First Pyro build I've made. Opinions plzz! :D

Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

First Pyro build I've made. Opinions plzz! :D

Post by Cabjoy on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Hey guys,
    This is the first Pyro build I've made and wanted to see if I was in the right direction:

http://tinyurl.com/982uaxq

The idea behind the build will be purely to zone and to not get hit. I do have some poise on the character, though if I do get hit I plan on just toggling out.

Speckled stoneplate ring is more there for a placeholder at the moment, so I'll definitely consider changing that one up. I'd like to a void FaP ring so I can throw rings around anyway I'd like. There's a good chance I'll throw the Red Tearstone Ring on this character from time to time.

This should end up basically being a glass cannon build that can do some crazy damage by the time it's done. Lemme know what you think! happy

Thanks guys
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Re: First Pyro build I've made. Opinions plzz! :D

Post by IceIfrit666 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:52 pm

It looks pretty good to me.
    Actually, it's hard to mess up a pyro build.
    RTSR, Bellowing, full pyro glove, and a Great Fire Ball can do 1000 or more so you should definitely switch the speckled for RTSR.

Xbox Gamertag: Druid Cathbad
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:54 pm

This damage sounds disgusting, I love it! At first I just thought maybe I'd want a little defense, but honestly I think I'll just make it a roll of the die build. Avoid hits at all costs, try for parries and I should be sweet! Gonna be fun >big grin
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:26 pm

I play pure(ish) pyro myself sometimes, and it's a lot of fun! Is your build for duels, or regular invading? I think glass cannons work better in regular invasions.

Why 16 str?

Low health and low poise can be a tricky combo. Particularly because you're a caster. You will often be backstabbed or hit when casting a spell, and even a twohanded spear or katana will stunlock you. Failed parry attempt will most likely also lead to stunlock. How about changing the stone speckled for wolf ring? Then, when you are at low health, you can inventory swap it to red tearstone, because at that point poise won't matter anyway.

With so high dex, you could use short bow instead of composite bow. +15 Short bow has S scaling with dex.

How about something like this? http://tinyurl.com/8h43q2p 1500hp, poise to tank twohanded greatsword, same damage output, but a bit less stamina.

So the world might be mended…”
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:41 pm

Cheers for the suggestions!
    I have trouble using a build for strictly duels or invasions, and generally get bored of using the same weapons or only having access to limited weapons. The 16 STR is purely so I can use most weapons if I'm in the mood. I'm willing to sacrifice some points for a bit of variety.

As for the Composite bow, I'm not really interested in doing pure damage with my bow but more to just have it as keep away/roll bait. I'm using poison arrows to introduce another risk for the guy I'm fighting. Since the composite has the fastest draw speed I think it'll function better in this way.

I'll definitely consider practicing menu swapping for your idea with the wolf ring though. I think that'd be much more effective.

Thanks! happy
    SublimeSinner
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SublimeSinner on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:49 am

I believe they have the same draw speed and the DMB too. I'd use the dingy robe and traveling gloves to get your magic defense up. I'd also use a heater shield as it can block. I personally find the animation weird for the special parry items after using normal shields.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:29 am