Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

PC doubts and DSFix - Would it be consider cheat-stuff?

felclef
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

PC doubts and DSFix - Would it be consider cheat-stuff? Empty PC doubts and DSFix - Would it be consider cheat-stuff?

Post by felclef Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:46 pm

Hollow, guys (ok, this one wasn't that good...)

Just got the PC version a few weeks ago, it is astonishing as expected!

I know that, somehow, Windows Live could consider DSFix a kind of hack mod and we always have the risk of being caught.

But, for the community, mainly the competitive PVPers, is it considered wrong?

Plus, would DSFix be considered a must-have for the PC version?

The PC doubts keep goin on and on...

Where the characters are stored? Is there anyway to backup our characters?

These days a friend of mine lost his Windows partition thanks to a crash in the Mac bootcamp... I'm not playing in a Mac, but... and if it happens to me either!? HDD crashes, whatsoever... D:

Well, hope my doubts could answers newcomers too!

Thanks! Bow
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PC doubts and DSFix - Would it be consider cheat-stuff? Empty Re: PC doubts and DSFix - Would it be consider cheat-stuff?

Post by CaligoIllioneus Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:09 pm

DSFix is not considered a hack/mod by GFWL, it doesn't even modify the .exe (I think the only thing that screws with GFWL is the 60 FPS thing, which I think is not worth it anyways). I don't remember where the characters are stored, but DSFix comes with a save backup option which is great... DSFix works flawlessly and is in my opinion a must-have, along with the mouse fix (if you are using keyboard and mouse) I use both DSFix and mouse fix and I never had a crash or any problem with them. If you are indeed using keyboard and mouse you probably need to remap some keybindings and tinker with mouse sensibility/mouse fix sensibility in order to play well (I use mouse and keyboard and already finished the game twice, so it's not true that a controller is mandatory silly). Oh, the only problem you may have is that if you use DSFix's texture override option (which lets you replace game textures with custom ones) you may experience some hiccups in certain areas depending on how many custom textures you are loading. Well, I hope this helps, and if you have any other question just ask happy
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PC doubts and DSFix - Would it be consider cheat-stuff? Empty Re: PC doubts and DSFix - Would it be consider cheat-stuff?

Post by Pesth Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:27 pm

I have the DSfix and it works great, i just downloaded it because i wanted a clear and simple interface for the game, and you need the DSfix for texture override
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:58 pm

DSFix is not considered as a hack. The only part that IS (people have been banned for using it) it's the feature of DSFix that changes the FPS maximum to 60 FPS instead of 30 FPS. If you don't touch that parameter (it's 30 FPS by default), then you won't have any problems with GFWL. Or just play offline if you care so much for that mod.

Also remember that the DSFix has a feature to backup your savegames, just activate it in the parameters and it will automatically backup your savegames. I don't know where they are locaetd (both the original and the backup) but if you just read the DSFix config file, the part where you can activate Savegames Backup, it will say there all the instructions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm