Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
befowler
RANT
tinypantha
OrnsteinFanBoy
DarkW17
WyrmHero
ssss_2_is_pwnage
11 posters

Backstab fishing fattys?

ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Backstab fishing fattys? Empty Backstab fishing fattys?

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:27 am

I'm dueling players in my troll Duel Smough Hammers build last night, and pretty much EVERYBODY I fought tried to backstab fish, no other attack but they're all like "I WASNT BACJKSTARJASB FISHING I WAS PUNISHING YOUR ATTACKS". (spelling errors on purpose) so what do ya'll think. Is it punishing to only backstab and just dodge or is that backstab fishing?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Backstab fishing fattys? Empty Re: Backstab fishing fattys?

Post by WyrmHero Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:38 am

Yeah that's backstab fishing. Roll backstab fishing is the worst and almost unavoidable, especially with Str weapons. Once you swing the hammer you're f*cked.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:40 am

WyrmHero wrote:Yeah that's backstab fishing. Roll backstab fishing is the worst and almost unavoidable, especially with Str weapons. Once you swing the hammer you're f*cked.

Thats what I thought, but like 3 or 4 (tryhard) guys messaged me that and I was like "SMOUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" so ya.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:43 am

If you try med roll you could counter backstab them but it's more difficult than fast roll because of slow speed.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:44 am

WyrmHero wrote:If you try med roll you could counter backstab them but it's more difficult than fast roll because of slow speed.

Nah, Smough is fat, it'll just be an adversity to overcome in Dark Souls =3 I'm gonna get good if it kills me (this is a troll build regardlessXD)
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:53 am

I don't understand why some people can't take a fackn breathe relax and just have some damn fun playing DkS!

If I saw some guy fat rolling with dual hammers I would be laughing way to hard to even begin fighting....but if I was forced to engage smough I would move with him and dodge and go for parrys....nothings funnier than parrying the hammer besides being SPLATTED by it maybe silly
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:15 pm

Backstab fishing isn't unavoidable with strength weapons...

If you see them fishing then change your strategy, be patient and back off wait for them to try a roll bs, unlock and smash them where they land.

I usually run a BKGA and whenever I get BSed it's because I messed up and my opponent exploited the opening. There are plenty of threads on this forum dealing with how to beat cheesy tactics so if you can't learn to beat them it's not their fault for being cheesy it's your fault for not learning to deal with that tactic.

Awesome build though, must look totally badass. Did you build it from scratch or just level a character you don't use anymore?

DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:37 pm

OrnsteinFanBoy wrote:Backstab fishing isn't unavoidable with strength weapons...

If you see them fishing then change your strategy, be patient and back off wait for them to try a roll bs, unlock and smash them where they land.

I usually run a BKGA and whenever I get BSed it's because I messed up and my opponent exploited the opening. There are plenty of threads on this forum dealing with how to beat cheesy tactics so if you can't learn to beat them it's not their fault for being cheesy it's your fault for not learning to deal with that tactic.

Awesome build though, must look totally badass. Did you build it from scratch or just level a character you don't use anymore?

That's all fine and dandy but you throw lag into the equation and I strongly dissagree...you can see them go for it take the appropiate action(which trust me the OP knows as well as anyone I know) and still watch them teleport you!

Just saying you can react but with a fat roll and lag often your beat...even if you do the right thing and 'make no mistakes'
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:56 pm

DarkW17 wrote:
    OrnsteinFanBoy wrote:Backstab fishing isn't unavoidable with strength weapons...

That's all fine and dandy but you throw lag into the equation and I strongly dissagree...you can see them go for it take the appropiate action(which trust me the OP knows as well as anyone I know) and still watch them teleport you!

Just saying you can react but with a fat roll and lag often your beat...even if you do the right thing and 'make no mistakes'
    in my opinion the only way to fight hardcore lagstabs/Back stab fishers is to sadly do it yourself or pivot and follow with a stunlock, Otherwise you realy just have to be careful and avoid getting close and circling for extended periods of time. as has been mentioned backstab fishing is based on lag so theres no 100% way to counter
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:14 pm

I'm not saying there's a foolproof method of beating laggers but just that there are ways to counter it, it isn't an unavoidable death.

I know it normally means predicting what your opponent will do then acting before you see anything actually happen on your side which is risky and involves some luck but if you can see your opponent is fishing then predicting his movements isn't an impossibility. Its a similar story with parrying in PvP, you can't wait for the attack then parry, you have to bait them then parry when you think they might attack. I know you guys know this, just illustrating my point.

I do agree with what your saying though, it is a complete pain in the A to deal with these guys.

DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:32 pm

I also agree with what your saying for sure...lag just makes it a mofo with a fat roll...we have all been there and unlocked turned to parry or attack or counter circle ect and suddenly get pulled into the BS ani anyways...you know what I mean lol!

You just staright up don't move at the same speed as a DWGR troll or fast roller....so they will always out circle you or win the pivot bs ect!

My best advice is to KICK KICK and KICK some more or have a hand axe/falchion on hand....its laughable watching someone try to BS you while you chop them apart with a falchion
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Made it from scratch, imo smough is great enough for a dedicated build to him <3 I mostly deal with roll bs fishers and bs fishers by.. well.. being better at it than they are. I spent like 1000 hours of pvp in that class of backstab fishers. Me, my full thorns and my chaos flamberge <3. It's rare to find somebody better than me at backstab fishing, I was more curious about opinions on that, if you'd consider that fishing or not. Thanks btw, it is badass, using it whenever I play. Fat roll hammers are a style i'd like to get better with for sure ^^
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:20 pm

DarkW17 wrote:I also agree with what your saying for sure...lag just makes it a mofo with a fat roll...we have all been there and unlocked turned to parry or attack or counter circle ect and suddenly get pulled into the BS ani anyways...you know what I mean lol!

You just staright up don't move at the same speed as a DWGR troll or fast roller....so they will always out circle you or win the pivot bs ect!

My best advice is to KICK KICK and KICK some more or have a hand axe/falchion on hand....its laughable watching someone try to BS you while you chop them apart with a falchion

I certainly agree, it is freaken hilarious, but sadly I cannot do that. I've already compromised my sexy build with GC for some extra defence, but I refuse to compromise it more. It's dual smough hammers, and it's gonna **** face like that :p It's really good advice, but if i'm gonna get wins it'll be by SMOUGHHHHHHHHHing them to death. I rarely, if at all, use GC anyway, just for spammers since i've got no shield >.<

Btw, to all, Smough is the best character in the game, know that and be happy to have died one time or another by him <3
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Lol I like your dedication to the build pwnage its a rare thing!

After 1000's of hrs invading being a thorn wearing chaos rapier hornets using pivot BS'r....I also have decided to give those questers a break from my vengence!

Unless its a darkstalker event(ill try hard for that) I invade 2 ways...med rolling kirk or fat rolling havel cosplays always in Anor I love vading Anor the most probably!

Now my havel cosplay is a DMB so I may the odd time make that tooth glow blue....but that's only when I feel like a try hard...and its mostly cuz its funny as hell to vade as a red and buff DMB 8)
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:45 pm

DarkW17 wrote:Lol I like your dedication to the build pwnage its a rare thing!

After 1000's of hrs invading being a thorn wearing chaos rapier hornets using pivot BS'r....I also have decided to give those questers a break from my vengence!

Unless its a darkstalker event(ill try hard for that) I invade 2 ways...med rolling kirk or fat rolling havel cosplays always in Anor I love vading Anor the most probably!

Now my havel cosplay is a DMB so I may the odd time make that tooth glow blue....but that's only when I feel like a try hard...and its mostly cuz its funny as hell to vade as a red and buff DMB 8)

Havel running slowly at me with a DMB buffed dragon tooth.. imagining that makes me shiver. I've been getting on my newest faith build with I want to tryhard. 6 casts of wogs, occult halberd, elite cleric's helm/body, thorns gauntlets with HSW and a heater shield. My favorite thing to do is wog backstab on that account, especially dead angling wogs and running around for the bs. Thats how I go tryhard. twisted

And thanks btw, Smough is great enough for dedication big grin
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:46 pm

I gank and dead angle wog BS on my main PSN (insert twitch try hard face here)

Funny true story I was rocking the havel cosplay at the O and S fire....I hear the questers up the stairs so I say wtf why not buff dmb and come waddling up the stairs....see a host and 1 phantom the phantoms comes at me....bang half his life and he's staggered but like a noob my follow up swing hits the wall....so of course I do the 'I hit the wall like noob animation'...then the host comes flying in and BS's me I attempt to escape the chain to no avail and die!

No biggie I thought it was all funny as hell...then I get a msg tho saying sorry man I usually don't do that just in a hurry trying to finish this toon and hey your psn seems familiar do you know Schultzz ect...I was like ya I do turns out he has fought me on some of Hells streams!

So I ended up helping him with 0 and S and 4 kings my dmb MSGS tore them both then i ended up seeing him in Lances stream later that night it was all pretty funny silly
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:01 pm

talking about str weapons makes me wanna come back to dark souls sigh*
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Try the Smough build in coop, it can really shine - I've had lots of fun defending Smough cosplayer summons from invader backstabs. There's a reason Smough has Ornstein around to keep folks off him.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:40 pm

ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:

Made it from scratch, imo smough is great enough for a dedicated build to him <3 I mostly deal with roll bs fishers and bs fishers by.. well.. being better at it than they are. I spent like 1000 hours of pvp in that class of backstab fishers. Me, my full thorns and my chaos flamberge <3. It's rare to find somebody better than me at backstab fishing, I was more curious about opinions on that, if you'd consider that fishing or not. Thanks btw, it is badass, using it whenever I play. Fat roll hammers are a style i'd like to get better with for sure ^^

I defy you to a backstab duel!

On-topic, backstabing backstabers is easy, I backstab into their backstab, so I can backstab while being backstabed. lol

Fat Rolling is fun:

Avoiding Crystal Soul Spears fat rolling, that's the true fun of it.

PS: Be wary of AC/DC ahead, mute the video if you don't want to hear it.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:45 pm

RantFromRant wrote:talking about str weapons makes me wanna come back to dark souls sigh*

Well you are the str weapons king...that build was Almost Rants Leeroy after all!

I do the Leeroy vading in the TOG's some times also...pretty funny when you do it in the dark and hit them with a Grant AOE...especially it someone may by chance get knocked of a ledge!

After being a rutheless vader for so long I am having a blast doing the cosplay vading big grin
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:00 pm

The future of Dark Souls:

One Darkstalker,one SoV and the host in Darkroot Garden with the giant armor set and the Mask of the Father waiting for someone to attack:

-AFTER YOU

-NO NO AFTER YOU

-AFTER YOU I INSIST
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:07 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:

I defy you to a backstab duel!

On-topic, backstabing backstabers is easy, I backstab into their backstab, so I can backstab while being backstabed. lol

Fat Rolling is fun:

Avoiding Crystal Soul Spears fat rolling, that's the true fun of it.

PS: Be wary of AC/DC ahead, mute the video if you don't want to hear it.

Lol ill have to watch it later on my phone now...never be wary of AC\DC lol

Why would I ever even want to roll or dodge anything with a havel shield....hehehehe

Oh ya and the bsing the bser cancel technique works great until you have had about 6 or so no dmg BS's...at that point I let the troll have his BS silly
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:13 pm

vatar5 wrote:The future of Dark Souls:

One Darkstalker,one SoV and the host in Darkroot Garden with the giant armor set and the Mask of the Father waiting for someone to attack:

-AFTER YOU

-NO NO AFTER YOU

-AFTER YOU I INSIST

NO NO Please after you sir

Would you like sugar with your tea?

I should clarify just because I am no pivoting bsing everything that moves with a horents rapier doesn't mean I am not a rutheless invader....ill just kick you off a ledge now silly
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:15 pm

DarkW17 wrote:I gank and dead angle wog BS on my main PSN (insert twitch try hard face here)

Funny true story I was rocking the havel cosplay at the O and S fire....I hear the questers up the stairs so I say wtf why not buff dmb and come waddling up the stairs....see a host and 1 phantom the phantoms comes at me....bang half his life and he's staggered but like a noob my follow up swing hits the wall....so of course I do the 'I hit the wall like noob animation'...then the host comes flying in and BS's me I attempt to escape the chain to no avail and die!

No biggie I thought it was all funny as hell...then I get a msg tho saying sorry man I usually don't do that just in a hurry trying to finish this toon and hey your psn seems familiar do you know Schultzz ect...I was like ya I do turns out he has fought me on some of Hells streams!

So I ended up helping him with 0 and S and 4 kings my dmb MSGS tore them both then i ended up seeing him in Lances stream later that night it was all pretty funny silly
    Wait.. wait.. wait.. wait.. your shultzz :affraid: ?
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:37 pm

Nah you know I'm Glatts silly...but I did 1st meet this guy when I was in the moonpit dueling with Shultzz he's his buddy silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 pm