Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Attention computer nuts!

ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Attention computer nuts! Empty Attention computer nuts!

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:37 am

I need some advice and don't feel like dealing with yahoo answers or making an account on a pc forum.

I'm getting ready to purchase a new pc for a home studio and am considering the following computer.
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2543173&CatId=3380

I am going with this one because of the ram, processing power and housing. But I am not computer savvy. So if anyone has better but similar options I'm open.

Fyi I'm likely going to install a small ssd hard drive, as well as a more ram.

Also the computer will be running 2 monitors as well as 4-6 external usb devices.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Attention computer nuts! Empty Re: Attention computer nuts!

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:34 am

As long as you already have an OS to install that looks good to me. If you don't mind me asking what size ssd and for what purpose? If you're planning on running out of memory on the installed hard drive I would imagine the plan is likely to go way over the TB and an ssd of any size is an expensive route to go (relatively speaking).
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 pm

It'd be relatively small, something like 128gb.

SSD's have faster data transfer than standard hard drives. So in the application of recording current projects are stored on ssd's so that when they are open the work fast. Non active projects and the os as well as any other files are stored on the tb hdd.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:46 pm

That makes perfect sense. Well played. I don't know much about current software you'd be working with but that hardware is priced well. A long as moo customer reviews raise red flags I think you have a winner
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:58 am

There are none hahaha. I've looked everywhere. But after doing some research on the company and other products there seem to be no major complaints. They're also a US based company which is great seeing as I'm in the US.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:36 am