Pure caster build

Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Re: Pure caster build

Post by Ghadis_God on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:03 am

Velka's Rapier is better than the MLGS as a backup for a pure caster. Using a rapier is more conducive to low-poise, low-end play than the stamina-consuming MLGS. If you don't level End, you might only get 3 swings or less; that's not to mention how weak a squishy mage with no poise is trying to fight with a GS after his spells run out. If your opponent has a fast weapon, you will be interrupted. A lot. Heck, I wear a piece of thorn armor just so I can roll into 0 poise builds and interrupt their actions. The MLGS doesn't have pokes, or any close-combat moveset past the r1, which is rather short-ranged and predictable. You don't need stamina, however, to use a rapier properly. All you need is fast roll and maybe a shield.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    FellipeMariano
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by FellipeMariano on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:52 am

zasmyenok

Post by zasmyenok on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:28 pm

What soul level are you referring to with this?[/quote]
    My build was done around SL60-65, I don't exactly recall as I leveled him recently to help some new players in co-op. They were much higher SL than me.

Kolhell

Post by Kolhell on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:22 pm

I'd like to add that Velka's Rapier also has stellar reach. It's not quite an Estoc, but the weapon itself is something like 20% longer than a regular Rapier.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:12 pm