Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Siegfried.
Knight Alundil
6 posters

Fair fight, then they whip out a talisman and-

Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Fair fight, then they whip out a talisman and- Empty Fair fight, then they whip out a talisman and-

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:33 am

Fair fight, then they whip out a talisman and- 2.spam-google-docs
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Fair fight, then they whip out a talisman and- Empty Re: Fair fight, then they whip out a talisman and-

Post by Siegfried. Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:48 am

I've used WotG to finish off that last sliver of HP. Not sure if that counts as dishonourable, although I have the manners, at least, not to spam it.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Fair fight, then they whip out a talisman and- Empty Re: Fair fight, then they whip out a talisman and-

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:53 am

Same here but then again I hvent made a faith build in months.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:04 am

I understand finishing off an opponent with WOTG but at the same time if you came for a fair fight could you finish with one? I mean it wouldn't take much longer to finish a guy off if your fighting someone without WOTG so using it at the last second is basically saying "I'm done with you, next." It's kind of annoying for the other player, especially if they still have the chance of beating you.

It's a rarity but I was able to pull off a 1v1 at the undead burg by parrying at the last second even though I had less then a quarter of health remaining.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:32 am

Then I whip out a talisman and use Vow of Silence or Great Magic Barrier.
    Fair fight, then they whip out a talisman and- 3596227959 Problem?
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:35 am

GrinTwist wrote:I understand finishing off an opponent with WOTG but at the same time if you came for a fair fight could you finish with one? I mean it wouldn't take much longer to finish a guy off if your fighting someone without WOTG so using it at the last second is basically saying "I'm done with you, next." It's kind of annoying for the other player, especially if they still have the chance of beating you.

It's a rarity but I was able to pull off a 1v1 at the undead burg by parrying at the last second even though I had less then a quarter of health remaining.

There's a fair few reasons. If we're both at low health, I may as well use what I've got, especially if you're damaging through my shield or have a faster movement rate than I do. Plus it's a good way to catch someone who turns tail to run. Or if someone has a greatshield that's just tough to bypass, then WotG is a good way to get around their stability and damage resistance.

I'm reasonably sure this is one of the uses it was designed for -- a burst of magical damage that can be used to bypass regular methods of evasion and defense, as well as putting one's adversary on the defensive if used earlier in the fight.

I may well use all three of my WotG castings in a single fight, mind, just not back-to-back. It's just a fantastic tool for controlling the fight and demoralising the competition, and one of the perks I get as a Faith character as compensation for my strength and dexterity limitations.

Seignar wrote:Then I whip out a talisman and use Vow of Silence or Great Magic Barrier.
    Fair fight, then they whip out a talisman and- 3596227959 Problem?

Quite. WotG is a good tool for those who don't use buffs in particular, since it can be combined with a good poise-breaking Divine or Occult weapon to boost a Faith build's damage output to be more competitive with physical damagers. Both of the spells you mentioned are good, solid counters to both Faith and Intelligence builds that rely on poise-breaking split-damage weapons and spell support.

Which is well-played.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:44 am

You forgot to mention GMB makes Moonlight Greatsword useless. I think it is a terribly underrated miracle.
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:59 am

It is. Much better than Vow of Silence, in fact. VoS is great in theory, but you need 12 attunement and 30 faith to make it work, which is a considerable investment of stats. So you spend 12 attunement and 30 faith and then use a miracle that prevents you, as well, from actually casting. Which pretty much means your attunement and faith stats have been wasted on that battle.

What's worse is when you use it against a physical damage build with pyromancy. In the grand scheme of things, Vow of Silence will remove more "points" from your character than theirs, making it a shot in the foot.

But Great Magic Barrier?

> you can continue to cast spells
    > take minute damage from magical damage
    > adversaries can continue to waste time on casting spells
    > Divine, Occult, Magic and Enchanted weapons aren't just inefficient damage-dealers now, but almost entirely useless.

It's pretty boss.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:49 am

Cast SLB, Cast Vos, Watch opponent stupidly look at his talisman while you slaughter him in 3-5 hits. Done.
    Kiljax
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kiljax Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:03 am

WoTG - the proper way for a Faith build to murder someone low on health who decides to just turtle. Spamming isn't the answer, it never is, but I've run into quite a number of players that just turtle up when their health gets low. Nothing like a show of force to knock the turtles on their backsides.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:22 pm

This thread was more based around a picture of lovely, lovely spam that I found than anything else. Many lol's to be had at the expense of spam.
    Kiljax
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kiljax Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:27 pm

Spam doesn't need more lols. It is made of lols. All the lols.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 pm