Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Glutebrah
Shakie666
XuitusTheGreat
ssss_2_is_pwnage
Katakato
raecor14
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Ghadis_God
Juutas
Jansports
Rynn
StockpileThomas
Garl_Vinland
DarkW17
befowler
Phoenix Rising
Pesth
WyrmHero
lordgodofhell
23 posters

Why are they still flipping? *facepalm

XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Why are they still flipping? *facepalm - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are they still flipping? *facepalm

Post by XuitusTheGreat Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:37 pm

how is 500 Ar low attack o-o and the builder uses the current mask stats btw
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Why are they still flipping? *facepalm - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are they still flipping? *facepalm

Post by DarkW17 Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:45 pm

Well its just weak because its elemental and going through 2 defenses and someone could be using high fire defense armour making it even worse...if it was 500 AR physical which can't be done with that build it would be strong!

Not questioning your build its using the new build creator...but I removed the MOM and it was adding over 200HP so there like no nerf to the MOM then?

I thought they were being nerfed to the point of almost being useless?
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:06 pm

yea they are according to the builder my melee has 1800 hp when it actually has 2k with MoM on, so it already has the nerf in its calculations, the one that took the big nerf was father mask the mom and child mask weren't hit that hard

also im coming off way more aggressive than I really am here , I'm just arguing they'll find ways to still be try hards, I am happy about the bkga nerf though <3
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:48 pm

They nerfed the BKGA? Thats news to me, what did they do to it?

On a side note: why oh WHY did they buff katanas? They weren't exactly weak to begin with. Yet another example of dex favouritism by from...
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:11 pm

Shakie666 wrote:They nerfed the BKGA? Thats news to me, what did they do to it?

On a side note: why oh WHY did they buff katanas? They weren't exactly weak to begin with. Yet another example of dex favouritism by from...
    katana's were not buffed.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Werenn't they? I heard they increased the attack speed of katanas... apparently not.

Anyway, what did they do to nerf the BKGA?
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:22 pm

AR lowered apparently
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:43 pm

Nah man I know you were just pointing out they can still troll pretty hard...but ya gotta admit its a lot less scary looking that what were facing now lol!

Wow so ya I just double checked and the mom is adding 201 hp instead of 250 hp....wow that dissapoints me wtf is the point of that tiny nerf?

People are still going to be able to make low vit builds and put that stupid thing on....lame :x
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:58 pm

I think they wanted to nerf the father but didn't want complaints like "why not the other two!?"' so they nerfed them a little too lol
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:52 pm

Lol damn it I guess that makes sense tho....least I won't have 2 look at that ugly azz MOF as much silly

Oh well thanks for clarifying that for me tho man....least I can accept it now and get over it Bow
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:36 am

didn't katana 2H R1 get speed buff?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:53 am

XuitusTheGreat wrote:I think they wanted to nerf the father but didn't want complaints like "why not the other two!?"' so they nerfed them a little too lol
    Mask of the father was pretty perfectly debuffed. Now if your build is running 25% weight load it's useless, and it only shines for medium roll and above.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:26 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:how is 500 Ar low attack o-o and the builder uses the current mask stats btw

Not only is elemental damage split, but it's been nerfed. My friend was using a chaos iiato and it couldn't do crap in pve or pvp haha. The AR may be 500, but it won't do crap if a person is wearing even cloth armor :3 (has tried chaos iiato in PTD)
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:28 pm

Juutas wrote:didn't katana 2H R1 get speed buff?

Nope, katanas are the same speed as before, after running into every build on PTD using katana (meaning every build on the PTD) ((so sick of cookie cutter dex builds >.<)) i've had plenty of timing tests and speed tests.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:49 pm

ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:

Nope, katanas are the same speed as before, after running into every build on PTD using katana (meaning every build on the PTD) ((so sick of cookie cutter dex builds >.<)) i've had plenty of timing tests and speed tests.

Good, katanas need to be nerfed if anything, expecially the Chaos blade.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Juutas wrote:
    ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:

Good, katanas need to be nerfed if anything, expecially the Chaos blade.

Lol if they get nerfed then what would every builds everybody in this game uses use :3?
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Your damn right the CB needs a nerf...its built with the perfect length and speed to catch a fast roller trying escape on the 2nd swing of there lame spam!
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:22 pm

DarkW17 wrote:Your damn right the CB needs a nerf...its built with the perfect length and speed to catch a fast roller trying escape on the 2nd swing of there lame spam!

If they tryhard spam you just tryhard backstab chain them :3 Come on! Don't let us tryharder tryhards down! Don't make me tryhard you :shock:
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:33 pm

-shrug- katanas don't bother me too much, now spears and rapiers.............
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:38 pm

the cb is useless against my 500 phys defense fat tank... back stabs currently do around 400 hp... in ptd they'll lose 30% so... i'll take around 280 on a cb bs and i can tank parry katana spam if thats their tactic...
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm not much of a pvper so i'll ask: whats so good about the chaos blade? The damage isn't THAT good, and you can't buff it. I remember, months ago people used to laugh at how useless it was silly
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:59 pm

it inflicts more bleed build up, has more range than most kats and has humanity scaling in addition to the regular scaling, it also seems to have more stun potential
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:59 pm

Shakie666 wrote:I'm not much of a pvper so i'll ask: whats so good about the chaos blade? The damage isn't THAT good, and you can't buff it. I remember, months ago people used to laugh at how useless it was silly

strongest unbuffed katana, longer range then the Iaito/Uchi, faster bleed build up. for SL100 builds that can't buff it is best katana.

and this is debatable, but the 20hp drain is nice if you use RTSR.

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:the cb is useless against my 500 phys defense fat tank... back stabs currently do around 400 hp... in ptd they'll lose 30% so... i'll take around 280 on a cb bs and i can tank parry katana spam if thats their tactic...

Back stab damage was NOT nerfed (where did this rumor even start??) the Hornet ring was nerfed, but Backstabs with out the Hornet Ring still do the same.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:57 pm

My thoughts on this are as follows, this is strictly my opin, I believe that the game devs are punishing lower level players that refuse to level up. It is my thought that many who enjoy larger armor will simply level up their endurance and other stats. Havel and flip ring at maxed out stats will allow still quite a few armor choices to flip with. They may depending on armor choice be relagated to one weapon only or less heavy weapons but they will still be able to flip in armor. Those that choose to stay at 120 will be at a big disadvantage if they happen to accidently invade higher soul levels. As some of you know I am at 710 and every now and then because of the buggy connections I have been invaded by unfortunate 120 players and took one hit from my artorias sword and died while in the forest. Some may dispute that you can level your endurance to 99 and still stay 120 but you will be at a very big disadvantage of using spell casting and heavy weapon selection will be out of your reach as well. Again my thoughts are that this will change the dynamics of the 120 pvp preferred level and it will either be raised or become obsolete. I really think the game devs want to punish skilled players who refuse to level higher then 120 and put them at an even more disadvantage when invading. Again just my thoughts. and just my opin.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:32 pm

Good to see this thread sparking to life...

Whoever posted that 77 poise dwgr wolf ring build with MoM you probably inspired all of the dwgr addicts just now lol!

This has become somewhat of a katana thread now for some reason. I personally LOVE C Blade as some of my posts in other threads will show. There are a myriad of ways to counter and effectively beat a kat user even if they also use Pyro. I wont list them as no one really cares what I think on that matter lol.

I can't wait till we get DLC, I am anticipating it almost as much as Dark Souls original release.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 pm