Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
WyrmHero
Ghadis_God
DoughGuy
Revoltage
8 posters

DWGR Questions

Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

DWGR Questions Empty DWGR Questions

Post by Revoltage Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:54 pm

My question is what's up with the DWGR? It doesn't make your roll cover more distance than a normal light roll (tested this myself). I've assumed, since everyone else said the same, that the DWGR gives you more i-frames while rolling but is there any concrete evidence for this? How would one go about testing the i-frames on different rolls?

I just want to know what the DWGR does that makes it so great. Nakato (I was pvping with him last night) has a theory that the DWGR makes your rolls have more momentum i.e. you can roll over more elevated uneven ground than you can with a light roll.

WTH DOES THE DWGR EVEN DO (in light of the equip load nerf)
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

DWGR Questions Empty Re: DWGR Questions

Post by DoughGuy Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:02 pm

It used to roll <50%, after the nerf it rolls under <25%. The roll is slightly longer, and has slightly more i-frames. This has been tested by reputable sources, and even just using it you can tell it has more. The main advantage is it allows you to stack poise and armour and still have great mobility.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:07 pm

It also makes your backstep an i-frame, which is very useful for some builds. I'm going to use it on my 0 poise ninja cosplay after the DLC, just for the hell of it.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:08 pm

But disregarding the 50% equip load thing, I'm still not convinced about the i-frames and longer roll distance. I feel like the light roll has just as many i-frames, at least from my experience, but how can you really tell for sure concerning the i-frames?

Maybe it makes the time between rolls less, so it's like you can roll again faster after a roll. I might be somewhat confusing about how I'm saying this. I'm saying that maybe you can roll and roll again faster; the time spent between the subsequent DWGR rolls is less than that of light roll?

EDIT: I didn't think about the backstep having i-frames, and you're probably right about that.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:10 pm

Yeah DWGR is like 0% equipload fast roll.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:10 pm

I've fought against <25% rollers and ninja flippers. I just do much worse against the ninja flippers. Idk why, I feel like they always just have a lot more mobility than me...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Grab a friend, put on 0 poise then roll at them while they swing a weapon at you. Then use the DWGR to do the same. you should see a difference. I also think the recovery is shorter allowing you to flip faster.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:14 pm

Yeah I was having a hard time saying that the recovery is less with DWGR.
    WyrmHero wrote:Yeah DWGR is like 0% equipload fast roll.
    I kinda forgot about the fact that there are different fast roll speeds..... this explains a lot for me.

I'm probably going to test some stuff out later with a friend concerning the i-frames. All of this info has been extremely enlightening.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:28 pm

The DWGR roll has 2 more frames of invincibility (sources have said) than the fast roll (15 vs 13). The fast roll is divided into 4 sub-categories, the DWGR uses the 0% recovery speed. Backsteps have always had invincibility frames in addition to hyper armor frames. It is questionable, however, if the DWGR backstep has longer frames.

In addition, the DWGR flip carries momentum more than rolls, this rarely known detail makes it possible to perform 2 additional shortcuts (1 in New Londo and 1 in Painted World) and makes it impossible to perform 1 shortcut (Undead Burg). It also makes performing long distance roll jump over gaps easier.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:45 am

FruitPunchNinja said it just right. Try fast rolling and try DWGRing over lava in Demon Ruins and the difference is noticeable and huge.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:24 am

I've been hit out of fast roll backstep before, it might have been lag, but I've never been hit out of DWGR backstep.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:15 pm

The i-frames for the dwgr are insanely generous. My host was invaded by a flip-master in Anor Londo once. The invader was down to a sliver of health, and instead of turtling he just flipped and flipped and flipped through everything, obviously just screwing around having fun.

Also, the dwgr's goofy looking cartwheels move you as fast or faster than a sprint.. Try it, race a ninja flipper.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm