!
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:10 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:You're on the right track. Good work clearing New Londo; that's a tough area.

Realize what's happening, look at all your items and descriptions, take your time with the game... there's lots of information in this game that isn't apparent at first glance. Take your time and enjoy it and don't let people spoil anything at all; not even where you should go.

Keep your wits about you and trust your senses. The game rewards critical thinking, which is why I loved it too (still do). Don't let anyone take that critical thinking away from you. Look at all your items, they also give insight into the world of dark souls.

Have fun!

MUST aggree with Mark VI. in PvE, i try to clear the levels on my own, no help or summons. Only when i get to the bosses i tend to request assistance. Good example, when i started the game when i bought it i was scared to even think of attempting the catacombs or New Londo Ruins. After my first run through them, i realised it was not as scary or daunting as first thought... desfs a game you shoudl try snd experience yourself. And yes, you going to loose souls and humanity, just the way the game goes... don't loose heart, or determination.
    BloodBlade22
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BloodBlade22 Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:22 pm

edgie_za wrote:
    IV_Mark_VI wrote:You're on the right track. Good work clearing New Londo; that's a tough area.

Have fun!

MUST aggree with Mark VI. in PvE, i try to clear the levels on my own, no help or summons. Only when i get to the bosses i tend to request assistance. Good example, when i started the game when i bought it i was scared to even think of attempting the catacombs or New Londo Ruins. After my first run through them, i realised it was not as scary or daunting as first thought... desfs a game you shoudl try snd experience yourself. And yes, you going to loose souls and humanity, just the way the game goes... don't loose heart, or determination.

Ya losing souls and humanity sucks, but I will never lose heart winking mainly because I know that when I do, it is my own dumbass fault. And I never use summons, I would imagine the game would become trivialized quite quickly, and there no sense of acomplishment. Idk, im just a solo kind of guy, don't think ill ever use summons (npc or player).
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:37 pm

You're absolutely right. Plus, that big badass boss, a summon might show you a "trick" or two, and would completely deflate any sense of accomplishment from you killing that boss in any future playthrough.

So do it yourself! And good luck!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:45 am