PvP tales!

WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: PvP tales!

Post by WandererReece on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:28 pm

xsomax wrote:lol. yeah forest PvP is about outwitting your opponent, rather than taking them on in fair combat. i'd say reece wins in that regard XD
    Actually, I heard about this build from someone else.

1) Also, I had a cool battle in the Painted World. I invade some guy, and him and another red phantom gank me. This happened twice. Then the third time his friend is not there yet. I charge at him as fast as I can. Then his friend shows up and it is once again 2v1.

Then he summons a second red phantom! Apparently he didn't get the memo, or he took pitty on me. He allies with me against the host's team, so it is now 2v2. Then my ally dies and I quickly kill the other red phantom, which makes it 1v1!

Me and the host heal. Then we fight and I finaly kill him! Third time is the charm.

2) Then I invaded someone else. I run past the fire and get shot at by someone. I get closer and see the host and a white phantom above the doorway. I run underneath them and cast sunlight blade. Then a second white phantom chain backstabs me. Apparently the archers were a distraction. Well done gankers, well done.

3) I invade another person. I see her above the doorway and she points to my right. I turn and there was a white phantom. We bow and fight. He healed himself once, but I kill him.

Then the host comes down, bows, and drops a humanity. I healed myself and bowed. Then we fight, and I kill her.

Addicted

Post by xSomax on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:15 am

wow. a host dropped a heal for you? thats quite respectable. then theres the fact the host didn't interfere. those are the guys i like to fight! i'm okay with a fair loss, but if you are as cheap as it gets, then i kick it into overdrive. i even try to fight in the same way as the host when applicable. if they 2-hand, i 2 hand. sword and board? okay. magic/pyromancy/miracles? lets do this. i find its funner that way. if you've watched an anime called gurren lagann, you'll know what i'm talking about. defeating someone with overwhelming odds is easy. to really win, you must beat them at their own game!

Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:46 am

I had a strange battle in the forest. I dropped in and another phantom did soon after, then the hosts phantom immediately died. When I found the host the friendly dark spirit used the dragon head glitch or something similar to continually spam the dragon torso stone. The host got continually staggered and the dark spirit pushed the host through half way the level and eventually off a cliff. Both me and the other dark spirit then ran off the edge.
    One of the strangest yet most awesome fights I have ever seen.
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:28 am

Avenger649 wrote:When I found the host the friendly dark spirit used the dragon head glitch or something similar to continually spam the dragon torso stone.
    I hate torso glitchers. I hate them more then BB people.

1) Also once I invaded someone in the Painted World. I'm lvl 120. She was wearing the knight outfit. After hitting her 3 times with an unbuffed shotel +15 she is almost dead and has to heal. After healing she backstabs me and only takes about an 1/8 of my health. I realize I'm overpowered compared to her, so I let her heal whenever she needs to. Then I somewhat accidently kill her. I wanted to ask her what her soul level was, but she was Japanese. I checked her trophies, and she had platnum.

Most people I invade take more then 3 hits with a buffed shotel to kill. Also they usually take about half my health with a backstab. I think she may have been below my character's level.

2) Once I invaded someone in the Dukes Archives. I see him, and we bow. Then his white phantom comes out of the corner. They both come after me. During the fight the host healed. Then I healed later. Once I got cornered in a corner and the host spams WoG. The first one hit, but I dodged the others. I eventually defeated the host. It was my first 1v2 victory.cheers

3) Once I invaded a havel with a black knight straight sword. He hit me with a 2 handed R2, and it threw my character into the air! It was cool. Then I killed him, even though he healed repeatedly during the fight.

4) This one surprised me more then getting thrown into the air. I actaully killed a host in about 5 sec! It was 1v1, and we both bowed at the beginning. The host was wearing havel's armor, but with the painted guardian shirt, and a grass shield on the back. I used a uchigatana +15 with sunlight blade. I felt kinda bad.

Addicted

Post by xSomax on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:58 pm

wow, those are quite the feats reece. no doubt you are exceptional at PvP lol

lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:08 am

i was invading in the burg with my dragon/pyro build and i was summoned by someone with dragon heads the phantom used the knife thingy but he missed and i was able to escape having the host chasing me with a katana i managed to bc out.
    second time i got summoned by them he buffed it with SB and the phantom was close so i ran i ran to where the humanity in the first part is and while i was bcing out the host charged at me with a running attack he was about 2 inches from me with the tip of his sword luckely i got out right before i got hit.
    lets just say i stoped puting my red sign down for a while

WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:39 am

lonewolf wrote:I was invading in the burg with my dragon/pyro build, and I was summoned by someone with dragon heads. The phantom used the knife thingy but he missed, and I was able to escape having the host chasing me with a katana. I managed to bc out.
    Lets just say I stoped puting my red sign down for a while.

I hate people who gank on red sign people, and I hate glitch users.

xsomax wrote:Wow, those are quite the feats reece. No doubt you are exceptional at PvP lol

Yea, I did some research, number crunching, and played with the character planner trying to make the ultimate build. I killed about 40 people already.twisted

Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:55 pm

lonewolf wrote:i was invading in the burg with my dragon/pyro build and i was summoned by someone with dragon heads the phantom used the knife thingy but he missed and i was able to escape having the host chasing me with a katana i managed to bc out.
    second time i got summoned by them he buffed it with SB and the phantom was close so i ran i ran to where the humanity in the first part is and while i was bcing out the host charged at me with a running attack he was about 2 inches from me with the tip of his sword luckely i got out right before i got hit.
    lets just say i stoped puting my red sign down for a while

That's shocking dude, I'm really surprised when I get ganked or glitched in the burg. I usually find it's a great place to PvP if I'm after duels, I host in the burg sometimes too and people usually get whats going on and don't attack anyone till the current duel is over. Pretty cool to be able to stand next to a red phantom watching a fight without fear of getting bs.

Saying that I have had 3 phantoms turn on me all at once and completely own me before lol!
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:21 am

I have another gank story from the burg after patch, I got summoned and there was two guys in almost full giant armor you know those that flip aroun and so well I ran and got chased I climbed up where I usualy bc out in a gank, the phantom wass on the lader so I decided to try to roar him down, it didn't work and the host cast a sunlight spear at me but I managed to evade it after some time I managed to kill the phantom with a hornet parry and I went for the host but he got me with that dammn katana

Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:24 am

Invaded a guy in the burg who was hosting duels. So me and another invader started duelling. I use toxic mist and guess what? I poison the host who, apparently doesn't seem to have anything to heal or remove the effect with. So while me and the invader are fighting, the host dies. Look Skyward

ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:25 am

I still have yet to get the patch but my story is about the BKGS two hand R2 and how i flipped a healing vader about 7 times in a single match. he just kept falling for the turn away R2 and alway went for the BS.....then I lock on and auto aim it.....

There has to be a DKS in the air record.

PSN- ViralEnsign_

[[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:18 am

yeah, burg PvP is usually really respectable. theres the occassional glitcher, ganker, or just plain OP ***, who seems to be so full of himself that he thinks a sunlight bladed zwei to the back of a spawning phantom actual counts as a win.

as for the air time thing, thats hilarious. i think i'd win in that though, what with that corpse i sent flying to FL shrine.

anywho, heres a new one.

I was Co-oping in the bell gargoyle area (i know, lemme finish) as a somewhat new sunbro. the host also happened to be wearing solaire's armor, which i thought was funny. anywho, as we got towards the bell gargoyle's ladders, an invader spawned in. rather than fighting us, we all just started screwing around for the next 15 minutes at the bottom of the ladders leading to the fog gate, throwing prism stones, having fist fights, running in circles, ETC. this confused the hell outta me after the fact lol.

joemann
    Casual
    Casual

Post by joemann on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:35 pm

I've only been playing Dark Souls since it came out for the PC (I do not own an X-box or a PS3). I've created several characters and with each one I am trying out different things.

This past weekend I created a bandit and am going total melee with him (no sorceries, no pyromancies, no miracles). Well, I decided that I'm going to join the Darkwraiths, and so I head over to Darkroot to pay Sif a visit. I'm in human form and just as I pull the first knight guy (the nearly invisible one) I get invaded.

I'm at the foot of the steps leading into the area and the red phantom spawns at the top. So I turn around and rush at me and take a swing. He just falls off the side of them (the non-cliff side) and backs off.

At this point the knight guy is kicking my butt and I'm still concerned about the red phantom and my health is low. So I back up the steps hoping to draw the knight guy out of the area forgetting about teh fog wall, I go to flask and the knight guy kills me.

The red phantom comes up, does a shrug, and grabs his reward. It was at this point I realized the invader was going to let me finish with the NPC before engaging me. I also believe he may have even let me regain my health before the fight all things considered.

I will admit that I am a complete noob to PVP. Heck, I'm still learning the PVE stuff!
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Idk why i never mentioned this earlier, but i remembered it as i told it to Lonewolf while we were having some fun in the forest.

I was invading two gankers. And well, i'll skip to the fun part. I kill the phantom and then nearly finish off the host. He has about 10 hp left, so for some reason i'm like ''f*ck i'm going naked!''. So i remove the armor and well, my whole equipment really. And backstab him to death. lol
    Maybe it's just me, but i found it to be real funny. Best part is, he sent me loads of hate msgs.

Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:50 pm

It was much better in the forest for me. I had a three man gank squad chase me to where all the ents are. I got the host down to about 50% of his health with the help of an ent (I killed one of the phantoms, not sure where the other was) so the host shrugged and then bowed. Unfortunately the ent did 400 damage a hit and since he had full giants he could not escape the gesture. He died while taunting me with a bow.
    So satisfying.

Ents are the annoying tree men with the whip like arms.
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:55 pm

Avenger649 wrote:It was much better in the forest for me. I had a three man gank squad chase me to where all the ents are. I got the host down to about 50% of his health with the help of an ent (I killed one of the phantoms, not sure where the other was) so the host shrugged and then bowed. Unfortunately the ent did 400 damage a hit and since he had full giants he could not escape the gesture. He died while taunting me with a bow.
    So satisfying.

Ents are the annoying tree men with the whip like arms.

So basically, if you're interested in dendrophilical sadomasichism, that's the kind of thing for you.

WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:01 pm

I invaded a guy in the painted world. I try to find him, when he suddenly tries to fall on top of me on the stairs near the first tower! Tried, but failed. He was wearing full giants and Havel's shield.

I run down the stairs and around the corner. He was moving slower then me. When I'm about on top of the first door I cast Sunlight Blade on my shotel. Then he catches up, and we fight.

He healed himself twice during the fight. Then he gets the insane idea to repeatedly mid roll into the wall while I beat the crap out of him! Needless to say I killed him. I think he missed his DWGR. (This is the second day I had patch 1.06)

Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Razielthemanslayer on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Yesterday I invaded the forest, I found a red phantom, since red phantoms are jerks in the forest I faced at him and he bowed, I bowed to him, then I rushed to the host who bowed, in my innocence, I reciprocated the bow just to be backstabbed by the dark spirit, I put up a fight to them but lost in the end.

Then I invaded these guys again, and I charged at the red phantom with no qualms, I destroyed him, then went for the host who got desperate, although a cheater he was good at it so He almost got me until I cut off his head with my great scythe, then pointed down at the bastard to teach him some manners!

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:47 pm

Razielthemanslayer wrote:Yesterday I invaded the forest, I found a red phantom, since red phantoms are jerks in the forest I faced at him and he bowed, I bowed to him, then I rushed to the host who bowed, in my innocence, I reciprocated the bow just to be backstabbed by the dark spirit, I put up a fight to them but lost in the end.

Then I invaded these guys again, and I charged at the red phantom with no qualms, I destroyed him, then went for the host who got desperate, although a cheater he was good at it so He almost got me until I cut off his head with my great scythe, then pointed down at the bastard to teach him some manners!
    As a Red Phantom in the forest I find this post Offensive!

Nah, just kidding, GO GET EM RAZIEL!!!

PSN ID: Fatal-Impulse101

Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Razielthemanslayer on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Noob-of-Artorias wrote:
    Razielthemanslayer wrote:Yesterday I invaded the forest, I found a red phantom, since red phantoms are jerks in the forest I faced at him and he bowed, I bowed to him, then I rushed to the host who bowed, in my innocence, I reciprocated the bow just to be backstabbed by the dark spirit, I put up a fight to them but lost in the end.

As a Red Phantom in the forest I find this post Offensive!

Nah, just kidding, GO GET EM RAZIEL!!!

Thank you Brethren, I am looking forward to harnessing my inner darkwraith though!

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:47 pm

The Savage garden is a tough place not for those who expect a clean fight but since I know you tart if you ever need s coop partner let me known

Customer Satisfaction RateThe first thousand customers
    Affiliation: The Far East Trainers-Forest Hunter Trainer http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t12291-far-east-trainers
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Oh, good to hear, appreciate the offer. big grin

I always enjoy a fellow partner in my quests towards saving the flame/breaking down the sinners(not necessarily as a darkmoon, but y'know, killing invaders in a well mannered way).

Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:46 am

Big wall of text below. Enter at your own risk.
    Spoiler:
    Once upon a time, there were to boys who fought a childish duel with wooden swords. This here became part of a famous painting known as the Painted World of Ariamis. Either way, the boys decided, that after the jolly good duels they would go for some hunting, in hopes to defeat their father and mother in their own little imaginary world. What they found was this other child who the gender was hard to tell, hidden behind a golden armor with thine sword brought through out history embued with magic, they stood there, with no fear. They decided that an honorable 1v1 duel would be in place and so...

And for you guys to understand this whole thing more easily:

Me and lonewolf duelled in PWoA, then went for some jolly co-oped pvp in the forest(none ganking). And we faced another player clad in the Paladin armor. My memory failed me and thus i asked for lonewolf to explain it, so here is thine quote:

lonewolf wrote:i did 750 each hit he bs fished and tried to stunlock and you did 900 or so damage with each bs

This means the guy was bs fishing all the time, to no end. And while stunlocking isn't exactly easy with the patch, he tried, so yeah. Lol.

Anyway, he kept going for the bs and nothing else, but it didn't bother me, so i kept on fighting him, but after getting in so many hits i realized the hp he would have. Both me and wolf noticed this, and so, we felt the need to end it, and went for bs but with ordinary fighting at the side of it, none chain bs though, as we still have standards.

Either way, reading wolfs quote you could understand that after about 5 bs he was still alive, he must've modded the hp, as even with the mother mask, and 99 vit you can't get close to 5000 hp. Well, either way, the guy tried to run away, but an bs ended it. :|

Yesh.

Edit: By god i did not expect it to be that long! Apology for the long wall of text. Look Skyward

xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:02 am

walls of text are perfectly acceptable here. this is an area for tales after all. anywho, that is indeed some strange stuff with the health. i hate it when people can't just play fair, and win like everyone else manages too. if you have to cheat, or resort to under-handed trickery to win, its not a win.

on that note, i got invaded in the royal garden, just before artorias' gate, while trying to get summoned. i decided to hide in the alcove going to the gate, close to a wall. i used fire tempest, and without realizing it, the phantom walked straight into 4 pillars of fire, dying instantly. i realize this is under-handed trickery of a sort, but in my defense, i wasn't looking for any PvP at that time. rather i was just trying to see artorias' fight before doing it myself.rather fun fight if you ask me. anywho, he hit 1 pillar that appeared just in front of me(just in time too) which caused him to fly backward into a set of 3 that spawned almost on top of eachother. i got really lucky lol

WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:04 pm

I invaded in Lost Izalith. When I appeared I got the Rite of Kindling message. I heard tales of invaders getting it in the Catacombs, but not Lost Izalith.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:00 pm