Getting Paladin gear at low levels?

WhtieCopain

Getting Paladin gear at low levels?

Post by WhtieCopain on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:41 pm

So I'm pretty new to the game, haven't beat it on my main yet even, but I'm creating another character that I can help low level players with as a Faith/Dex Miracle build The idea is to roll Cleric and get to ~22 so I can use Sunlight spear and have the Astora's Straight sword for a weapon.

I asked what armor would be good for this and someone suggested the Paladin armor and said it was possible to get while remaining low, a quick browse through the wiki is saying that it's a high level area below the catacombs, is there any actual way for me to get there and get the armor or was I just being trolled?
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: Getting Paladin gear at low levels?

Post by Siegfried. on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:53 pm

It's technically possible to get it at a low level -- you just have to hold off on the levels ups in general. That said, you can get it shortly after the half way point of the game. Many of us have completed the game without levelling up, but if you haven't completed the game yet and don't know about dealing with the Catacombs and Tomb of the Giants, then you might be hard pressed to acquire the armour.

To get it, you have to be towards the end of the Tomb of the Giants in human form. You'll exit the darkness and come into a well-lit path with a sheer drop on the left. As you go along, there'll be a tunnel to the right and a dead end to the path straight ahead. You have to go up towards that dead end until an NPC Black Phantom is summoned, who you then have to fight. Defeat them and then continue along until you complete the boss. The armour should be somewhere in the boss arena; if not, quit the game and reload and it will appear somewhere around the edges.

Also, the Knight class is probably better for dex/faith than Cleric.

WhtieCopain

Post by WhtieCopain on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:01 pm

Siegfried. wrote:It's technically possible to get it at a low level -- you just have to hold off on the levels ups in general. That said, you can get it shortly after the half way point of the game. Many of us have completed the game without levelling up, but if you haven't completed the game yet and don't know about dealing with the Catacombs and Tomb of the Giants, then you might be hard pressed to acquire the armour.

To get it, you have to be towards the end of the Tomb of the Giants in human form. You'll exit the darkness and come into a well-lit path with a sheer drop on the left. As you go along, there'll be a tunnel to the right and a dead end to the path straight ahead. You have to go up towards that dead end until an NPC Black Phantom is summoned, who you then have to fight. Defeat them and then continue along until you complete the boss. The armour should be somewhere in the boss arena; if not, quit the game and reload and it will appear somewhere around the edges.

The reason I'm going Cleric is because I want to stay low level for awhile (22 with cleric) and the Cleric allows me to get the Faith/Attunement I need at the lowest level.

Do I need to kill the boss to get it, or could I just kill the invading NPC, reload, then go to the boss arena?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:05 pm

WhtieCopain wrote:
    Siegfried. wrote:It's technically possible to get it at a low level -- you just have to hold off on the levels ups in general. That said, you can get it shortly after the half way point of the game. Many of us have completed the game without levelling up, but if you haven't completed the game yet and don't know about dealing with the Catacombs and Tomb of the Giants, then you might be hard pressed to acquire the armour.

The reason I'm going Cleric is because I want to stay low level for awhile (22 with cleric) and the Cleric allows me to get the Faith/Attunement I need at the lowest level.

Do I need to kill the boss to get it, or could I just kill the invading NPC, reload, then go to the boss arena?

I heard it is possible to kill Leeroy as a human, and, if you are a Gravelord Servant, you can use the Catacombs covenant coffin to pick up your Paladin gear.

WhtieCopain

Post by WhtieCopain on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Alrighty, guess I'll mess around and try to earn it later, doesn't sound too bad if I can find my way around the areas. The biggest complication I think will be getting to the Tomb of the giants, but if I work at it enough I should be able to
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:25 pm

WDTPD is almost right, you don't have to be a part of the Gravelord covenant to get into Nito's lair via the Catacombs coffin as anyone can do it, providing they have at least one Eye of Death in their possession, and so if you do not want to take on Nito just yet simply make your way back there as soon as you've finished off Leeroy.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Just remember that you have to have completed Anor Londo and placed the Lordvessel in order for the Black Phantom to appear.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:58 pm