Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
DoughGuy
Codemaste119
Gazoinks
Deathsitexxi
8 posters

Gwyns appearance in the intro

Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Gwyns appearance in the intro Empty Gwyns appearance in the intro

Post by Deathsitexxi Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:52 pm

So I’ve been lore hunting and theory crafting the past week (I’m sure you’re all sick of seeing my posts lol) or so and last night I decided to stare at the intro a more few times. Maybe this has been brought up before…. But when Gywn is pulling back to toss his sunlight spear I took a closer look at his hand. It looks like he’s already hollow, even in the close up of his face he’s looking pretty damn rough… Now when I say hollow I don’t mean insane mode hollow, he’s obviously still got his wits about him.. but before I go adding this to my speculation in my Primordial Serpents thread I wanted to see what you guys thought about it. Are my eyes playing tricks on me? Was this already well known and explained? Either way, what do you guys think that means? As usual thanks for reading and I’ll have more speculation coming soon >=O
    Gazoinks
    Gazoinks

Gwyns appearance in the intro Empty Re: Gwyns appearance in the intro

Post by Gazoinks Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:56 pm

I was actually thinking the same thing last time I saw the intro. He looks pretty haggard in the shot with his knights, too.

For reference: https://i.imgur.com/BHYSl.jpg
    Codemaste119
    Codemaste119
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Codemaste119 Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Hmm, this could be around the time when he split up his soul to give to others. This would give him that rough hollow look although technically since he isn't dead yet he isn't fully hollow. OR.....he was once an undead much like the player and gained strength through the lord soul but possibly never used or gained humanity.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:11 pm

Code, I’ve been speculating what the Primordial Serpents true intenstions are trying to link them to the Lords Souls/Dark Soul and have some theories on Gywn if you’re interested (warning heavy speculation) https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t12367-how-i-see-the-dark-souls-world-spoilers-speculation this is the one where I talk about Gywn a little bit. I’m more than likely going to combine my threads to avoid spamming eventually. As for the soul splitting thing idea, that’s very possible.

Gazoinks, thanks for the reference. And I don’t know why I’m just now noticing just how bad he looks. It’s making me question my ideas on the timeline as I see it now.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:38 pm

When you consider that before the dark soul was split into humanity ( my own theory) everyoe was undead, it makes perfect sense. The battle happens before humanity exists, so everyone is still an undead.
    Gazoinks
    Gazoinks

Post by Gazoinks Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:53 pm

DoughGuy wrote:When you consider that before the dark soul was split into humanity ( my own theory) everyoe was undead, it makes perfect sense. The battle happens before humanity exists, so everyone is still an undead.
    Hm, that would make sense. I haven't read your theory, is that the Pygmy purposely split the Dark Souls so that they could become human (for more power, I guess?)? Or that it split unintentionally?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:09 pm

The pygmy intentionally split the dark soul into humanity, but didnt do it until after the dragon war. Or maybe he did, but just didnt give a piece to Gwyn because he's all lord fo fire and stuff whle the pygmy is all dark and stuff.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:24 pm

DoughGuy wrote:When you consider that before the dark soul was split into humanity ( my own theory) everyoe was undead, it makes perfect sense. The battle happens before humanity exists, so everyone is still an undead.

Dough,

I’ve read a ton of your lore stuff and while I don’t agree
    with everything I’d say you have great ideas and interesting things to investigate.
    I for one believe Gywn and everyone else (from the dark they came folks) are
    human, Primordial Humans. Created by the flame, or created by the Dark Soul
    that came from the flame. Normally when one looks as hollow as Gywn does in the
    intro, they have died. It’s pretty safe to assume that in the intro we are
    watching one of his last battles, so I’m sure he died in a few battles but was
    revived at the first flame because as you say he is undead. However, does that
    mean he was branded with the darksign? We know while we are playing that the
    undead have the darksign. I’ve been trying to link the Primordial Serpents, the
    Lords Souls, and the Dark Soul together the past few weeks and if you have not
    seen it already I have some speculation on that here https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t12249-primordial-serpents-true-intensions-vanilla-spoilers
    and here https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t12367-how-i-see-the-dark-souls-world-spoilers-speculation
    . I go off on some wild tangents (apologizes) but my bottom lines remain mostly
    consistent. If you have any information that you know from all of your research
    I’d be most grateful. I’m sure you’ve forgotten more of the lore than most
    people are aware of, and sometimes get tired of all of the speculation (there
    is a ton lol). Anywho, thanks for the reply and for your time!
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Deathsitexxi wrote:

Dough,

I’ve read a ton of your lore stuff and while I don’t agree
    with everything I’d say you have great ideas and interesting things to investigate.
    I for one believe Gywn and everyone else (from the dark they came folks) are
    human, Primordial Humans. Created by the flame, or created by the Dark Soul
    that came from the flame. Normally when one looks as hollow as Gywn does in the
    intro, they have died. It’s pretty safe to assume that in the intro we are
    watching one of his last battles, so I’m sure he died in a few battles but was
    revived at the first flame because as you say he is undead. However, does that
    mean he was branded with the darksign? We know while we are playing that the
    undead have the darksign. I’ve been trying to link the Primordial Serpents, the
    Lords Souls, and the Dark Soul together the past few weeks and if you have not
    seen it already I have some speculation on that here https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t12249-primordial-serpents-true-intensions-vanilla-spoilers
    and here https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t12367-how-i-see-the-dark-souls-world-spoilers-speculation
    . I go off on some wild tangents (apologizes) but my bottom lines remain mostly
    consistent. If you have any information that you know from all of your research
    I’d be most grateful. I’m sure you’ve forgotten more of the lore than most
    people are aware of, and sometimes get tired of all of the speculation (there
    is a ton lol). Anywho, thanks for the reply and for your time!
    That's an interesting theory, Ive never looked at it that way.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:50 pm

He is undead, but he doesnt have the darksign. Remeber the darksign does not make the undead, the flame's craziness after the GoW did. Gwyn hasnt died by then, he's still a "primordial human" i.e. undead. The undead in the intro dont have the darksign, but they are still undead.
    Gazoinks
    Gazoinks

Post by Gazoinks Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:53 pm

DoughGuy wrote:He is undead, but he doesnt have the darksign. Remeber the darksign does not make the undead, the flame's craziness after the GoW did. Gwyn hasnt died by then, he's still a "primordial human" i.e. undead. The undead in the intro dont have the darksign, but they are still undead.
    So then what exactly is the Darksign? A mark of Hollowness, I suppose?
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:16 am

Gazoinks wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:He is undead, but he doesnt have the darksign. Remeber the darksign does not make the undead, the flame's craziness after the GoW did. Gwyn hasnt died by then, he's still a "primordial human" i.e. undead. The undead in the intro dont have the darksign, but they are still undead.
    So then what exactly is the Darksign? A mark of Hollowness, I suppose?

In my theory crafting the this week I
    posted this, however I actually now think a little differently but it’s still
    really close to this….I now think the Dark Sign has something to do with the Lords Souls and the Dark Soul almost link a yin/yang type deal.... Anyways here's what I said in a different thread....

I think the splitting
    of the Dark Soul is what causes the Dark Sign. In this, as the First Flame
    grows weaker the Dark Sign spreads like a disease because the Dark Soul is
    gaining power as the flame fades. A good example of this is if you link the
    flame some believe it removes the darksign from everyone (but can return as the
    flame weakens again). So what happens when you link the flame? A big explosion
    that burns up everything it touches including any fragments of the Dark Soul it
    touches. The stronger the person linking the flame the bigger the explosion,
    the more of the Dark Soul they take out. It makes sense because when you burn
    fragments of the Dark Soul (humanity) at a bon fire it restores you to what you
    looked like before you died, and if you die again the darksign absorbs the
    humanity you had inside of you.

The Darksign’s description says that:

“The Darksign signifies an accursed Undead. Those
    branded with it are reborn after death, but will one day lose their mind and go
    hollow.
    Death triggers the Darksign, which returns
    its bearer to the last bonfire rested at, but at the cost of all humanity and
    souls.”

So if death Triggers the Darksign you could say you would have no idea about it
    until you were “reborn” after you died. However, because it specifically says
    you are branded with the Darksign… that’s more than likely not true..

This is the true power of the Dark Soul and the Darksign and I tell what I
    think their relationships to the Lord Souls are in a different post. The more I
    think about it the more I’m convincing myself. If you’ve got the time read what
    I was suggesting in the thread “How I see Dark Souls world.
    Spoilers/speculation” here is a link https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t12367-how-i-see-the-dark-souls-world-spoilers-speculation

Thanks for your time and I hope this was of some use to you
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:46 am

I dont read spoilers.
    I disagree of your belief of the dark sign. The age of fire existed for a long time and the intro implies the darksign is relatively new. I believe it was the GoW extinguishing the fire, and Gwyn subsequently relighting it which caused an abberation in the flame. No longer was death an absolute. By relighting the fire Gwyn showed death could be beaten, and so this power manifested itself as the darksign, showing death was not the end. As the chosen undead by linking with the fire you simply undo gwyn and the GoWs interference and remove the darksign by repairing the flame. As the dark lord you simply continue the natural chain of events removing he darksign.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:55 am

I'm glad to see someone agrees with me about the Dark Soul being split into Humanity. Why else would Kaathe and the Darkwraiths want it so badly? Killing Manus does not net you the Dark Soul, which means Manus abandoned his soul. I think the Darkwraiths want to reconstruct the Dark Soul to give true power back to the Dark Lord.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:59 am

Far out Ghadis SPOILERS!
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:41 pm

Dough, I still disagree with you on the whole "error in the flame" thing. First of all, if it was that, than it likely would have started right away after the flame was linked, but it didn't. In addition, the game says nothing about the God of War extinguishing the flame or Gwyn re-lighting it (he linked it). If the flame had gone out completely, what makes you think that Gwyn would have any more success relighting it than the witch would have had making a new one? Although, Acidic may have found some evidence for part two, I may need to reread his thread.

Personally, I think the most likely answer as to what the "flame" is and how the lord soul and dark soul relate are the theories I posted a few days back in one of the newer threads.
    TheLolrider
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheLolrider Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Also, if Gwyn was already undead when he first linked the flame, that would explain why he needs another undead to do it again, and not just some human. Undeath is part of the deal, somehow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:42 am