Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

PvP tales! - Page 35 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by ResIsBestStat Sat May 11, 2013 9:31 am

reim0027 wrote:Only 400 damage? That's nothing. His Large Club would have done 2-3 times that damage on BS, and, 400+ on a regular hit (buffed with SLB). lol!

The reason why i was at 400 hp is because he got a lucky bs, i have 1600 HP
    CephGabriel
    CephGabriel
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CephGabriel Sat May 11, 2013 10:08 am

Erm... unusual story today...

Invading in the forest, come across a White Phan and the Host, they wave at me, and I bow accordingly. Host steps back and I duel the Phan, killing him with barely any damage taken while the host fires Dark bead at me. I "shrug" at him and he "shrugs" back. Then drops some loot and "points down". I begrudginly pick it up.

20 souls of artorious.. erm.... O_o

I bowed and BC out of there. No way he isn't a hacker so no way I imagined he would have a fair build.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Sun May 12, 2013 3:03 pm

K, so I was getting bored with PvE and decided to do some invasions on my good old SL55, right? I invade this SL181 in Lautrec's armour wielding a MLGS. He's acting rather weird, just spamming the block button. So I attack him. He doesn't really react, so I hit him (and stun him). Okay... So, I wait a couple of seconds, and attack him again. Now he dodges. He runs around some, does what looks like is going to be a running attack, so I swing my weapon and stunlock. He died in 3 hits (kinda quick for a SL181).

Anyway, right away he starts sending me messages:
    "Wtf, I didn't want to fight"
    "Why do you think I wasn't attacking?"
    I tried explaining that I'm an invader, and thus there to kill him.
    "But I bowed, so that means you shouldn't fight me! And your attacks only did 200 damage, so weak!"
    So I explained that a bow only implies a fair duel (not that I actually bowed at him, but whatever). I also explained that I was only SL55.
    "But other people always just fool around until the boss and then leave when I bow!"
    I brought up the invader thing again.
    "Well you're a coward because you used coward moves!"
    All I did was swing my weapon a couple of times. So I told him that.
    "No, you attacked me when I wasn't attacking!"
    Yeah, I'm just gonna ignore him now. This guy obviously has no clue what an invasion is supposed to be.

============================
    Edit:

Couple hours later, still with the same character. For some reason it has become impossible to invade. I'm constantly getting failed invasions. Then I get the message 'Invading another world' and... nothing. This went on for ages. Then every now and then I do get someone, but he just disconnects straight away (although I also got 1 who disconnected the moment he died). But finally I manage to invade someone who doesn't disconnect. There's another Darkwraith there. Obvious trap. I'm not falling for it and keep my distance. Surely, the Darkwraith attacks me. We fight a little, then the host comes around a corner, 1-shot by Dark Beads. I invade again, same person, but alone this time. Again 1-shot by Dark Beads. Invade again, same person, but this time he's alone on a narrow bridge. So I mid-roll through the CSS, mid-roll through the DB, and stab the little *** with my Zwei. Now he pulls out his own Zwei. Very well, we dance around a little, and eventually I manage to get in my hit. Stun. I hit him again. He falls off an edge. I win. 355k souls, the *** was over SL550! That's 10 times my SL.

And now I'm in failed invasions limbo again. *sigh*

Edit 2: Right, so I figured out why my invasions sucked all of the sudden. Someone sent me hatemail, so I tried to open it. Took AGES. I restarted my PS3, and suddenly internet stopped working. But it's okay, I fixed it winking
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon May 13, 2013 10:56 am

Elifia wrote:"But other people always just fool around until the boss and then leave when I bow!"

I want to know what his secret is. This is obviously assuming he's telling the truth, and that's highly unlikely.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon May 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Couple ok stories from recent forest hunting for me (was all at SL 38 with a raw halberd + PW + charcoal resin (much easier to make raw +5 than maxed elemental, and I was impatient). I have havels legs/gauntlets, elite knight armor, gargoyle helm with FAP + Havel's rings for mid roll)

1. Invade into 2 SL 100 gankers. They just finished off the other spirit, so I run to ents intending to just play cliff games near the ladder, instead their host lags behind the other guy so I try to 1v1 their phantom with massive #'s of ents aggro'd. I fared pretty well, nearly winning my encounter though taking some damage (halberd stunned my opponent first) when the host died to the ents ^_^.

2. There were a couple times I invaded + killed the same guy (~SL 50)...largely by coating my raw halberd in charcoal pine resin, blocking the occasional swing with the grass crest shield, and kicking his fishing. 2 kicks then a halberd poke works well. This 3rd time, he had a phantom in full havel's + great sword. I ran to the mushroom parents and used them as a shield. We exchanged some damage and healing, but eventually host strayed a little too close to the mushrooms, who have obnoxiously high damage as most everyone knows. He wasn't at full HP I don't think, or if he was he got himself 1-shotted.

3. I was fighting a SL 100 1 on 1. Kicking his black iron tarkus shield, getting the occasional low dmg poke. He hit me a few times while I was blocking, doing 4 damage. Then, he promptly stopped fighting and jumped off the cliff. I then got hate mail accusing me of being a hacker...pretty ridiculous considering how much I hate cheaters. We had some back and forth where I told him I was blocking, and he didn't believe me until I said my shield blocks 95%. He asked: "95% of what?". "Physical damage". "Oh...." #lolawkward
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon May 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Forest, why u full of these peeps?
    I just wanted a place to pvp, not a place with turtles and bs fishers
    Note: Burg and Township were dead when i was pvping
    A Fierce Plankton
    A Fierce Plankton
    Casual
    Casual

Post by A Fierce Plankton Mon May 13, 2013 10:13 pm

I was pvping in the forest ( bad idead, I don't have much experince or skill in pvp) when I invade a guy with a sunbro and a darkmoon dancing around a ton of dropped loot on the ground. I suspiciously proceded to check it out. First bag: 99 blue titanite chunks. Second: 99 white titanite slabs. There were 99 pieces of every upgrade material there. I, of course, Shrug , then Prostration since I'm an educated darkwraith and black crytalled out.
    One advantage of playing a hacker infested game.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Tue May 14, 2013 12:44 am

actually they probably used a mule file. not technically hacking since all it is is a save file thats not neccesarily edited.

EDIT: on a side not just got invaded by 3 people all max level in the forest.... was not fun managed to kill one but the other was spamming WoG and i ran out of stamina the other was just slicing away with his falcion while i was dodging WoG central and hit me a couple times. i know what level they were because i messaged and asked after >.<
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:22 am

Decided to have my first go at the township but not to PVP.I have a fat character and dressed him up in Chester's clothes with a cane(Logan's catalyst) and pranced around town.After a few invasions where I simply ran away from the invaders while they did what tryhards do and try to kill an unarmed man,I decided to dark bead one of them in the face,he black crystalled and told me I'm bad at the game.
    I then countered with a roleplayed rant about ruffians like him attacking the nobility(me) in the street and that the world was going to hell.That confused the hell out of him,think I'll keep going with the roleplay responses any time I get hate mail.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:58 pm

I have another tale.
    I invaded in the forest once more to see the usual backstab fisher packing dark bead.I then ran away and he gave chase.I led him around the whole forest 4 times and went down the ladder by the bridge.He followed and I simply got back on and he tried to climb up.I kept kicking him in the face until he fell off and smacked the ground.What followed was 20 minutes of the exact same thing,he was furious and I finally slipped up and he got by.I then led him on another few trips of the forest,stopping at the mushrooms.He tried every spell he could to kill me eventually having nothing but his estoc and charged in.He healed so many times from mushroom punches.Then I trapped him behind a rock and he was laid out by a mushroom punch.He was so mad he dashboarded.
    Lmaousine
    Lmaousine
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Lmaousine Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:55 pm

I was invaded in Oolacile Township, this guy had TWoP, Pursuers and WotG, needless to say,I was demolished.
    tonberryking01
    tonberryking01
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tonberryking01 Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:04 pm

Twice I dueled this guy that rushed me as I was bowing and bled me with the gold tracer. The first time I was quickly killed. The second time, I managed to roll away when my bow ended. I had barely a sliver of health, but I managed to dodge every one of his attacks and quickly backstabbed him into the ground. Felt very good after that first duel, and then I didn't see him again. biggrin
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:12 pm

I was invaded by a dude with only weapon skull lantern
    Not wanting to ruin a joke I quickly took my channeler trident and we danced together till i pushed him off a cliff with wotg
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:15 pm

I spawn in the forest on the stairs, make my way down enough to see I have time to cast DMB... I see host is a dragon with an item in front of him. He points down (I'm SSSOOOOOO not the guy to try this on...) I hit him with a DMB-buffed claymore running R1 and and follow with a BS. He died and of course, I picked up the item. big grin Made me think of this...

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:16 am

Sorry for double posting, but that post kinda needed to be by itself.

I invade by the Solaire bonfire as a blue in Anor Londo. Immediately I see two phantoms at the other end of the hallway; it looks like they just finished off the silver knight by the stairs. I employ a highly advanced tactic I call "staying still and hoping they don't realize I'm here" so I'm not forced into a 3v1 with little hope of escape or NPC help. Doesn't work; I cast HCSM and grass, the sunbro comes to the front of the stairs and bows. Pardon me? You're obviously not ganking, but you're about to 3v1 me -- bowing is not necessary and rather inappropriate. It isn't recommended either -- I walk forward and send a CSS behind the HCSM. It's now 2v1 big grin I recast HCSM, the host uses a pillar to shield himself and the white comes-at-me-bro with his large club. I rack up 2k in damage with soul magic (I think he dodged all or most of the HCSMs, but ate a CSS) and R1 spam with the MLGS. I thought I could out-damage the estus spam -- I was wrong. Well played, sirs -- I should say sir; the white couldn't have planned for that... he just got rekt and lucky.

The white retreats and I turn to the host with another HCSM, he plays hide and seek again so I run up the stairs no wanting to get myself BSed with the two on opposite sides of me now... I top off and prepare to set up a trap with the silvers when I see the host is summoning again -- well played, again. But, I'm not concerned. When the three of them arrive to Siegmeyer, a sunbro pops through the door and engages the silver knight -- it's the same guy! It's only fitting he should die the same way, right? Again it's 2v1, but I've got plenty of help and options this time. The white had showed himself, but backed up when he saw the sunbro get melted. I tried to press the issue, but the silver knight fell and the white retreated. However, I was still locked and he was standing close to the wall... big grin I 2-hand my MLGS and smack him through the wall. But, survived! sad So close too, I bet he had like 20 HP left... DAMN! I consider that a minor tragedy -- that would have been pefect! I then somehow got myself BSed and had to retreat, they somehow aggro'd one of the silver knights and I was able to use the help to kill the white once and for all. The host however, was able to dodge my R2s and evade the silver knight and somehow escape with a sliver of health left back to the roof. I'm desperately trying to poke him with my rapier now and the chip damage isn't quit enough. Unfortunately, I got a little carried away the host parried me, rolled away and came back and got a BS (I found that particularly frustrating considering I recently missed a riposte, because I got stunned by the swing I parried twistedevil ).

Then he bolted down the stairs retracing his steps. He knows I'm mid-rolling and can't keep up. If he can summon someone before I get there he'll be ok. He runs as fast as he can down the stairs through the bedroom out to the hall, down the other staircase and into the bonfire room. He sprints through the door and immediately he sees a summon sign near the bonfire and heads straight for it never pausing. Ah, home fr--uggghhhhh...

I like to think the last thing to go through his mind was; 'how the hell did that guy mid-rolling in all that armor chase me down?' However, I know that last thing to go through his back was my MLGS. cool For those keeping score at home... I went down the stairs on the opposite side that the archer guards. Well part way down... I jumped the railing and landed a few steps from the bonfire room door. I had enough time to top off my health and start to get impatient waiting. I fully intended to jump him, but never thought he'd sprint right by me without seeing me and get 1-shot BSed. lol! It reminded me of this at 1:11.

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:45 am

I've been using a build modeled after a Roman Centurion:

http://mmdks.com/2ovy

Anyways, so I invaded I guy wearing virtually nothing. I think he had the hollow soldier waistcloth and the fang boar helm on. I beat him rather easily and used a whip R2 to symbolize enslaving him (read up on Roman history if you don't get it), and he messages me:

"dude you are *** really using a spear you suck"

I messaged back, in a cosplay type way:

"Nay you heathen. Kneel before the might of Rome and it's glory!"

He said:

"wow you are really *** pretending talking like your in the middle ages"

It ended up being a long going thing of him calling me ***, and I spouting Roman jargon at him until he got pissed and blocked me. People tend to get really mad when I kill them with this. I think it's the whip R2 laughing
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:45 am

SadPanda wrote:I've been using a build modeled after a Roman Centurion:

http://mmdks.com/2ovy

Anyways, so I invaded I guy wearing virtually nothing. I think he had the hollow soldier waistcloth and the fang boar helm on. I beat him rather easily and used a whip R2 to symbolize enslaving him (read up on Roman history if you don't get it), and he messages me:

"dude you are *** really using a spear you suck"

I messaged back, in a cosplay type way:

"Nay you heathen. Kneel before the might of Rome and it's glory!"

He said:

"wow you are really *** pretending talking like your in the middle ages"

It ended up being a long going thing of him calling me ***, and I spouting Roman jargon at him until he got pissed and blocked me. People tend to get really mad when I kill them with this. I think it's the whip R2 laughing
    The ***'s are a synonym to homosexual.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Waahahah! So I'm busy farming for Kirks Barbed Sword in the depths. When I say farming I mean creating a new toon, master key and defeat only the one demon for the key to the depths and then running past the butcher, giant rat and down the slope, unlock the backdoor to the bonfire,rest, go human and back down to find Kirk. If the drop isnt the BSS then rinse and repeat.

I finally managed to get the sword back to the bonfire with all my souls - 20k worth and level up to 10 for the upcoming tourney. As I'm past the Butcher almost out the depths I get invaded... Sackbro, wearing oswalds set and priscillas dagger. Clearly I'm out matched so I drop all my armour and weapons and have a naked fist fight. He doesn't do the same but just stands there trying to riposte. As soon as I'm punching the snot out of him I Roll BS him twice in a row and he loses it, swinging the dagger till his stamina clears. I manage to get in one more BS with my fists and he finishes me off. But I was wetting myself with laughter. This chap musta thought he was gonna toy with me and I dished out some pain.. Mr T style pain! lol!
    Wish I had that recorded or could have seen his face! lol!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:23 am

Turn the sound on. big grin
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:36 am

Oh my God.

My sides.

+1
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 am

Lol! Sent where do you find these things! lol!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:02 am

Internetz.
    This guy has YT channel full of funny stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/yukaslegion2/videos
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:49 pm

my god... i never expected this thread to blow up to 58 pages and rising. glad i made it lol
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:28 am

Well after what felt like a year of no Darks Souls, or no PvP at least, I put my RSS down in undead burg and got summoned.  Host was in full giants two handing a gold tracer with another red phantom who in one match switched between like 10 different weapons, managed to use multiple consumables at once, spammed dark magic, and added in some ninja flipping on top of that.  I killed the phantom and then the host killed me at the end.

Good to know people still try hard. rolling eyes
    OminousSquaffle
    OminousSquaffle
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OminousSquaffle Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:37 am

This is far from my best PvP tale but it's my most recent. Just happened about five minutes ago :3

I was doing some Arena matches (getting them every 5-ish minutes too, insanely fast amirite?) and I encounter a guy with full Ornstein's (minus the helm) a zweihander and a black knight shield. 

My build was a poke-heavy dex/pyro, and I can toggle escape.

See where this is going?

Anyway, first match I trounced him. I'm not THAT great, he was just god-awful...like, he was spamming the jump attack with the Zweihander kind of awful. I think the final tally was like 6-to-0. I was switching weapons constantly the entire fight (after I realized how bad he was, I pretty much spent the whole time toying with him) and afterwards he sends me this message.

"nice hacks but stupid for using them on xbox ambasador...any idiot knows u only have 2 equipment slots a hand jackass"

YES, REALLY.

After I very calmly explained to him that I was menu switching and that you can't "hack in" extra equipment slots, he sends me this...

"nice try idot but yes you can. so u can hack points but not slots? idiot"

I politely suggested he google it if he didn't believe me and didn't get a reply back. A few minutes later we got matched up again and he started backstab fishing with the hornet ring and finishing up with WoTG spam. After he got me twice I became moderately irked (re: legit pissed) and started Flamberge running R1/R2 combo-ing the crap out of him and, after he got me to red tearstone range, he started eating chaos fireballs to the face. He didn't seem to know where the B button was, let alone what its purpose was. I even got lucky and predictive parried him once ^_^ which with my crappy connection is a miracle.

Afterwards he sends me this...

"oh my *** AND blue bearstone spam??!? garbage i feel bad for u"

"blue bearstone spam??!?"

---> "blue bearstone" <----

Looking at his achievements, I found that...if you saw this coming, feel VERY smart...he hadn't even rung the second bell yet. Now add WoTG/Ornstein gear/the fact that he's in the DLC at all and his achievements say he hasn't even gotten to Blighttown yet...

^_^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 am