Foresht Pee vee pee

Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Foresht Pee vee pee

Post by Knight Alundil on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:20 am

So im chilling in the forest with my sunbro. Taking in some moonrays and relaxing by the bridge with some estus.

Everyone always complains about ganks here, so I figured "Hey, if i'm the host I can pretty much control the gank and not let it happen, riiiiiiiiiiiiight?"

How silly I am.

Every single invader acted within the same 3 or 4 patterns.

They approach fast, really fast, and get all up in my grill when im standing 2 feet away from my sunbro. We dispatch him quickly and I get hatemail about ganking.

Don't get it.

They approach slow, so I back off and clearly allow my sunbro to duel 1v1. This is where it gets odd.

I pvp'd all day and only one person who I let duel my sunbro 1v1 reciprocated the favor. Every other vader than beat my sunbro would instantly turn on me, regardless if there was already another vader running for me. Yes it was satisfying the times that I managed to put them both down but still, the principles of the matter! *disgusted*

There were even times when I would BC my sunbro out because he healed. Y'know, one of those heals where they're obv going to lose so they pop a DB and the vader starts backpedalling pooping his pants. At this point i'd BC them out and the vader would just be like "Durr okay now I run at you with 10HP YOU DIE NOW!" and inevitably die.

After I BC out my sunbro I usually offer the wounded Vader a humanity to heal. Most just run straight past the item.

Don't get it.

So i've gathered now, what I should've gathered before by listening to all you guys, that the forest is a no holes barred fight for survival.

Now I just use my summons as bait while I chill with fog ring and poison/fire arrows.

Oh and having the dragon head on when you pop your fog ring off really makes vaders backpedal through confusion big grin

ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Re: Foresht Pee vee pee

Post by ErrJon6661 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:12 am

The reason forest invaders act the way they do (sans the hatemail thats just dumb) is because they're used to hosts using tricks on them.

Anytime I invade and I see an item dropped I don't pick it up, doesn't matter if I watch the host drop it 9/10 times its a trap.

If there's two/three guys I take out the phatoms first, extra souls. I don't give the host time of day even if there's another invader there. Why should I risk giving him the chance to kill me after I've put all this work into an invasion.

People who think of invading/hosting being attached to a system of any honor or morality is a very small portion of the DkS community.

Also visit the newbie page and don't be afraid to message me if you're new and need some advice. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Player+Help

Duel Wielding Velka's Rapier http://tinyurl.com/73jfhgd
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:15 am

There is no system of honour...its like the anthropiological concept of culture.....it doesnt exist.

PSN- ViralEnsign_

[[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:16 am

Haha, oh I know I wasn't expecting honor so much just... it was the guys that ran head on at us them complained about ganking. They threw me the most silly

ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:18 am

Yeah I see that on and off from time to time. Someone clearly doesnt think about thier path of attack or ignores an aspect of terrain then has the gall to tell me im not playing to thier perrception of fair.

Screw that noise.

PSN- ViralEnsign_

[[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:18 am

Just because something is a theory that not everyone chooses to believe in doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I said the word honor and you knew what I was talking about so yeh, it exists.

ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:21 am

But its not concrete. People Reify honour too much.

PSN- ViralEnsign_

Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:22 am

My incredible foresight predicts a flame war. If you want your sunbro to duel, hide with the Fog ring and don't do anything. When I invade the forest and see two people, anything goes. I don't have the leniency to assume it's not a gank.

7:eye-death: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t22607-children-of-the-grave-now-recruiting#472079 :eye-death:             

PSN accounts: Ghadis_God
                         ringo_mogire_SZS
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:25 am

I gave the FHs a days worth of my honor, now i've adjusted and i'm using my summon as bait.

I don't know why people are saying like... oh honor isnt as real and common and people try to make it real too much. I didn't really say that I was angry or that these guys were out of order when they didn't fight "honorably" I was just telling a little story about my day. Jeeeeeez.

eduardolee
    Casual
    Casual

Post by eduardolee on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:26 am

hey man,i think i may have invaded you lol i remember fighting a sunbro while the host was just waiting and i was like "What the f***"?i thought the host was just trolling me,thats why i went head on.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:28 am

Was the host dragonhead but wearing armor on the body? Possibly using a server? big grin

eduardolee
    Casual
    Casual

Post by eduardolee on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:35 am

Knight Alundil wrote:Was the host dragonhead but wearing armor on the body? Possibly using a server? big grin

Dragon head? :| maybe it was someone else.....you both were by the shiva place?
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:36 am

Yah, but if the host didn't have dragon head then im afraid it wasnt me sad

eduardolee
    Casual
    Casual

Post by eduardolee on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:41 am

Knight Alundil wrote:Yah, but if the host didn't have dragon head then im afraid it wasnt me sad

I cant really remember because ive been doing pvp all day,but i find hard to believe that anyone else would be doing the exact same thing as you.
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:45 am

Forest may be a no-rules zone and hosts might set up traps. But really? If the hosts gives you the chance to fight fairly, the least you could do is be a little kinder in turn. The basket of apples might be rotten, but some are still fresh, be sure not to let them rot.
    Cause if you don't, next time they won't be so kind...

ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:51 am

Personally I would rather fight and be betrayed a thousand times over before I am mistrustful of someone in this scenario....however thats not to say I wouldnt be prudent.silly

PSN- ViralEnsign_

reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:54 am

Seignar wrote:Forest may be a no-rules zone and hosts might set up traps. But really? If the hosts gives you the chance to fight fairly, the least you could do is be a little kinder in turn. The basket of apples might be rotten, but some are still fresh, be sure not to let them rot.
    See, I disagree with this. I don't go to the forest for 1 vs 1. If the host wants to fight fairly, I feel no need to do the same. I often do, but that shouldn't be expected as the norm.

The norm is chaos. Chaos should be expected. Chaos is why I go there. Anything less than chaos makes things worse.

Also, as an invader, it is impossible to know what the host is trying to do. There are so many ways hosts trick you, set up various traps, jump you, etc. Even if a host slaps on a Fog Ring, the first thing I'm thinking of is a sneaky BS.

This is why many of us go to the forest. No subjective rules. Chaos. Adrenaline. Strategy. Putting down 3 vs 1. Fighting hard and losing - then seeing reinforcements come in! You want honorable duels? Look elsewhere. You want chaos and insanity, come to the forest.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:49 am

^

Now that doesn't mean honorable hosts don't exist in the forest. Just be aware of what the others are doing if you see the phantom move even an inch toward you, always assume the worst. Pvping in the forest can really help one's gameplay come along in my opinion...sure it can be a painful experience, but the reward can be worth it.

Join us cursed brothers and sisters and regain the lives you once knew: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t10229-those-of-cursed-blood-covenant-looking-for-members#212550

Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:51 am

reim0027 wrote:
    The norm is chaos. Chaos should be expected. Chaos is why I go there. Anything less than chaos makes things worse.

Chaos serveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!!

Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:51 pm

I understand the Chaotic Forest, but if a host is trying to be kind and let you fight 1-on1 or giving you an item, it would "unethical" as a forest hunter to spoil that chance you're being given.

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:08 pm

The Forest is perfect now as it is .
    Its my favorite Place for PVP (both as Host and Vader) ,plus i actually enjoy being at a disadvantage . It makes wining so much more special and awesome and super . big grin
    eduardolee
    Casual
    Casual

Post by eduardolee on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:41 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    Seignar wrote:Forest may be a no-rules zone and hosts might set up traps. But really? If the hosts gives you the chance to fight fairly, the least you could do is be a little kinder in turn. The basket of apples might be rotten, but some are still fresh, be sure not to let them rot.
    See, I disagree with this. I don't go to the forest for 1 vs 1. If the host wants to fight fairly, I feel no need to do the same. I often do, but that shouldn't be expected as the norm.

Also, as an invader, it is impossible to know what the host is trying to do. There are so many ways hosts trick you, set up various traps, jump you, etc. Even if a host slaps on a Fog Ring, the first thing I'm thinking of is a sneaky BS.

This is why many of us go to the forest. No subjective rules. Chaos. Adrenaline. Strategy. Putting down 3 vs 1. Fighting hard and losing - then seeing reinforcements come in! You want honorable duels? Look elsewhere. You want chaos and insanity, come to the forest.

This^ i really dont like to think twice when i go to the forest,thats the worst place to bring honor codes.
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:22 pm

The problem with the hosts in the forest trying to start 1v1 duels or give items is so many of us have been tricked by those same tactics. You see a host, they bow, you bow and suddenly a phantom comes out of nowhere and ohko's you with a bs.

Host drops an item, you pick it up and next think you know you get ohko'd.

Bringing honor into the forest is like putting lipstick on a warthog. Sure it sounds like a good idea and it might make things look a bit better but in the end you'll come back battered, bruised and with a few more holes than when you started.

Also visit the newbie page and don't be afraid to message me if you're new and need some advice. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/New+Player+Help

Duel Wielding Velka's Rapier http://tinyurl.com/73jfhgd
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Yeah,I've seen the item trick so many times that I always throw a TWoP when I see an item after I try to figure my foe's position.

Last time I PvP in forest,I only saw gankers-Bow BS-Glitchers so I had to use dishonorable tactics against them. :/

Will you accept your darkened humanity or be toyed by the Gods?
    I chose the illusion of freedom.
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:43 pm

Oooooooooooooookay i'll say this again. I wasn't trying to "bring honor to the forest". That was just my experience while I did the things I choose to do. Thought people might have found this interesting. I'm still going to continue playing this way, it makes me happy happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:01 pm