Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
GrinTwist
Knight Alundil
blackphantom08
7 posters

ps3 or xbox360

Poll

which is easier to hack/gets hack the most

[ 2 ]
    ps3 or xbox360 I_vote_lcap50%ps3 or xbox360 I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    ps3 or xbox360 I_vote_lcap50%ps3 or xbox360 I_vote_rcap [50%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Poll closed
    blackphantom08
    blackphantom08
    Addicted
    Addicted

ps3 or xbox360 Empty ps3 or xbox360

Post by blackphantom08 Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:37 am

I'm more of a playstation guy myself and was thinking about this cause a lot of people say xbox is easier to hack then playstaion lets see everyones opinion
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

ps3 or xbox360 Empty Re: ps3 or xbox360

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:09 am

I don't really know where the "Xbox is easier to hack" thing came from. I know how to hack a save file for DkS on xbox and Ps3 and the process is almost the same.

I guess it just comes down to Ps3 owners either being less technically savvy or just having more respect for the game.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:01 pm

I don't really care much for either. But I do enjoy ps3 a bit more because I haven't had to deal with any technical difficulties in the two years that I've had it.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:46 pm

I can hack both myself, but many of my friends say it is far easier to find third party programs for the Xbox than it is PS3. Maybe because it's a Microsoft product and so requires less development from Windows programs.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:39 pm

Really?PS3 is less expensive and easier to hack.

To hack PS3,you only need an USB key.

To hack Xbox 360,either you dismantle the console and take out the disk reader OR you buy expensives 360Key but you still need to dismantle the console.

But really,when I saw free online play and PSN+ on the PS3,I stopped hacking and bought Dark Souls.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:20 pm

Good point Vatar, but that's providing you can find programs that suit your needs. For example, Wii Homebrew is easy to find, install, and use, but programs for the other consoles vary in both how easily you can find ones suited to you, and how simple setup and usage is.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:21 pm

vatar5 wrote:Really?PS3 is less expensive and easier to hack.

To hack PS3,you only need an USB key.

To hack Xbox 360,either you dismantle the console and take out the disk reader OR you buy expensives 360Key but you still need to dismantle the console.

But really,when I saw free online play and PSN+ on the PS3,I stopped hacking and bought Dark Souls.

Xbox you only need usb stick too winking
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:27 pm

Digitalyzed wrote:Good point Vatar, but that's providing you can find programs that suit your needs. For example, Wii Homebrew is easy to find, install, and use, but programs for the other consoles vary in both how easily you can find ones suited to you, and how simple setup and usage is.

Yeah the Wii is really easy to hack and allows me to play old games bought from the store with my nunchaku while before I had to use a GC controller sad

@SunbroAlundil Yeah you have the JTAG hack but your Xbox needs to have a baseband less than 8xxx or something like that to install it which is pretty restrictive...and you can't play online(although I heard some stuff recently..)
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:11 pm

vatar5 wrote:
    Digitalyzed wrote:Good point Vatar, but that's providing you can find programs that suit your needs. For example, Wii Homebrew is easy to find, install, and use, but programs for the other consoles vary in both how easily you can find ones suited to you, and how simple setup and usage is.

Yeah the Wii is really easy to hack and allows me to play old games bought from the store with my nunchaku while before I had to use a GC controller sad

@SunbroAlundil Yeah you have the JTAG hack but your Xbox needs to have a baseband less than 8xxx or something like that to install it which is pretty restrictive...and you can't play online(although I heard some stuff recently..)

I'm not going into details but trust me it's waaaaay easier than that. happy
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:33 pm

PS3, because I'm not going to spend 40 quid a year to use my own internet and still be bombarded with advertisements for non video game related things.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Rather we not have threads like this. Jailbreaking/homebrewing is a very interesting and creative scene especially as it pertains to third party applications, however it also makes strange bedfellows (sometimes unfairly) with save altering and piracy. With this site being dedicated to a specific game that is itself subject to hacking, these types of topics that broach into game modification are best snipped before they give the impression that we support that type of hacking.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:38 am