Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Forum Pirate
Derpwraith
Seignar
Glutebrah
ChizFreak
Spurgun
Marino.
Dante_000
RANT
ICEFANG
Uparkaam
Knight Alundil
DNL
Tolvo
Rynn
19 posters

heard BS damage got tanked.Dark Wood Grain Ring Comments

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

heard BS damage got tanked.Dark Wood Grain Ring Comments Empty heard BS damage got tanked.Dark Wood Grain Ring Comments

Post by Rynn Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:52 am

How much? 50%? 10%?
    This is important because backstabs are an important part of my ganking diet, and i need to know how well the best cure for gankers was scaled back.

Furthermore, do you think the darkwood grain ring nerf probably brought the Ultra Great Weaponry back into the light of "consider using"? I think that now that most players will stop at 25% weight, it might be easier to make use of the ultra weaponry, due to more reliable stunning.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

heard BS damage got tanked.Dark Wood Grain Ring Comments Empty Re: heard BS damage got tanked.Dark Wood Grain Ring Comments

Post by Tolvo Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:36 am

Ultra weapons are more viable now yes, because not just that but while swinging a heavy weapon now light attacks won't interrupt it.

As well while backstabs are nice against gankers, there are still many tricks. Sorcery is still a very powerful tool against gankers.

In regards to BS damage, I heard it was reduced by 30%.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

heard BS damage got tanked.Dark Wood Grain Ring Comments Empty Re: heard BS damage got tanked.Dark Wood Grain Ring Comments

Post by Rynn Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:41 am

if BS have been very harshly harmed, i might consider removing my hornet ring for the Dark Wood Grain Ring. After the nerf, that animation is pretty rare i bet, and the extra i-frames will probably really help with the new hell magic.
    DNL
    DNL
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DNL Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:08 pm

in 90% of fights on pc, people still fish for backstabs and hornet ring + red stone tear ring can still oneshot people
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:10 pm

DNL wrote:in 90% of fights on pc, people still fish for backstabs and hornet ring + red stone tear ring can still oneshot people

Yeh backstab fishing is still just as effective. Getting two really isn't that different to getting 1.

Also on the point of ganks, if you're a sorcerer blasting a few chasers would definately thin their numbers.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:11 pm

And chainstabbing is still lethal.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:12 pm

i mostly play in the forest, so i do everything, 99/99/99/99 stats in my damage skills.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:50 pm

Tolvo wrote:Ultra weapons are more viable now yes, because not just that but while swinging a heavy weapon now light attacks won't interrupt it.

As well while backstabs are nice against gankers, there are still many tricks. Sorcery is still a very powerful tool against gankers.

Are you referring to hyper armor? That does not exist, I tested it with Ultra Swords Clubs and Axes.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:09 pm

Sadly no Hyper armour sad
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dante_000 Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Hyper armour is on one weapon.

Spoiler:

My mind just failed big time, thought the Abyss sword was a Ultra

Last edited by Dante_000 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:17 pm

lol "Le"

And really? Only one? That's ***.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:23 pm

But isn't it just for the special R2 attack? I dunno if I would call that Hyper Armor.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:25 pm

Damnit, the DLC needs to come out so I can stop saying, "I hear this is like that." I want to say, "I tested it, and this is like that!"
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:26 pm

I tested enough stuff to assume that everything anyone says is false unless I see a video of it. I mean it really seemed like every one I heard was just from their dreams or something.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:26 pm

I wish it would too. You have no idea how tempting it is to be like "AWW MAN WAIT TIL YOU SEE.." but ofc I cant do that. sad
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Also, In my experience on the pc edition backstabbing seems generally the same with the exception of the HR.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:29 pm

"Hey did you know on the PC version if you hit Reah with a whip three times, she takes her clothes off?"

I've got to admit, there are some cases where I do like this misinformation coming in.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Missinformation? Nah man that ones spot on.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:35 pm

About the Hyper Armor i can say one thing for sure : Ultra Greatswords, Curved Greatswords, Greatswords (Claymore, Abbys), Clubs and Great Axe's R2 jumping attack have Hyper armor , tested it with 0 Poise on several mobs that stun people with 0 Poise . I think every Weapons jump attack has hyper armor .

Im off to test again ^^
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:42 pm

I thought all jump attacks had hyper armor (before and after patch).
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Spurgun wrote:I thought all jump attacks had hyper armor (before and after patch).

No they hadnt . It looked pretty silly . They jump onto me with their big butt Zwei and i poke them with my teeny tiny Velka and cancel their attack silly
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:24 pm

The Abyss Greatsword's 2-handed strong attack have Hyper Armor. But it's so slow and hard to aim at people that it's useless so...
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:25 pm

i dont think BS damage was nerfed, only the Hornet ring was
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:23 pm

No they hadnt . It looked pretty silly . They jump onto me with their
    big butt Zwei and i poke them with my teeny tiny Velka and cancel their
    attack silly
    This is what happened to me when I tried to Jump Attack with a Zweihander. It was ridiculous. Can you actually test if it is hyper armor or just added poise?
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:25 pm

Tolvo wrote:Ultra weapons are more viable now yes, because not just that but while swinging a heavy weapon now light attacks won't interrupt it.

Vow of Silence DOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm