Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
ThatPerson
DoughGuy
CaligoIllioneus
T-King-667
8 posters

Why Did Berenike knights go to lordran. And why the hell was there one in the painted world?

T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Why Did Berenike knights go to lordran. And why the hell was there one in the painted world? Empty Why Did Berenike knights go to lordran. And why the hell was there one in the painted world?

Post by T-King-667 Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:08 pm

This puzzles me Why did they go there? And why did one of them go into the painted world... And how did he figure out how to get in there to begin with? We all know that Tarkus was a Berenike knight, and he possibly went into the painted world, so maybe they ventured in together? Maybe Tarkus lead an army of them? Any ideas anyone?
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Why Did Berenike knights go to lordran. And why the hell was there one in the painted world? Empty Re: Why Did Berenike knights go to lordran. And why the hell was there one in the painted world?

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Well, we have a lot of examples of people traveling to Lordran after being cursed with the Darksign... I don't know why the Knights Berenike would come, it's all speculation, but it may be because of the Chosen Undead prophecy, or because undead have no place in other areas of the world (if they were an elite group of knights from Balder, for example, they may have been leaving the kingdom after the curse of the undead caused it to fall). We know that they tried to get into Anor Londo, and apparently Tarkus and at least another one made it through Sen's Fortress...I think there are two (main) possibilities here:

1) They wanted aid from the Gods in Anor Londo / they wanted to fulfill the Chosen Undead role and Tarkus got killed on the way, maybe fell from the rafters, and the other Knight Berenike got imprisoned in the Painted World

2) They wanted to kill the Gods and were seeking the Dark Ember, with a connection to the Occult conspiracy (they tried to enter the painting to retrieve the Ember, maybe Tarkus got killed and the other one dared not leave the painting after seeing what befell to their strongest) This is only supported by where Tarkus' corpse and the other knight are located; there's no "other" evidence connecting the Knights Berenike and the Occult plot.

My personal opinion is that they were from Balder, they had to leave the kingdom and believed themselves capable enough of defeating Lordran's perils; most of them hollowed in the Undead Burg, some hollowed in Sen's (the one near Ricard, and possible others from whom the Crestfallen Merchant got the items), and finally Tarkus perished while trying to go through Anor Londo. The remaining knight was either imprisoned or he escaped into the painting.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Why Did Berenike knights go to lordran. And why the hell was there one in the painted world? Empty Re: Why Did Berenike knights go to lordran. And why the hell was there one in the painted world?

Post by DoughGuy Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:14 am

Berenike led the knights there in order to conquer sens and reach anor londo. Typical hero stuff.
    Oddly enough Tarkus may not have travelled with the other knights, for we know he spent time with Oscar at firelink. Oscar travelled to the PW (presumably for the dark ember) and mae it out, unlike Tarkus. Now considering Tarkus went there, as well as Oscarand the other knights, either Tarkus led the knights thereafter meeting Oscar, or it was their plan after all.

Now there are only 2 things inside the PW worth going in for. The dark ember and priscilla. Tarkus perishes outside the PW, so I find it likely he fought Priscilla but was wounded before he could escape. Its unlikely he was killed by the guardians before entering, because the other knights made it in and the guardians cant pursue you inside so there is no reason to leave a guard.

Now the knights you find are along the way to meet pris, not around the annexe where the ember is. So I would say they were there to fight pris, but perished against her and now stand guard.
    ThatPerson
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ThatPerson Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:21 am

Like Caligo said, I think Balder and Berenike were the same country. Berenike being an elite unit of knights with Tarkus spearheading the operation to Lordran. Maybe his camera screwed him over or he got chain BS'd by the PGs.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:17 am

Description of steel set:

Armor set of the Knights of Berenike, known for their heavy armaments and armor.
    Countless Knights of Berenike, once extolled as the mighiest of mighty, became Undead and ventured to Lordran. But their journey was for naught, as they went Hollow, and became a threat to all Undead.

Greatsword description:

One of the gigantic straight greatswords.

Very few have what is takes to wield this
    incredibly heavy, damage-dealing monster.
    A favorite of the Knights Berenike, known for
    their heavy armor, and Black Iron Tarkus

Knights Berenike sounds like Knights Templar btw, hmmmmm. I don't think they were from Balder, because they're literally giants, and their armor style is different.

Tower Shield's description:

Metal greatshield. Used by Knight Berenike,
    known for his heavy armor. This thick plate
    of iron is heavily defensive but ultra heavy.
    Greatshields are very stable, and deflect
    attacks. However, one cannot parry,
    and instead bashes with the shield.

Now here says that Berenike was a guy.

And Tarku's shield corroborates:

Greatshield of the mighty knight Tarkus.

Built of special black iron and even heavier
    than Knight Berenike's tower shield.
    Especially resistant to fire attacks and
    effective for shield bashing.

ThatPerson
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ThatPerson Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:52 am

My theory is that the Tower knights tanked the enemies while Balder Knights swarmed them and sliced them. And then due to the lack of the Tower Knights (since they went to Lordran), they didnt have enough defense, and the kingdom was lost. I may make a topic for this sometime.
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:55 am

Don't forget about Berenike Man and Balder Girl in Dark Anor Londo.
    ThatPerson
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ThatPerson Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:56 am

I was getting to that. Also Sen's Fortress and the Parish both have Tower Knights next to Balder Knights.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 pm

ThatPerson wrote:My theory is that the Tower knights tanked the enemies while Balder Knights swarmed them and sliced them. And then due to the lack of the Tower Knights (since they went to Lordran), they didnt have enough defense, and the kingdom was lost. I may make a topic for this sometime.

That makes a lot of sense persona...
    ThatPerson
    ThatPerson
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ThatPerson Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:30 am

Hm, if my theory is correct, I'm going to be assuming that Knight King Rendal, some of his Balder Knights, Black Iron Tarkus and his Tower Knights all came with him. Balder, without their champions, eventually fell to the undead outbreak.
    Artoriasflagg
    Artoriasflagg
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Artoriasflagg Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:50 pm

WyrmHero wrote:
    Knights Berenike sounds like Knights Templar btw, hmmmmm. I don't think they were from Balder, because they're literally giants, and their armor style is different.

Tower Shield's description:

Metal greatshield. Used by Knight Berenike,
    known for his heavy armor. This thick plate
    of iron is heavily defensive but ultra heavy.
    Greatshields are very stable, and deflect
    attacks. However, one cannot parry,
    and instead bashes with the shield.

Now here says that Berenike was a guy.

Size is very subjective in this game and, as such, should not be used in this case to determine the race/species of the Knights of Berenike. The Dark Moons are probably the best evidence to show that the Berenike and Balder knights are no bigger than normal humans/undead. In general, the sheer size of the hallowed versions of these enemies is likely little more than a game mechanic to enable the player to feel like they are doing battle with something far more substantial than just another regular human in armor.

As for the whole "Knight Berenike" confusion, this was actually a translation error which appeared on several items in the game. The original Japanese text referred to Berenike in a way similar to the way the other items do, listing them as "Knights (multiple) Berenike." Not the most exciting answer to that little mystery, unfortunately.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:58 am

The reason there's one in the painted world is because a giant knight guarding a bridge is the most classic thing ever.

OT, I believe that the kingdom of Balder marched on Lordran as a last ditch method to somehow save themselves from the curse of the Undead that was plaguing their land. They obviously did try to make it into Anor Londo (Parish-Sens-PW-AL), likely to seek an audience with the Gods.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:12 am