Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Gazman0169
passivefamiliar
Tomhet
ikkiDcrow
WandererReece
ssss_2_is_pwnage
Pandemonkingkuju
Hellion7776
Marino.
BoilerFan8472
SunlightCrusader
Siegfried.
vatar5
FruitPunchNinja
callipygias
Rynn
Forum Pirate
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Cheesinator
StockpileThomas
Revoltage
CaligoIllioneus
mugenis4real
Abiathar82
28 posters

So what is your least favorite boss?

Poll

Your Least Favorite Boss?

[ 38 ]
    So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap64%So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [64%] 
    [ 1 ]
    So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [2%] 
    [ 6 ]
    So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [10%] 
    [ 1 ]
    So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [2%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 2 ]
    So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [5%] 
    [ 5 ]
    So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [8%] 

Total Votes: 59
    Poll closed
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 Empty Re: So what is your least favorite boss?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:23 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:You can make Gaping Dragon really fun and a fairly difficult fight.

Case in point.

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

So what is your least favorite boss? - Page 2 Empty Re: So what is your least favorite boss?

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:37 pm

the first thing they did was go to cut the tail off too, do that fight without doing that and more appropriate gear for that area and it can be even more fun.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:25 pm

It was NG+, though.
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:15 pm

Early bosses like that can easily be even easier on NG+, though. I completed the Gaping Dragon on NG++ just yesterday with a double-punch of Sunlight Blade and Power Within. The fight was pathetically short.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:56 pm

I just meant with regards to the gear. In NG+ you are already fully equipped, so there is no area-appropriate gear into NG+.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:06 pm

I didn't realize it was NG+, it did seem to be doing a lot of dmg despite them being in havels. Not cutting of the tail is one of the main things that makes it fun though, besides leaving the channeler alive.

Obviously if you are going to do those things to make it more difficult, you wouldn't use a weapon buff and power within. Literally every boss in the game becomes a joke if you just use overpowered tactics. You can steamroll through the whole game in just a couple hours or less by just spamming CSS at the bosses with as much magic boosting items as possible. No matter what NG you're on.

If you really want it to be a fun fight, use a raw weapon or something similarly weak in NG+. While following the rules i mentioned. Yea it has laughable attack patterns, but the channeler shooting soul arrows and the surprise of the random tail swipes is what makes it fun.

Maybe add no flasking also, that would make it very difficult.
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:27 pm

A part of it is the boss battle, too, though. I took on Sif shortly after the Gaping Dragon, and she on the ropes for a while thanks to her massive damage and my HP drain. The thing about the Gaping Dragon is that none of its attacks punish your mistakes, and it has a number of attacks that are easy to punish themselves.

No matter what you do, I can't see the Gaping Dragon ever being on the level of Ornstein and Smough, or Four Kings, or Gwyn with no parries. It seems to be designed entirely to introduce the player to ridiculously high HP bosses in a context that doesn't punish you heavily, probably as a preview to the much more ruthless Quelaag fight.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:53 pm

I will admit that the boss has a habit of not using its tail swipe for some reason, i wish it used it a lot more. I do a lot of challenge runs though, so i have a pretty good sense of what is challenging and what isn't. I'm not saying it is the hardest thing to do, in fact i said "fun and difficult".

If you don't heal, i doubt you would kill it on the first attempt with the rules i mentioned. With the channeler shooting soul arrows at you, you cant just stand there and wail on it like you normally would. Cause the soul arrows do a lot of dmg since it buffs itself also. Dodging the soul arrows, and making sure you don't get hit by one of the random/rare tail swipes is what is challenging. Also it has a few other attacks it very rarely uses, which i guess i kind of like cause they surprise you.

You can make any boss difficult by setting rules that make it more challenging. That's one of the only things that has kept PvE still interesting for me. Cause to be honest i don't think any boss in the game is challenging if you just give yourself access to anything(healing,powerful spell/items/weapons ext). If i am just doing a PvE run for fun,and not making a pvp build, i usually set a lot of rules to make it difficult. A normal playthrough at this point sounds incredibly boring.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:14 pm

At first i thought BoC for obvious reasons . But by now i can take it on without dying .
    I pick Seath because hes dissapointingly easy .
    Hellion7776
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hellion7776 Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:41 am

I am voting for S&O... but only if you kill Ornstein first. I used to think Smough was the easy one... Kill Orney and then just kill slow fat Smough.

Then I realized that electric powered buttslam is so damn strange... it's like the fickle finger of fate just reaches down and thumps the life out of you. Get caught mid roll... kills you. Mid attack... kills you. Standing flatfooted with a shield up, the damage is trivial... but watching a n00b fumble through it only to get a GIANT butt shaped impression stamped into their forehead... It usually means the walk of shame back from the Bonfire to the fogdoor.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:42 am

O buttstomps too.
    Hellion7776
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hellion7776 Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:54 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:O buttstomps too.

But his damage seems to be MUCH more manageable. Ive seen a lot less deaths from Ornstein's buttstomps than Smough's OMGWTFBBQ buttstomp.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:25 am

Ornstein's buttstomps can be avoided easily by mid-rolling one or two times (even if you are directly under him), it has about half the range Smough's has, and it also deals less damage. This means you can go under him to make most of his attacks miss, which makes the fight easier.

Smough's attacks are easier to dodge, but that buttstomp is evil, it takes just one little mistake to die...accidentally clicked the attack button two times and he jumped after your first swing? Ops.

Super Ornstein is annoying if you want to move away from him to heal, though. He can close distances in a milisecond and sometimes he can jump over the pillars with one of his attacks, or hit you through them with his massive range.

Anyways I actually like O&S as a boss, it's one of my favorite encounters. Talking about them...do you know what I hate? The Royal Sentinels you have to evade each time you die.
    Pandemonkingkuju
    Pandemonkingkuju

Post by Pandemonkingkuju Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:05 am

Abiathar82 wrote:So mine is by far Bed of Chaos , but was just curious as to how the community feels.
    yeah so was mine i find it easier to hold my shield with two hands while running around it X.x
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:09 am

Bed of Playos. It's not astetically pleasing and neither is the area before it. It's not a fun boss fight and not a hard one. It's just annoying, pretty much all >.<
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:16 am

Bed of Chaos can be easier if you summon 2 phantoms and let them do all of the work. They don't seem to mind.

Also, I hate Pricilla because her weakness is her strength. It is very easy to accidently kill her without getting her dagger. Sometimes you have to restart the game or die to get it.
    ikkiDcrow
    ikkiDcrow

Post by ikkiDcrow Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:55 pm

4kings only boss I ever need help on
    Abiathar82
    Abiathar82
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Abiathar82 Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:20 pm

Hellion7776 wrote:But his damage seems to be MUCH more manageable. Ive seen a lot less deaths from Ornstein's buttstomps than Smough's OMGWTFBBQ buttstomp.

LMAO at "Smough's OMGWTFBBQ buttstomp" , awesome.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:58 am

Bed of Chaos.

Though I still feel that the Four Kings battle is cheap because there can be more than four kings Look Skyward
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:48 pm

So many hate bed of chaos...it was rough the first time. But...its not hard. I like it, its unique. I voted (the only vote for it) the centipede. That fight seems more 'in the way' then anything. Why do i need to kill that? For a ring that i really only need FOR THAT FIGHT...that annoyed me so much. Playing with no guide the first time. Got the ring mid fight, ended up dying of course (not knowing about the far right corner of semi safe ground) going back with said ring and loving it. But after....not really needed unless you want to take on the undead t-rex things head on with melee. At least bed of chaos had some good lore/story relation to go with it.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Are there more than Four Kings, or is it that the four simply respawn until their combined HP bar is fully depleted? :suspect:

As for the Poll I'd have to say Asylum/Stray/Firesage are my least favorite, simply because there is not a lot to seperate one from the other.🇳🇴
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

Post by Marionx Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Bed of Chaos. All those deaths I've had because of this boss could have been avoidable.
    Nightmare Moon
    Nightmare Moon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Nightmare Moon Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:49 pm

I didnt like gaping dragon. The fight was too boring.
    Gazoinks
    Gazoinks

Post by Gazoinks Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Bed of Chaos. I don't even find it hard, exactly, it's just not fun.
    oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Post by oregonav8r Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:53 pm

Mine is also the bed of chaos...seems that even when I feel all is going according to plan, I'll get hit with a random fire pillar or something that shoots me up in the air, and through a hole in the floor. Not cool.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:47 am