Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Deathsitexxi
Siegfried.
WyrmHero
SlakeMoth
The_Flail
vatar5
StockpileThomas
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Wade_Wilson
Mr. Tart
14 posters

Resident Evil 6 anyone?

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Resident Evil 6 anyone? - Page 4 Empty Re: Resident Evil 6 anyone?

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:11 pm

I didn't realize that's what they were doing. Yeah, I agree, I think that's the way to do it.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Yeah they seem to be going about it in a slightly different way. My only concern is just like RE6 instead of focusing on tightening up what you guys say they have improved upon in DS2, they will focus to much energy on incorporating modes of play that I may not even use and lessen the progress in the horror genre.

I did enjoy RE6 but god if they had not focused on the Chris and Jake portions and stuck with focusing on Leon/Ada... I think they would have pleased a lot more fans of the series and actually made a better game. While I don't totally hate the Chris and Jake portions they do seem out of place in a RE. For example, the camera kinda sucks in this game and for the most part all of the RE game and when you try to toss in fast action cannon fodder fights it's even more apparent. RE1-4 worked because it rewarded you for taking your time conserving ammo and making some attempt to "Survive" other than surviving a full on battle.

edit: my comments kinda sound like I'm bashing them for trying the co-op thing but I'm not! We won't know until the game comes out if they execute it in a interesting way.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:27 pm

No, I pretty much feel the same way. I'm enjoying Chris's campaign, which is actually where I am now in my play through, but I after Leon's campaign I was blown away, like it was much bigger than just enjoying it. I absolutely loved it.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:29 pm

Then perhaps you could agree with me that it almost felt like re-experiencing RE4? big grin
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Well, to a degree I'd agree with that. I personally actually enjoyed Leon's enemies more than those in RE4. I'm a huge fan of zombie anything, and I just found that they worked better than the genadoes, but that's just my own personal preference. I also think RE4's inventory/upgrade system blows 6's out of the water. In fact I was kind of irritated at 6 ditching weapon upgrading. The skill system is alright, but I miss enhancing my weapons. Outside of those things I'd agree with you, but all said and done I still have to say I prefer RE4. I'd include that in my top 10 favorite video games ever, and though I did really like Leon's campaign, I don't think RE6 has a place on that list for me.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:Then perhaps you could agree with me that it almost felt like re-experiencing RE4? big grin

I tried not to look at it like that because then I would be bias and think I'm tricking myself due to nostalgia. But.... I do agree that it seems like a "streamlined" (hate that word lol) version of RE4. Was it perfect, no. But like we talked about earlier it had some great atmosphere. If they had strictly focused on that style of play I think it would have benefited the entire game. Seems like they had ADD though. There were portions of the Chris campaign that I enjoyed, one involving a snake >=). Overall though Chris and Jakes campaigns fall flat when put up against Leon and Adas, and no it's not because I like those characters more... I was a Chris fan for the longest time =O

Edit: Oh! and ease up with the QTE for god sake and let me just play the game.....

Last edited by Deathsitexxi on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:40 pm

Well, i agree with you. I did enjoy some of the sneaky play put into Adas campaign as well. As for Chris and Jakes campaigns, i don't think they were too bad. I actually enjoyed Jakes campaign alot, as much as to say i like him almost as much as Leon. And Leon is just the No. 1 char in RE in my eyes, so that says something. big grin
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:40 pm

I also think we're not taking into consideration the popularity of the Nemesis style enemies. I haven't played Jake's campaign yet, so I can't speak from personal experience, but I'm told that Ustanak populated Jake's campaign much like the Nemesis populated RE3, and for that matter the big bald BOW hunted the second campaign of RE2, and that style of play has an ENORMOUS following. I'm actually part of another forum community, where there's often a great deal of talk about survival horror, and the Nemesis is more often than not everyone's favorite over there. Personally I prefer zombies, but that's just me.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:45 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I also think we're not taking into consideration the popularity of the Nemesis style enemies. I haven't played Jake's campaign yet, so I can't speak from personal experience, but I'm told that Ustanak populated Jake's campaign much like the Nemesis populated RE3, and for that matter the big bald BOW hunted the second campaign of RE2, and that style of play has an ENORMOUS following. I'm actually part of another forum community, where there's often a great deal of talk about survival horror, and the Nemesis is more often than not everyone's favorite over there. Personally I prefer zombies, but that's just me.

I liked Jakes section and yes Tart he is an interesting character... After a while though you could tell it was a gimmick though. I felt like the developers were saying "hey this is the Jake section and he's the Nemesis style of game-play so here we go! Oh... what's gonna happen....OH GET CHASED AGAIN GO GO!" Yes that comment is a little extreme but compared to RE3 the chase sections felt totally scripted, which is very unlike RE3 where it really felt random and that you were being hunted.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Like I said, I can't speak to my own experience of Jake's campaign because I haven't played it yet, but I know what you mean about RE3. That aspect was definitely what made it work for me. It was the anticipation of it that made it work so well, like you never knew when Nemesis was going to burst through a wall and be all over you. If they ignored that aspect in RE6 I could see it not playing as well.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:51 pm

Well, do keep in mind, the campaigns were all made for all kinds of people. Leons was made to take it back to the classical RE as we all know it, while Chris was keeping it at the action. Jakes campaign seemed to put more pressure on you somewhat, while not necessarily challenging in that kind of way, there was something about it. Adas campaign seemed to try taking it back to the more classical RE with f*ck'd angles and what not(not hating on the first few RE games, so please do not misunderstand me) but still with some new add ons to it. So each campaign was to please all sorts of people. And all of them managed to please me, so i'm all happy and fluffy about it. ❤
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:53 pm

ya know that sums it up pretty well for me also
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Deathsitexxi Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:55 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Like I said, I can't speak to my own experience of Jake's campaign because I haven't played it yet, but I know what you mean about RE3. That aspect was definitely what made it work for me. It was the anticipation of it that made it work so well, like you never knew when Nemesis was going to burst through a wall and be all over you. If they ignored that aspect in RE6 I could see it not playing as well.

Plastic Don't worry, either way it is enjoyable but you'll see what I'm talking about =) And yes Tart overall the game doesn't make the greatest RE ever. However, it's not unplayable as a lot of people would have you believe. It has some great sections, just the overall package suffers from lack of focus =O
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Is it me or is it that Normal difficulty on RE6 is almost as hard as Veteran on RE5, and then Amature on RE6 is just too easy?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:38 pm

There's someone else feeling the same way? Thank god! I am not alone! big grin
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:48 pm

I don't like that the health tic-tacs only recover ONE slot of health in stead of atleast 2 or more.

Other than that and the difficulty issues, I like the game.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:38 pm

super necro bump. I've been playing Agent Hunt for the last couple hours. It's so much fun. Like being the ultimate griefer. I'm starting to get good at controlling zombies. It's amazingly fun being a zombie in the middle of a horde, and breaking down windows and doors, getting at the survivors inside. I just ate a guy's head, and it was awesome. I followed him around while he was trying to accomplish level goals, and every time he stopped to try to fulfill the action necessary I chomped on the back of his head, until I finally ate him.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:42 pm

Glad you're enjoying it! I really like Agent Hunt as well. Last time i played, i played as one of those huge stone-like creatures, and i just kept charging at the player. Eventually another player joined in on the hunt. The player was going solo, so the computer was the only thing saving him really. The other ''invader'' distracted the computer as i took down the host. Was great fun!

I haven't played RE6 in a while though. I really like the game, but i want to do co-op so badly, but i just can't seem to find anyone to co-op with. :|
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:45 pm

It's really too bad we're on separate platforms. I'm really getting back into it. I just played as one of those creatures that can't die. I impregnated Leon's throat. I just sent the guy a message that said "nom nom nom."

The dogs are really fun to play as too. The one I did before this one, I was a dog in the cemetery level, and there was another player using one also, along with a bunch of computer controlled dogs. It was nuts. We swarmed them as a pack, and were just completely unrelenting.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:49 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I impregnated Leon's throat.

:pale:

Yes, it is rather sad indeed, though not much can be done about it. As far as Agent Hunt, what i really enjoy is playing as a typical zombie, only to turn into one of those flesh creatures once i die. There's nothing more pleasant than giving them hope only to break it like a little bug being crushed by your feet. twisted
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:56 pm

I've only managed to get lucky enough once, and the player blew me 3 stories off a roof as soon as I stood up, and I had to respawn to get back up on the roof. I'm yet to manage to get one of the cool J'avo mutations either.

I just got a Shrieker in the cemetery level. That ones pretty cool. It's more of a supporting enemy, as opposed to a direct attacker. I hid inside a crypt and kept screaming and both stunning them, and drawing in a huge zombie swarm. There really isn't much that's cooler than being in the middle of an attacking horde.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:00 am

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Agent_Hunt

Judging by all the creatures that are said to be playable, i seem to have missed out on a lot. And here i was sure i had only missed one. Shrug
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:02 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I've only managed to get lucky enough once, and the player blew me 3 stories off a roof as soon as I stood up, and I had to respawn to get back up on the roof. I'm yet to manage to get one of the cool J'avo mutations either.

I just got a Shrieker in the cemetery level. That ones pretty cool. It's more of a supporting enemy, as opposed to a direct attacker. I hid inside a crypt and kept screaming and both stunning them, and drawing in a huge zombie swarm. There really isn't much that's cooler than being in the middle of an attacking horde.

Shriekers are pretty cool. Try using one at the church gate though. It's not too easy handling them in such a small and open space, i can tell you.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:06 am

Their punch is kind of a joke. I kept trying to land it and I might as well have been helping them to counter me.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:09 am

Totally forgot they had a punch even.

How is the ''invading'' going on the PS3? Do you often get more ''invaders'' than only yourself?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:28 am