[ 8 ]
    35% [35%] 

Total Votes: 23
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Re: Bring peace to the Honorable and Dishonorable

Post by WyrmHero on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:15 am

WoG/GC spamming are easily avoidable if you can fast roll. Chain backstabs are not so easily avoidable. If you are 2 handing your weapon, youre pretty screwed because you can't wakeup parry. The other option is to stand there like an idiot without lock on and hopefully tank a hit. If you got no poise, you get stunlocked. If you have a sliver of health left, you die. That's why I detest chain backstabs and makes them highly dishonorable in my opinion, only second to glitching/hacking.

Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:16 am

WyrmHero wrote:WoG/GC spamming are easily avoidable if you can fast roll. Chain backstabs are not so easily avoidable. If you are 2 handing your weapon, youre pretty screwed because you can't wakeup parry. The other option is to stand there like an idiot without lock on and hopefully tank a hit. If you got no poise, you get stunlocked. If you have a sliver of health left, you die. That's why I detest chain backstabs and makes them highly dishonorable in my opinion, only second to glitching/hacking.

if you can fast roll? Why is that singled out, you completely ignore fat/mid rolls sad Not nice. They're just as good as fast when dodging spams of anything but katana's r1 tryhard proseph tactics.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:17 am

WyrmHero wrote:WoG/GC spamming are easily avoidable if you can fast roll. Chain backstabs are not so easily avoidable. If you are 2 handing your weapon, youre pretty screwed because you can't wakeup parry. The other option is to stand there like an idiot without lock on and hopefully tank a hit. If you got no poise, you get stunlocked. If you have a sliver of health left, you die. That's why I detest chain backstabs and makes them highly dishonorable in my opinion, only second to glitching/hacking.

For the record, i dont chainstab. No point. But just to argue your point-

There's alot of "if"s in there. Thats kinda how dark souls works. If someone comes at you with 50 int, tin crystallizatino catylyst and you have bugger all magic resist and your ,ed/fat rolling then they have a major advantage.

Dono. Ifs and buts etc.

ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:21 am

Knight Alundil wrote:

For the record, i dont chainstab. No point. But just to argue your point-

There's alot of "if"s in there. Thats kinda how dark souls works. If someone comes at you with 50 int, tin crystallizatino catylyst and you have bugger all magic resist and your ,ed/fat rolling then they have a major advantage.

Dono. Ifs and buts etc.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:23 am

I wanted to say that but wasn't sure how much sense it made big grin

ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:25 am

Knight Alundil wrote:I wanted to say that but wasn't sure how much sense it made big grin

Thats why you add a , , or . Don't need to make sense when you forum gank people.

Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:34 am

ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:

if you can fast roll? Why is that singled out, you completely ignore fat/mid rolls sad Not nice. They're just as good as fast when dodging spams of anything but katana's r1 tryhard proseph tactics.

Mid roll can work but the I don't trust the i frames lol.

ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:37 am

WyrmHero wrote:
    ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:

Mid roll can work but the I don't trust the i frames lol.

I was dodging tryhard's wog spam last night with my fat roll duel smough hammer build. It works, it certainly works (HAMMAH TO THE FACE!!!!!!! )

Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:39 am

LOL that's awesome then.

tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:59 am

Its perfectly fine to fight with honor, but sometimes people use honor as a crutch because they cant counter tactics such as stunlocking (which is "honorable" apparently). If you cry honor at every death then you sir, have no skill at the game.

my favorite qoutes:

Tolvo wrote:I want one that moans loudly just so players can get really confused and creeped out.

"I
    just put a stone in that things mouth, with that face, and it sexually
    moaned. Alright I'm getting the hell out of here."
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:23 pm

Tinypantha has a point ive played people and staggered them or used wrath of gods to finish them of and they send hate mail calling me cheater or saying i have know honor wich I dont if you come into my world depending on how you fight is rather or not ill play nice if you just come in and rush, I love that someone out for blood. I dont mind the bowing but all these other little rules no healing, no spamming, and no double backstabbs thats wrong who comes up with this. Everyone fights a certain way, Me I dont use a shield or parry and backstab I wear any of the light hollow armor with thief hood or black cleric robes and use every advantage i can high ground, poison knife, bombs, kicking ur shield; and i wield long swords, spears, and sometimes great swords.

Customer Satisfaction RateThe first thousand customers
    Affiliation: The Far East Trainers-Forest Hunter Trainer http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t12291-far-east-trainers
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:07 pm

Jansports wrote:
    Juutas wrote:For me there is no such thing as honor or honorless, but there is such thing as respect.
    If you chainstab me or fish against me or spam great combustion etc. I'm not going to remember you honestly, BUT if you display clear skill and give me a good challence or even interesting setup I give you my respects.
    Anyone can chainstab with hornets and they are free to do so, but no one is ever gonna think they are good.

You know, I know, a good number of people know there are options when being chain stabbed. And counter measures to getting BSed in the first place. Seriously if All someone is doing is fishing how could you even lose?

Similarly if you (or anyone else for that matter) prove unable to stop me from spamming GC or WoG for a win, why should I stop? Maybe if people didn't die so readily to simple things I'd be forced to do something else(This happens!)

You shouldn't stop spamming WoG, GC or whatever, but there is no respect to be had from my side if you would do so. I don't know how many people really care about having my respects and I don't relly care, but that's all I have to give.
    It is true that fishers or spammers rarely succeed anymore, but they get lucky every once in a while and that's all that is: luck. They might win, but not because they are good...well at least not in my eyes, maybe someone could consider spammer a good player.

Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:12 pm

And same goes for me too. If you find me ever fishing against you, I don't expect you to give your respects to me.

ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:22 pm

There are times for both, never assume that somebody is one or the other. An invasion is an invasion until there is evidence to prove otherwise. The goal is your demise and that is how it should be played. An invasion isn't about honor, healing, ganking, hornets, fishing. Everything is fair and viable in an invasion. I agree there should be a limit to honor in a duel, but an invasion is different and should be treated that way.

Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:04 pm

I want to thank everyone for posting on my thread I love hearing you debates and opinions keep'em coming

Customer Satisfaction RateThe first thousand customers
    Affiliation: The Far East Trainers-Forest Hunter Trainer http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t12291-far-east-trainers
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:11 pm

I have over time had less respect for the honor standard.
    now i just PvP, i hide behind corners, and i do all that interesting stuff... but i don't stand in front of a person and duel.
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:09 am

After the DLC is out I don't think anyone is going to care that much for honor during invasions, because there is going to be the arena for dueling, then everything has it place and community doesn't have to try organise this honor into invasions. I would love to get trolled by invader when I play the actual game....too bad I'm always PvP:ing big grin

Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:46 am

Twice in one night? Really?

Look Skyward

Please help the community by joining both wikis and Fextralife!

Forum Guidelines / Resource Guides / Dark Souls Wiki / Dark Souls 2 Wiki / Wiki Live Chat

Fextralife / Wiki Twitch / Emergence Twitch / Wiki Fight Club / The Pantheon

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:11 pm