Do you want the next Souls game to be more similar to Demon or Dark Souls?

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Re: Do you want the next Souls game to be more similar to Demon or Dark Souls?

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:20 pm

is it just me or did demons have more weapons...? also i'd love an epee' rapier, razor sharp fast moveset and some bleed.... hehehehe... heck i also preffered demons approach to bleed, i'd just say make it more aggressive but shorter lasting than toxic...

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:48 pm

All I want for the next title are little detail-type additions. As cool as the armor combos are in DkS, the cool would be magnified 1,000 times if we could change the color of armor. The armor would be as you found it, but maybe there'd be a blacksmith or something who could change it to black or silver or bronze. The combos would be outrageous.

"It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

"Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

"Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:52 pm

That would totally kick ***, question though is, would they be able to have it fit in with the ingame lore somehow? *le magical brush*

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Or maybe just a boss like Flamelurker who would burn your equipped armor black.

"It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

"Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

"Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Hm, yeah, wouldn't be too fun walking around in a burned black piece of armor though? Of course monster wouldn't want to eat ya, so that's a +.

Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:19 pm

I wouldnt mind a bit more boss fights like artorias the faster bosses the better the rush.

Ill be on PS4 at around Christmas time hopefully so my psn tag is "KivaNChips"

Multiplayer titles and Souls games
    Main games on X360 ATM: Dark Souls, DKS2 (Wont be online though :'c), BF3 and Halo 4.
    Target games on PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall, Destiny and a next gen souls title?

games im following
    InFamous, Shadow of the Beast, MGS V, Lords of the fallen, The Order: 1886, The Evil Within (WOO!), Fallout 4, Star Wars battlefront, Kingdom hearts 3, The division, Warhammer MMO, Watch dogs and so much more.

So many games, so little time (And Money).
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:25 pm

I'd echo a lot of comments in this thread and say that, while Dark Souls is definitely a gameplay improvement, I'd also like to see some of the atmospheric elements from Demon's Souls return. Demon's Souls also had a better diversity of boss battles, I felt, so it would be nice to see that again.
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:09 pm

I would definately go with Dark Souls. I played it first and when I played Demons it was good, but a massive step backwards. The cliche'd feeling that you got from Dark Souls I had with Demons so I think it comes down to what you played first.

Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:18 pm

Demon's Souls but with less farming and respawning lizards. Other than combat improvements and less farming Dark Souls was disappointing to me.

Naxek
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Naxek on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:36 pm

Siegfried. wrote:I'd echo a lot of comments in this thread and say that, while Dark Souls is definitely a gameplay improvement, I'd also like to see some of the atmospheric elements from Demon's Souls return. Demon's Souls also had a better diversity of boss battles, I felt, so it would be nice to see that again.

This too, I've yet to get to a boss that has legitimately frustrated me in Dark Souls. Whereas Demon's Souls I could never beat flamelurker or the maneaters on NG+ by myself.

Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Naxek wrote:
    Siegfried. wrote:I'd echo a lot of comments in this thread and say that, while Dark Souls is definitely a gameplay improvement, I'd also like to see some of the atmospheric elements from Demon's Souls return. Demon's Souls also had a better diversity of boss battles, I felt, so it would be nice to see that again.

This too, I've yet to get to a boss that has legitimately frustrated me in Dark Souls. Whereas Demon's Souls I could never beat flamelurker or the maneaters on NG+ by myself.

Can I ask if you played Demons Souls first? Cause if you did that's what it was like for me, but the other way around. Once i'd played through DkS then picked up DeS I was just going through the motions because I knew all their tricks.

Naxek
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Naxek on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:04 pm

I was referring to bosses on NG+ only by the way, because they hit so much harder. (Talking about being the appropriate level, without farming).

But yeah I played Demon's Souls when it first came out, and several times since then.

Addicted

Post by Dogwelder on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:25 am

Yeah, this about sums it up for me: keep the gameplay improvements found in DKS but feature more areas with a DES-like atmosphere. Good point about the boss battles, too.

Mostly, I just hope that From don't feel the need to change the formula to any great degree after making two games which are pretty similar - they both work beautifully, so massive, sweeping changes aren't necessary.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:51 am

They just need to keep doing what they are doing. I enjoyed both immensely, Dark only slightly more because I felt they did a better job w/ the online elements, so I trust that the next one will be equally as awesome w/ just as good of improvements.

SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:09 pm

Demon Souls. Paradoxically I found Demon Souls "darker" than Dark Souls. But that's just my personal taste and feeling.

I miss the 100% success rate of summons too. I never had a summon sign fail in Demon Souls. But that's because of the dedicated servers probably. ;-)

Btw I still play the asian version of DemonS still busy sometimes.

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:08 pm

I want that From Software does what they want .
    They should not let the Fans influence them because: What the Fans want is not what the Fans want .

steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:56 pm

I want the next souls game to be different like how Dark Souls is different to Demon's Souls. Both games stand out in their own right and if we start getting new games that are too much like past games then the series will get stale very quickly. To the observer who just quickly compares both games would think that they are not very different but most of you know that practically all animations were redone from the ground up. While it's annoying for me not being able to use past move sets like the mace and pole weapons which I absolutely loved, it will be refreshing to play with familiar weapons that you have to relearn because they work differently, after all a lot of the fun in the Souls series is finding out how to battle with stuff.

Also with people saying they want atmosphere back like Demon's Souls I'm hoping it's not a request to have that art style back. I really want the next Souls game to have it's own flavour when it comes to that because I want something fresh. I don't want another Demon's Souls because that is what Demon's Souls is for.
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Played both, addicted to both but as seeing Dark Souls to be better in any way next one should be going from that direction. Also, would even more expand PVP part of the game.

SL125 Halberd +15 27/40
    SL125 Lightning Halberd/BKH 32/18
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:02 pm

I got demon's souls about amonth after it came out. Loved it! I never really had much problem with flamelurker, infact he was my favorite boss to fight XD. As for Dark Souls, I preorder it and liked how it started out and I enjoy the improvements to combat and exploration. But as alot of other have said, Demon's Souls had the atmosphere just perfectly while Dark Souls just doesn't instill that kind of fear. I just hope the next one is good like DeS and DkS.

PSN: GunGravePhantom

Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:24 pm

In terms of the amazingly speedy summoning rate... Demon's Souls.
    All the cool extras like Covenants, Arena, Warping, definitely Dark Souls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:03 pm