PvP tales!

CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: PvP tales!

Post by CaptanSpudsy on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:53 pm

I was messing about in the arena for the first time and I get matched up with this person who was doing something pretty similar to a Ciaran cosplay. After dying the first engagement (forgot to switch to my PvP gear) I respawned and immediately parried him. His health must have been low as he died in a single riposte. Long story short, I got about 6-7 parries in this match only dying 3 times. I don't know what was going on with me but beast mode must've been engaged.

Spudsy

Random Quotes Collection:
    cloudyeki wrote:Seath:I can live entirely on a diet of crayons and lighter fluid!

eminusx wrote:The Sons of IRS
    'weve come to tax your souuuuuuuuuuuul!!!'

ViralEnsign wrote:I will have rolls in DKS II ! I WILL NOT BE DENIED!
    lalliman wrote:
    Ashran wrote:I wonder if anyone had a wet dream with Gwynevere...
    ^ I wonder if anyone hasn't.
    Uhhm, i mean, uhm, i mean had. I, i didn't .___.

BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:37 am

A few minutes ago, I was invading at the Kiln. By now, it's well known that the new DLC sorceries are very overpowered. So, I invaded a guy who by the looks of it was a DLC sorcery user, wearing a Bloated Sorcerer Head and using a Logan's catalyst in the right hand. I thought: "Okay, I've been fighting a lot of these guys. It'll be fine." We bow and the fight begins. He casts Dark Bead and it hits me a little so I'm down about 20% of my HP. So now I start getting worried. He hits me dead on because I messed up and I'm down another 70%. Left with 10%, I start doing some of the best dodging I've ever done. His Dark Beads and Pursuers keep missing me. I know he's sweating by the time he pulls out [insert weak off-hand weapon here]. I go in for the kill and find that he literally has 600 HP! I knew that the new sorceries were OP, but this is the first guy I've run into that actually made a build (at ~SL100) designed entirely to exploit that by investing almost entirely in INT. BTW I was Darkmoon invading at ~SL140.

:pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:26 pm

I invaded some guy in the Kiln. After I appeared, he droped something on the ground. I walk towards him to pick it up. Then I am hit by something. I have no idea what it was.

He didn't move. He didn't have a ranged weapon equiped. There were no visible projectiles. All I know was I took multiple hits that stagered me, and I had 56 poise. The host didn't appear to hit me.

If I didn't know better, then I would say I was was hit by invisible spikes. This was on PS3.

Perhaps an invisible phantom hit me with an Avelyn?

Revived

Post by The Letter X on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:46 pm

I was helping someone through Oolacile Township. It was either their first time or one of their first times because Marvelous Chester invaded and the shortcut was not in operation. So we make our way through the level, slightly slowly to both mine and the host's delight it seemed. We stopped at every turn and corner when the host wanted to slow down (I didn't want to just zerg the level. I wanted him to e perience it to the fullest.) We eventually make it to the Chasm of the Abyss, and we progress through it slowly and I was sure to show him every little item and secret in the place. The host eventually summons another phantom, so we start making our merry way to get Manus. To my dismay, I am separated from the host and phantom. And to make matters worse, a message pops up saying we were being invaded. I will not share the invader's name, but let's just say I recognized it and knew that was one of the last people I'd want my fairly newby host to meet, even with another phantom. I ran to boss fog as fast as I can, and u cringed when I saw the phantom's name in the screen knowing he was put to death by the invader. I knew I was running out if time, but I managed to get to the overlook before the boss fog and I could hear the sounds of swords clashing on shields.f I made the clutch decision to take a running jump off if the cliff, and could not believe what happened before my eyes. I was en route to land directly on top of the invader's head, so I press RB for the most incredible plunging attack if my Dark Souls career. I slowly rose from atop the dead invader to see my host jumping for joy. We proceed to kill Manus, and I receive a message from the host.

"Thanks dude! I lost all hope but you came back to save me! It was like a movie!"
    "All in a day's work." 8)

Post by zasmyenok on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:30 pm

Awesome thread guys!

As for me, I recently got invaded in Chasm of the Abyss - got backstabbed mid-ninja flip. Kinda confused on that one... Lag?

The most humorous one happened when I got invaded in Anor Londo. I was at the Darkmoon bonfire and the invader moved the bridge. I waited a few and then moved the bridge back. Suddenly I hear the death sound and get a bunch of souls. I think the guy fell while the bridge was rotating!

Another funny one was being invaded in Archives before 2nd bonfire. The invader started breaking all the tables, so I started to break tables too, thinking he wanted to clear space for a duel. After we were done with that, I stood in front of him, ready to fight. He just stood there, so I did the shrug gesture, he gestured back but didn't attack. So I started running around in circles doing that weird 2hand weapon wiggle thing, he did too. This went on for a while, wasn't sure what to do. I ended up one-shotting him with CSS. I felt bad, but I had no idea what was going on there!

Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Did a couple of invasions in the Oolacile Township earlier today/yesterday.

And i noticed something. There's a damn lot of turtles. :|

Anywho, i was invading a guy. And as i invaded, i saw the guy running towards me from the stairs below, with his shield up. He kept on turtling, while trying to summon someone. All of a sudden, when he is about to use magic, three bloatheads appear, and just gank him. While he's using his sorceries, i just use them as meatshields. So he keeps turtling once in a while when i attack, while trying to kill me and the bloatheads. So i pretty much have enough, and decide to just end it. Luckily the bloatheads helped me out and cornered him, so i snuck in an bs. big grin

ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:26 am

Well I finally made my Gentleman build, wearing Chesters set with a Massive Sword! Looks BadAss!

Anywho I have a **** ton of fun in the free for all arenas! They are epic. I have yet to win one fight but.....MAN by in large Im always coming in second!

So I get in a fourway slugging match between myself, another UGS user, a katana pyro guy, and a long sword WoG user....and boom **** gets real.

I kill the Pyro, the other UGS guy BSes the WoGer, I R2 the WoG guy as he gets up, then get taken down by the UGS master.

It was epic! Plus I looked so classy dying!

PSN- ViralEnsign_

[[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:30 am

So forest hunting with my nearly done artorias cosplay.

I spawn, finding someone with a great scythe ready to backstab me as soon as im all of the way up, So I turn around and parry him, instead of riposting him I just kicked him off the ledge, much funnier. Then I threw a Very good rock where he died.

"You never truly discover the nature of a weapon until you pretend to be it's former master"

lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:13 am

i was invading in oolacile township and i meet this guy in a artorias build, i got 3 backstabs and it was to no avail.

i then got my bleed wepons up and the second the hackersaw that he got desperate and summoned someone to his side, the summon rise up and i run the summon folows me, and in his kill mode he manages to jump off.

i am back at the host and he summons the same guy again and i kill him but only for the host to summon him another time, i kill him again and that made the host recles and starts going rambo on me.

i geet to where chester is and he killed chester and almost me, the host is right begind me as i run on the small stone bridge after the tower the host really wants to kill me becouse he chases me all the way to the mage and gets stuck betwenn me and the sorserer and a bloted head guy.

i kill him by kiking him off and then i do the well thats it gesture.

it felt soo good kiling him.

he then sends me a message saying he has over 10K hp, i just reply with a single word and that is hacker.

Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:19 am

The Letter X wrote:I was helping someone through Oolacile Township. It was either their first time or one of their first times because Marvelous Chester invaded and the shortcut was not in operation. So we make our way through the level, slightly slowly to both mine and the host's delight it seemed. We stopped at every turn and corner when the host wanted to slow down (I didn't want to just zerg the level. I wanted him to e perience it to the fullest.) We eventually make it to the Chasm of the Abyss, and we progress through it slowly and I was sure to show him every little item and secret in the place. The host eventually summons another phantom, so we start making our merry way to get Manus. To my dismay, I am separated from the host and phantom. And to make matters worse, a message pops up saying we were being invaded. I will not share the invader's name, but let's just say I recognized it and knew that was one of the last people I'd want my fairly newby host to meet, even with another phantom. I ran to boss fog as fast as I can, and u cringed when I saw the phantom's name in the screen knowing he was put to death by the invader. I knew I was running out if time, but I managed to get to the overlook before the boss fog and I could hear the sounds of swords clashing on shields.f I made the clutch decision to take a running jump off if the cliff, and could not believe what happened before my eyes. I was en route to land directly on top of the invader's head, so I press RB for the most incredible plunging attack if my Dark Souls career. I slowly rose from atop the dead invader to see my host jumping for joy. We proceed to kill Manus, and I receive a message from the host.

"Thanks dude! I lost all hope but you came back to save me! It was like a movie!"
    "All in a day's work." 8)

Sucks that there's no video footage of this. Would have loved to see it live, as it were. Well done! big grin
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:54 am

[/quote]
    Sucks that there's no video footage of this. Would have loved to see it live, as it were. Well done! big grin[/quote]

The sad part is there have been many more times besides this one that was worthy of recording. It's making me want to start recording within the next couple of months.

Addicted

Post by xSomax on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:17 am

wow great stories all! remember, this is an area for tales, feel free to go into as much detail as you'd like.

Anywho, i was invading in the burg, as usual(post-DLC) and i invade a guy dual wielding. he is actually fairly good, using the tracers from the DLC, and a couple other weapons i can't remember. so i stop using my shield, and just start dodging, 2-handing my iaito. neither of us use any magic aside from buffing, no backstabs, just a straight up sword fight. it was really close, but in the end i won.

anywho, you can kill hackers by using a bleed weapon? thats good to know

Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:57 am

xSomax wrote:wow great stories all! remember, this is an area for tales, feel free to go into as much detail as you'd like.

Anywho, i was invading in the burg, as usual(post-DLC) and i invade a guy dual wielding. he is actually fairly good, using the tracers from the DLC, and a couple other weapons i can't remember. so i stop using my shield, and just start dodging, 2-handing my iaito. neither of us use any magic aside from buffing, no backstabs, just a straight up sword fight. it was really close, but in the end i won.

anywho, you can kill hackers by using a bleed weapon? thats good to know

Depends on the hacker. Some use trainers that prevents their health from ever being lowered through any means, but some just boost their health to obscene levels. The latter can be taken out with Bleed weapons.
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:56 pm

Not much to tell here, but i was invading. And well, the host and i was pretty much just chillin'. But then he summoned a phantom and i went into defensive mode right away, killed him within a couple of seconds. I feel kinda bad about it, but he summoned a phantom. I have no idea what he was planning. Look Skyward

Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:24 pm

First PVP encounter:

Humanity? Cool!

Goes human.

Takes three steps.

Dark Spirit ******* Has Invaded!

Is he getting down on his knees?

*Struck by flame pillar from the ground*

YOU DIED

No f*cking sh*t!

*Turns off console*

Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:53 pm

I am invading in the catacombs at lvl 25. I invade and find the host at the 1st bonfire with his back to the far wall and pursuers hanging over his head. I have already seen this tactic and died from it. But this is Dark Souls, and death is a learning experience. This time I sneak to just inside the room and throw a couple of poison daggers to get his attention and poison him. He comes off the wall towards me and I back out of sight and cast the hidden body spell I now keep ready for just this occasion. As he reaches the ramp up, I two hand my uchi and go to town on him. He doesn't stand a chance... sort of like me the first time.

I hope, like me, he learned something from dying. 8)
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:26 am

I was invading as a darkmoon, when all of a sudden, i'm invading as a red phantom for some reason. I do not realize the flaws of being a red phantom and thus just run to my death because, well, i'm stupid.

When i get back to my world i realize, since i died as a red phantom i gotta pick the **** up. So i run to where i was, looking for it. Nowhere to be found. 99 humanity and 9 million souls.

RAGE.

I invade as a darkmoon again, defeat the host.

18 million souls.

Still miss those humanities, but atleast i got double the souls. Shrug

xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:12 am

wow, nice tart, and everyone else as well

been PvPing for a couple hours now, and i gotta say, burg PvP really sucks now

Gankers are everywhere, most people won't bother to bow and just rush you, some employ down right dirty tactics, even healing at every chance. i miss the days of bowing, wailing on eachother, and whoever wins, won.

or is this just due to it being the AM hours?

Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:14 am

xSomax wrote:wow, nice tart, and everyone else as well

been PvPing for a couple hours now, and i gotta say, burg PvP really sucks now

Gankers are everywhere, most people won't bother to bow and just rush you, some employ down right dirty tactics, even healing at every chance. i miss the days of bowing, wailing on eachother, and whoever wins, won.

or is this just due to it being the AM hours?

Idk what console you're on, but i'm facing the same thing. And i'm on XBL.

There are those few that bow when you invade, but sadly, it's dead...

Prostration

I'm probably forced to the arena.

Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:28 am

yea usually its am hours but i never cared for bowing i invade to trade send em a private chat invite or message and if they ignore they die when invaded you should prepare for death or to kill the invader

Customer Satisfaction RateThe first thousand customers
    Affiliation: The Far East Trainers-Forest Hunter Trainer http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t12291-far-east-trainers
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:53 am

invaded town ship yesterday it was a host and a phantom and i invade to "summoning phantom"

i start the 2v1, land some hits, get a nice set up parry on the phantom, host flasks as expected, the 2nd phantom spawns now it is 3v1.

so i start to run to the first elevator (which they unlocked thankfully) go down the elevator and wait there. the elevator starts to glow telling me they are on their way down when i see "phantom ****** vanquished" im like lol wut? One must have fell off elevator? but i never saw him fall past me? so the other phantom is now alone (host stayed up) i do spam some BFs into his Great shield to break his guard, but end up killing him with it. (not sure how).

at this point i see again "summoning phantom" i take elevator up sprint to the host, who right away starts R1 spamming 1handed claymore at me so i get him with a nice set up parry again. and its over.

**NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:05 pm

Totally forgot. Yesterday i invaded a guy who used black sorceries. So i decided i'd just have him waste 'em all. So i ran around just evading until he ran out. Then i went to the first elevator, get a parry, though he survives. I then roll over the elevator so that he'll fall down to his death. Problem is, he gets a backstab on me. So i'm standing on the upper part of the area, while he's standing in the air, where the elevator usually is. I can see my health going from fulll to empty, then, he falls down to his death. lol

Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:01 pm

Yor stories always entertain tart

Customer Satisfaction RateThe first thousand customers
    Affiliation: The Far East Trainers-Forest Hunter Trainer http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t12291-far-east-trainers
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Glad someone enjoys them as much as i do. happy

PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 pm

So last night I was screwing around with a new dex/int toon I've been
    building. My only other int build uses the MLGS, and I wanted to switch
    it up this time, so I've been carrying around several different dex
    scaling weapons and switching them up regularly to try to decide which
    one I want to ultimately go with. So I got invaded on the Anor Londo
    bridge, and at the time I happened to have both an upgraded Estoc and an
    upgraded Balder Side Sword equipped in my weapon hand, because I'd
    been experimenting. So when my invader started trying to parry my
    attacks with the BSS, I tried to switch up weapons, because maybe he'd
    be a little less effective at parrying Estoc attacks. Well I'm sure I'm
    not the first to realize that these two weapons look almost identical,
    with only a few subtle differences in the hilt. I kind of realized it on
    the fly and started sticking a couple times, then dancing around him
    and switching weapons a few times, like 3 or 4 times in a row, then
    sticking again so he wouldn't know which moveset would be coming at him.
    It actually worked fairly well. While I know this isn't much in the way
    of solid tactics, because it both can still be parried by someone who
    really knows what they're doing and because nobody really wants to carry
    around both of these weapons at once all the time, but it happened to
    work for me on the fly, and I thought it was humorous enough to share.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:05 am