Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Who do you consider to be the most important character? (and my opinion on some things)

Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Who do you consider to be the most important character? (and my opinion on some things) Empty Who do you consider to be the most important character? (and my opinion on some things)

Post by Shindori Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:36 am

Storywise or whatever. To me.. Not only is he my favorite, but I feel like the game revolves around Artorias and the 4 knights the most.

It seems like the knights maintain the balance long after Gwyn's hollowing. Ornstein, for example, guards tittymonster and the lordvessel, the first and most important key to opening the path to where history might repeat itself or take a turn for the worst. Before that, Artorias helped contain an even greater evil.. the evil of man itself, of humanity.

See, the way I see it.. the only real enemy in this game is humanity. What is everyone after? More humanity. Players and npcs alike. Hell, there's a whole covenant dedicated to it. And in the DLC, it's humanity that drove a man insane so far as to morph and corrupt him and all around him, an evil so powerful not even the great artorias could defeat. To link the flame is to seek more humanity to feed the flames. To bring upon the age of man is to bring darkness, the abyss, upon us fully.

Either way, humanity controls all. But it's so important, it drives the people to insanity if they are weak enough, which most are apparently. This leads me to believe there's no evil or good npc in the game, just sane and corrupted by humanity, by the power in brings, the power of the dark soul.

thaaat's just my take on the matter. what do you guys think?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Who do you consider to be the most important character? (and my opinion on some things) Empty Re: Who do you consider to be the most important character? (and my opinion on some things)

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:50 am

I think there's more to Quelana than what she's usually given credit for.

Her age and continued lucidity makes her a perfect source of information.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Who do you consider to be the most important character? (and my opinion on some things) Empty Re: Who do you consider to be the most important character? (and my opinion on some things)

Post by DoughGuy Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:37 am

I would like to point out Oscar is the dude who frees you. Without him DkS wouldn't have happened.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:53 am

Firstly I think Artorias is a joke who sold himself and his companions out for a shot at glory which he FAILED to achieve....but thats neither here nor there.

I think in all honesty that there is no one special all important character though if I had to pick one then I have to suggest Solaire....he partakes of your whole journey for no other reason that he is searching for his own personal sun (you can take that literaly or spiritually at your leisure), even the developer says that if you beat Gwyn with him that he goes on to link the bonfire in his world....
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:54 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Firstly I think Artorias is a joke who sold himself and his companions out for a shot at glory which he FAILED to achieve....but thats neither here nor there.
    what do you base this on? o_o
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:55 am

If you go any further into DLC territory we'll need spoilers. Hell Viral's comment should be spoilered to start with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:08 am