Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
ChizFreak
xSomax
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Glutebrah
RANT
WyrmHero
ErrJon6661
TehInfamousAmos
T-King-667
13 posters

My first legit pvp build

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

My first legit pvp build - Page 2 Empty Re: My first legit pvp build

Post by RANT Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:13 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:So much variety with the build: Greataxe is insanely powerful - [url=http://tinyurl.com/8qdjr8g
    http://tinyurl.com/8qdjr8g[/quote[/url]]

yep, i love that thing and its so light for the power it has.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:15 pm

Will show how powerful it is in my new comm (Burg part of it)
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:25 pm

Can sombody do me a huge favor? In dark souls can you wear the thiefs mask and the black iron chest piece (male character) and see if the neck scarf of the thiefs hood pops out of the armor.... if thats the case that would look absolutely retarded and i may have to switch to the shadow mask...
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:30 pm

kk Will do that tomorrow for you if you would like?
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:32 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:kk Will do that tomorrow for you if you would like?
    Yeah man that would be great, thanks a mil (:
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:51 pm

probably not original, but not exactly recommended either. most don't use the wanderers set, going either for heavier armor, or little to none. i know the rings and shield are a bit generic, but i'm pretty new to PvP, so i need a bit of a crutch right now. although, i've been told i'm a rather fun fight anyways.

http://tinyurl.com/8cscxts
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:55 pm

Stop stacking poise guys, when the DLC comes, it will be useless. Most people in PC don't use greatswords anymore, because 2-handing stunlock with them it's almost impossible now, and 1 handed it's extremely-ultra-mega-hyper-easy to parry. And to stack poise just to not be stunlocked by an ultra greatsword (which you should be able to dodge or block silly), requires to sacrifice movement and a ring slot.

Just stay with medium armor and medium roll, it's works perfectly. I prefer light armors, but because I'm good at dodging and I don't require any poise.

Heavy armos are not over-used anymore, except for the occasional Black Iron Set.

On topic: I would change the shield to Silver Knight Shield, 76 stability and same weight as Crystal Shield, and equip the leo ring or the ring that gives low defense boost to lighting/magic/fire instead of Spell Stoneplate ring.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:03 pm

i have no idea why people keep saying tha greatswords are only good for stunlocking and after the patch theyre gonna be useless, my msgs is still gonna hit really hard and no ones uses them one handed anyway, i never stunlocked anyway unless im getting ganked or people are just fishing. the only thing that bothers me with the speed nerf is that i wont be able to counter roll bs as easyly since the attack animation is gonna take longer to recover and i wont get the second hit in(which i unlock and aim behind me) on time.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:05 pm

xSomax wrote:probably not original, but not exactly recommended either. most don't use the wanderers set, going either for heavier armor, or little to none. i know the rings and shield are a bit generic, but i'm pretty new to PvP, so i need a bit of a crutch right now. although, i've been told i'm a rather fun fight anyways.

http://tinyurl.com/8cscxts
    Hey wait a min..... shield in right hand..... weapon in left???? silly but seriously lol i've never seen anyone do that in pvp before.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Now be careful guys, I'm seeing alot of Crystal weapons and I just want to remind you if you forgot, you can't repair those by any means. Also it requires a normal titanite Slab to get to +10, or whatever level they max out.

I agree with Rant on greatswords, I actually avoid stunlocking when I decide to use one, makes fights too short for my tastes.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:29 pm

RantFromRant wrote:i have no idea why people keep saying tha greatswords are only good for stunlocking and after the patch theyre gonna be useless, my msgs is still gonna hit really hard and no ones uses them one handed anyway, i never stunlocked anyway unless im getting ganked or people are just fishing. the only thing that bothers me with the speed nerf is that i wont be able to counter roll bs as easyly since the attack animation is gonna take longer to recover and i wont get the second hit in(which i unlock and aim behind me) on time.

It's not only about hitting hard, they too slow, considering their damage, and poise damage. A ultra greatsword it's better in their current state on PC, IMO.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:32 pm

@chiz too slow? from what ive seen on pc the first attack is the same as consoles. what do you mean too slow?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:43 pm

RantFromRant wrote:@chiz too slow? from what ive seen on pc the first attack is the same as consoles. what do you mean too slow?

Sorry man, but I can't really explain it, I've used in Consoles, and I feel like they are someway inferior now, I feel them slower.

That on top that I really hate most weapons now (because I'm tired of them, I've used almost all weapons in PvP), makes me really pass on off them.

Also I feel like the metagame of now (BS got nerfed, DWGR nerfed, New Dragon GS which doesn't require good stats), makes medium weapons a bit bad compared to light or heavy weapons. Now on the other side, light, and medium armor is more viable. And because light weapons and gear is more viable, ultra heavy gear and weapons is viable too because you can stunlock those builds. I really see more variety now. Well, except for the typical group of Katana-buffers which it's boring to fight against.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:14 am

woops, got confused on the slots. switch those around lol. also, i take offense to the katana buffer comment.i've been told i'm a rather fun fight. hell, half the time i forget to buff my weapon lol.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:32 am

Claymore doesn't need no stunlock to be amazing anyhow! (I swear I do more damage with Roll r1 and r2 than anything else)

I haven't looked into extreme poise stacking. But I will say if you neglect poise you will at some point run into a curved sword, spear, even some straight swords could potentially get damage out of a stun if you can't take their 2h hits. (There is a bad weapon who's stunlock is unchanged in the DLC, and I wonder if/when it'll be the hot new thing)
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:53 am

I could be an idiot an say "Full Giants Armor FTW with DWGR and Wolf Ring!." But i am not going to suggest that so. In my opinion you need to drop either the lucerne or the war pick bc you are using two weapons that req a hit or else you are open for backstabs. Maybe swap one of them for a crystal greatsword? So that way when the dlc hits you can do Curse, and i so far havent seen many crystal greatswords.

http://tinyurl.com/8v2yesy
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:50 pm

i haven't heard anything about curse buildup being added? any of you pc players care to confirm?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:45 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:i haven't heard anything about curse buildup being added? any of you pc players care to confirm?

I'm pretty sure natural Crystal Weapons (Sword and GS) don't cause curse to build up. Only thing about curse modified in PC was that now the AoE attack of Blue Crystal Golems cause a little curse.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm