Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Regarding Weapons

DJXXII
    DJXXII

Regarding Weapons Empty Regarding Weapons

Post by DJXXII Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:35 am

Hi guys, I'm new to DkS. I just wanna ask what do you normally look for in a weapon in terms of stat and moveset pvp wise. example: ( C/C/-/- > D/B/-/-) or (C/C/C/C > E/A/-/- ) is this correct?

And also which weapon upgrade path is the best. if i go down the crystal path will my wep be unrepairable?

Thanks. Sorry for the newb questions.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Regarding Weapons Empty Re: Regarding Weapons

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:52 am

Stats, you want weapons with good scaling. Most weapons I use for pure builds (40/50 dex or 40/50 strength, or int, or faith. ect) Moonlight Greatsword has good scaling with int, or an enchanted claymore +5. As for moveset, I don't have any preferences. I am trying to practice with different movesets and trying to get good strategies and counters with many different weapons. Scaling is important, c/c is good for split scaling (40 dex/40 str builds) but bad if your just leveling 1 stat and not focusing on the other. Crystal is the best, but it is unrepairable and costs a slab each time. Just try different kinds of weapons/builds and see what you like. Try every weapon you can get your hands on because most weapons have their own movesets and strs/weaknesses. It's good to find one you like and after you get a handle on PvP itself just try out different weapons and try out different movement speeds and things like that. Have fun in this vast and enjoyable community of murderers :p <3uall.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:04 am

DJXXII wrote:if i go down the crystal path will my wep be unrepairable?
    Yes.

DJXXII wrote:And also which weapon upgrade path is the best?
    Regular +15 is best if the weapon has good scaling with stats you have invested (dex or str). If you have mainly invested in vitality, endurance or attunement, you are most likely better off with elemental weapons.

DJXXII wrote:Hi guys, I'm new to DkS. I just wanna ask what do you normally look for in a weapon in terms of stat and moveset pvp wise
    Now this question is much more interesting... It kinda relates to your question about best upgrade path too. I do think about the moveset and scaling. For example, I like halberd, it has ok moveset and decent reach, but requires investment in both, dex and str so most of my builds would have to use elemental halberd. Balder side sword has good scaling with dex, decent range and good moveset so it is very good choice for dex builds. So obviously, it depends on my build which weapons i am going to use. But i also like to use weapons like hand axe, claws and stuff like that. Claws for example, have bad reach, not very good moveset and poor damage but they look cool. So in the end, it comes down to your personal preference. I simply use weapons i like.

Just like "ssss_2_is_pwnage" said, make different builds, try different weapons and see what you like best. Just don't care about losing when you're testing stuff.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:22 am

For example, I like halberd, it has ok moveset and decent reach, but requires investment in both, dex and str

Halberd is really good as just a dex weapon, it gets good enough damage out of dex scaling alone to work well with a dex build. I use it on quite a few of mine, because it's one of my favorite weapons. It's also really good on a quality builds.
    DJXXII
    DJXXII

Post by DJXXII Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:34 am

Thanks a lot guys. Your answers are very informative. I think I understand it better now. I guess I should just go mess up my build and go on some experimenting. and also I've heard that there's a patch coming up. what SL will be the best after the patch?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:44 am

ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:Halberd is really good as just a dex weapon, it gets good enough damage out of dex scaling alone to work well with a dex build. I use it on quite a few of mine, because it's one of my favorite weapons. It's also really good on a quality builds.
    Yeah, well you could say the same with claymore too. I do use halberd with one of my dex builds, but i still wouldn't recommend it over any pure dex weapon.

DJXXII wrote:I've heard that there's a patch coming up. what SL will be the best after the patch?
    I guess SL 100. But i'm not sure what will be the most common PvP soul level. I've been slowly making SL 100 versions from my old 120 builds.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:45 am

DJXXII wrote:Thanks a lot guys. Your answers are very informative. I think I understand it better now. I guess I should just go mess up my build and go on some experimenting. and also I've heard that there's a patch coming up. what SL will be the best after the patch?

100 if your going to the arena more than likely, but probably will still be a lot of normal pvp at sl 120-125

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:56 am