Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
TehInfamousAmos
Hue
Micha369
goober0331
BIG TIME MASTER
Ghadis_God
Shindori
vageta31
Bcc17
reim0027
Gazoinks
StockpileThomas
CaligoIllioneus
Pesth
BoilerFan8472
cloudyeki
greeneless
21 posters

Dueling Archer Hate Thread (Anor Londo)

Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dueling Archer Hate Thread (Anor Londo) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dueling Archer Hate Thread (Anor Londo)

Post by Micha369 Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:49 am

reim0027 wrote:It takes some time. I haven't done it in a while, but it takes at least 2 rounds.

What is a round? How many seconds/minutes?

It is easier if you mindlessly run towards the archer on the right, and when you make it to the top, block his arrow while facing away from the wall, that way, you'll be knocked back against the wall, then you can proceed to attack and figh him like a regular sword knight
    e

That sounds interesting! Because I always fall off the step and die trying to block the arrow.

By the way: My best way dealing with this archers is to hide my body by the spell "hidden body" Very easy! You neet at least 15 in intelligence for that spell I think.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dueling Archer Hate Thread (Anor Londo) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dueling Archer Hate Thread (Anor Londo)

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:53 am

Meh, just sprint up then roll to dodge the arrows - tis' the easiest trick. Bare in mind I understood rolls had I-Frames much like in DeS so I was a lot more confident in this game.
    SpecialNewb
    SpecialNewb
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SpecialNewb Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:41 pm

Hmm, I want to say it only takes 1 round (3 poison arrows a piece) in NG. It's been a while since I poisoned them, but I know there is safe spot right next to the railing of the tower connected by the bridges. I can never block the arrows without falling, I always have to roll through them to make the non-arrow run.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:46 pm

A "round" is from the start of poisoning to when it wears off. I don't know how long it lasts.

But, it is fairly easy to do as suggested above. Run to the top, go to the right, roll under the arrows, get in face to face with the archer, and parry his arse.
    wahwah
    wahwah
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wahwah Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:24 pm

i always trade for a dragonslayer greatbow and 5 arrows before i get to anor londo, even if i cant wield the bow properly, the knockback/down effect still counts.
    1 arrow for the archer to the left, and 3 arrows on the other. fast and 100% safe.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:42 pm

Roll through the arrows, then get up in his face and parry that son of a *****.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:11 am

Shindori wrote:Roll through the arrows, then get up in his face and parry that son of a *****.

You must be the one I keep summoning to get me into anor Londo. Lol
    I hate those sumbitches.
    Spent days getting through there alone the 1st playthrough .
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:38 am

Just to pile in one more “how to”...
    If your pressure parry timing is not too good.(Im horrible at parrying under pressure)

If you are a heavy weapon user, double hand it, then try and rush the archer on the right and stun lock him. Makes it pretty easy if you can dodge that one or two point blank arrows.

Seems like fire claymore works good at first play through.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:42 am

You could also do what I used to do (before I learned how to kill them). I would summon someone and let them take care of the archers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 pm