Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Digitalyzed
vatar5
SlakeMoth
cloudyeki
Bcc17
Reaperfan
10 posters

So...I just heard about this thing that happened...

Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

So...I just heard about this thing that happened... Empty So...I just heard about this thing that happened...

Post by Reaperfan Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:00 am

Dunno if this will be too "morbid" for the forums, but if it is I don't mind if a mod locks it. I just felt like this was something that needed to be shared because it really got me thinking about some things. Anyway:

Article describing the event: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/jake-evans-tells-911-shot-killed-mother-sister-article-1.1176304

Recording of the call: http://soundcloud.com/christin-coyne/jake-evans-911-call
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

So...I just heard about this thing that happened... Empty Re: So...I just heard about this thing that happened...

Post by Bcc17 Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:05 am

People are crazy. Shrug
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

So...I just heard about this thing that happened... Empty Re: So...I just heard about this thing that happened...

Post by cloudyeki Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:05 am

Kid needed to get out more from the sounds of it.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:24 am

What's the betting that sooner or later they'll blame a video game for this kid's actions.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:50 am

^This although the culprit may be the the...err...banalisation(not sure if English word) of violence and I'm not talking about the 0.00001% of people who are extremely violent when they can't play video games(like one of my cousin who hit my grandma because he couldn't play Minecraft Look Skyward He's lucky we live at different countries)

But wait,did he kill them or no?He just confessed O.o

Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:57 am

Sounds like he was a decent guy to be honest, he just got mixed up within himself and couldn't figure out what to do. He was obviously educated, was generally calm and had no history of violence or anger, so it's quite certain that this was a result of some form of mental condition that he was unaware of.

Oh well, as Bcc said, people are crazy.
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:09 am

holy crap
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:25 pm

'A decent guy'!!!! For once words fail me.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:39 pm

There's always more to these things that no one but the people involved will know. Hell, he could#'ve been kept as their incestual sex slave for a decade and snapped, but like I said we'll never know.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Yeah, I saw this story. It's very sad.

No rhyme or reason to it all. Prostration

BTW, on that same day there were stories of a Massachusetts chemist who doctored test results and of a 14-year-old Florida teen who gave birth to a baby boy in a toilet and then proceeded to choke him to death.

Where is our country going? Prostration
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:20 pm

Damn. At least when underage people have kids in my country they become assholes and think they have some sort of entitlement. Better than strangling the thing jesus.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:05 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:'A decent guy'!!!! For once words fail me.

He was honest, admitted to his crime instantly, had no history of cruelty or violence that we are aware of, and was perfectly fine with facing his consequences. I've helped people who've had far more problems than one would believe, all of which were conditioned by the behaviour of others towards them, rather than them being born as psychopaths or murderers.

Sometimes people snap, and it's just another mistake. Yes, it is a big mistake, and he has to be punished, but I would assume there is a backstory that plays a very large role in what he did.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:13 pm

That's depressing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:27 pm