trolololololo

    Share

    Poll

    Why do you think people grief in Dark souls pvp?

    [ 6 ]
    8% [8%] 
    [ 26 ]
    37% [37%] 
    [ 9 ]
    13% [13%] 
    [ 9 ]
    13% [13%] 
    [ 21 ]
    29% [29%] 

    Total Votes: 71
    avatar
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 316
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2012-06-20
    Age : 29
    Location : United Kingdom

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by Isirith on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:13 am

    I reckon they grieve low levels because at high level they can't fight back.
    It gives them a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.

    Sad in MY OPINION but if that's how they enjoy the game then leave them to it.
    I have my own personal blacklist of these players so I know who to avoid.
    As you can imagine I have a very small pool of players to play with.


    _________________
    PSN ID - Isirith

    "The problem isn't the problem...
    Your attitude about the problem is the problem, do you understand?"
    avatar
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 263
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-09-09
    Age : 22
    Location : England

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by Peaceful Wollyhop on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:14 am

    Ok I went to bed after starting the topic when it had 1 page. Just came back on and noticed it had 5 pages......reading through all of it was hard haha.


    _________________


    XBLG - DesertFoX 797
    avatar
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1435
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-04-09
    Location : Scotland

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by Knight Alundil on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:45 am

    Peaceful Wollyhop wrote:Sorry if you don't like topic pirate, but it annoys me when people go out of their way to ruin someone else's game/playthrough. On my first playthrough of Dark Souls I was looked up in the burg by 2 guys who constantly invaded me and I couldn't do anything about it. I also was lured to hit the giant blacksmith and big hat logan. You said it's their right to do what they want as they paid for the game but what about other people who have paid for the game and have a miserable time because of griefers. I mean my friend traded in Dark Souls back to game because he couldn't get past the the first area due to invaders....(and the happy red dragon) -close rant-

    I agree with you about griefing but your "This is about my enjoyment too" arguement would be valid if it were any other game apart from Dark souls big grin

    Griefing and rage are an integral part of Dark Souls. If you dont like getting ganked/griefed/invaded at low level then buy a different game happy

    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by Rynn on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:49 am

    people grief because griefing is fun.
    And trust me, there is some game, somewhere in the world, where you would find an action fun that others would consider griefing.

    Try to get on voicechat with half these people; most of them are fun to talk to.
    avatar
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 263
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-09-09
    Age : 22
    Location : England

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by Peaceful Wollyhop on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:20 am

    I will say though that this topic got a lot more serious than I thought it would. I just expected people to answer the poll! XD


    _________________


    XBLG - DesertFoX 797

    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by IV_Mark_VI on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:51 am

    Forum Pirate wrote:I don't support slavery, nor would I own slaves. Just because someone doesn't deserve something doesn't mean I would go out of my way to take it away.

    Rather than support the slave owners taking freedom, I would try to make the slaves worthy of gaining freedom. One can only be a slave if one allows oneself to be. Escaping it could get.......unpleasent (to put it mildly) but nothing can be gained without a price.

    Just because I don't believe in any absolute moral ground doesn't mean I don't have my own morals.

    The thing is (unlike seemingly everyone I deal with) I'm aware that they are mine alone. I wouldn't enforce them on others or condemn any person who didn't follow them. My biggest pet peeve (and the source of most of my lapses) is judgement. I involve myself in these types of threads to argue against judgement of the type generally present in these types of threads.

    Edit: TLDR: I'm not a sith.
    Wow forum... just wow.

    One can only be a slave if one allows oneself to be?

    Are you kidding me? So all slaves are just lazy or just allowing it to happen?

    Dude... I have respected your stances before but this is way over the top and really... I have no words. I'm surprised, angered, and floored (!) that you think slaves allow it to happen.

    I really hope that when something horrible happens to someone close to you, like say your girlfriend/wife was raped, that you say it's morally wrong and don't tell her she allowed it to happen.

    There is wrong and there is wrong. This is a video game, and it's built in, and therefore allowed by the structure of the game. The knowledge that you are ruining people's fun DOES in fact make you a jerk in the eyes of those people and people that think like them is true; absolute moralities are not. Not believing in absolute moralities... that makes someone a sociopath. No moral responsibility or social conscience.


    _________________
    XBox Gamertag: VI Mark IV
    PSN: VI_Mark_IV
    avatar
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2770
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 28
    Location : East Coast , USA

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by FruitPunchNinja on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:52 am

    not everyone plays the game so seriously, or takes the world of gaming so seriously. Trolling/Griefing is funny, that is why people do it. Do i think people take it way to far sometimes? Yea, but the point remains it's cause they think its funny. I trolled occasionally, and I'm sure some of you have too. If you are trolling gankers, is that some how not trolling? There's so many ways to look at it, and it's so stupid there's no reason to.

    avatar
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 162
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-09-25
    Age : 26
    Location : Odnol Rona - UK

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by OrnsteinFanBoy on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:09 am

    People trolling you can set you back a little bit but so can accidently dropping your guard against a skeleton or rolling off a cliff. Dying is part of the game and should spur you on to get better.

    Plus sometimes it's funny as hell, I got trolled in anor londo when some guy invaded as I was fighting the second gargoyle, rotated the platform up so I could reach him and just waved at me, forcing me to tackle the rafters again whilst he shot me with a dragon slayer.
    It was clever and made me chuckle even though it set me back a little. So yeah, learn to laugh at this kinda thing and it becomes a whole lot less frustrating

    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by IV_Mark_VI on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:14 am

    That example doesn't sound like a troll to me.

    Griefers are specifically people that invade at low levels with end game gear; if you're fighting in Anor Londo you should have access to something at least coming close to what they have (or closer, at least; a +10 weapon, or an upgraded lightning spear).


    _________________
    XBox Gamertag: VI Mark IV
    PSN: VI_Mark_IV
    avatar
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 466
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-07-27
    Location : Runnemede, NJ

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:21 am

    Dat poll....

    Dude, it's the point of the game. To make new players struggle as much as possible, or old players. Honestly, unless you're stupid enough to KILL the NPC then you win even if you hit the NPC and agro them.. I love people like this because it's either a matter of who has more patience and time or who has more knowlege of the game. You can easily disconnect and threaten to in order to draw them from the rock they crawled under and if they choose not to they can just wait 20 seconds for you to click the "Quit" button on your system OR Alt F4 on your keyboard. If they fight dirty, whats the big deal? The idea of an invasion is to kill your opponent.. The drawback of going human is that you can have somebody coming after your blood.. You can get help, so why is it wrong to run into enemies and hide behind NPCs. You do realise that WHITE PHANTOMS CAN'T HIT NPCs. So it's a simple matter of sending them into battle, or doing what I said before. Greifers are nothing to complain about and if you can't combat them or are stupid enough to fall into their traps then it's your own.. damn.. fault.. Run to the boss next time, suck it up, and get back to the game.. Greifers can't take anything REQUIRED from you in this game.. only options can be taken.. so give up.. and next time put an option for people who have the same feelings I do..


    _________________
    .Silence is Golden.
    avatar
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 162
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-09-25
    Age : 26
    Location : Odnol Rona - UK

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by OrnsteinFanBoy on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:22 am

    I guess it's not really griefing because had he actually fought me it might've been even but I'd definitely say doing that in anor londo is trolling, totally demolishing the hosts route while they're fighting a gargoyle forcing them to walk a tight rope while you pound them with dragonslayers.

    It was clever as hell and wasn't expecting it at all so fair play to the dude,made me laugh for being so stupid and letting it happen XD
    avatar
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2770
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 28
    Location : East Coast , USA

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by FruitPunchNinja on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:23 am

    People bb glitch and have access to all the weapons before then, very rarely when i was invading or co oping did the host or other summons have legit gear. It was always bb glitched. So that argument isn't very valid, cause both sides abuse that.

    Also how is Orns example not trolling, that's what i think of as trolling. Who decided that griefing and trolling were different? There's really no set definition, i just think of it as going out of your way to be a ****. Which in a lot of cases can end up being funny.
    avatar
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 219
    Reputation : 36
    Join date : 2012-09-08
    Location : Camelot!

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by Siegfried. on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:23 am

    Regular griefing is restricted by soul level, though, which does a decent job of ensuring that players have comparable gear.

    But a new player going through the Burg for the first time doesn't deserve to be invaded by some joker with a lightning claymore +5 and a fully upgraded set of armour.

    It might be tolerable to a lot of us, but a lot of us were also playing this game upon release, and multiplayer didn't really start in earnest until after the Parish. Remember that there are only ten Cracked Red Eye Orbs in the game unless you join the Darkwraith Covenant, so invasion options were initially slim. Most of us benefited from general ignorance about the game and out first "invasion" was Kirk in the Depths.

    For many new players, their first invasion comes during a time they're still coming to grips with the game in the Burg or Parish. And that would be fine if it were just people who had found the Firelink Shrine invasion orbs, or ones who knew where they were and were starting out honestly themselves. But the bulk of early invaders use elemental weapons and heavily upgraded armour and shields, ensuring that new players have an exceedingly negative experience of multiplayer as soon as they start.

    I think a fair few of us have forgotten that this is a difficult game. We've all probably beaten it about a dozen times and half of us have done some kind of challenge run. One griefer seems like nothing in the face of that; a temporary setback during a much harder task. But a new player doesn't get the benefit of having that initial, "pure" experience of the Burg and Parish. And I'm reasonably sure anyone who was playing this game upon release had that "pure" experience.

    So it's disappointing that new players can no longer have that. While one can play offline, that also means losing out on multiplayer content, and my friend on PC doesn't even get that option, his only recourse being to use Alt+F4 whenever he gets invaded. It's sad that his default assumption is that an invader will be some fool with a lightning weapon +5.

    I don't care much about griefers who grief within the balance parameters of the game. When I first saw a video of Catacombs griefing, using the bridge controls with Chameleon, I thought it was hilarious and wanted to pat the guy on the back. That's a fun and creative way to go about it. Or when I saw a video about someone who waited around in human form to be invaded, only to use Undead Rapport on a tough enemy and buff them with the Channeller's Trident.

    But I can't condone the damage glitch griefing does to the experiences of new players and the lack of benefit it has for anyone else. And I don't think we should want the kind of people who glitch low level characters with incredible gear in our community; these people are seeking to dominate those weaker than them by any means necessary, and while they may not do this in real life, it reveals some exceedingly dark things about how they think of others and what they want in their lives.

    So, griefing? Dark Souls is built for it, sure enough. But glitching and griefing at the same time is a different matter entirely, and falls entirely out of the game's balance considerations and any notion of fair play. After all, if you catch a regular griefer off guard, you earn yourself a fair fight. If you catch a glitching griefer (Batman!) off guard, you'll probably still get defeated because of the massive power imbalance.
    avatar
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1435
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-04-09
    Location : Scotland

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by Knight Alundil on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:23 am

    ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:Dat poll....

    Dude, it's the point of the game. To make new players struggle as much as possible, or old players. Honestly, unless you're stupid enough to KILL the NPC then you win even if you hit the NPC and agro them.. I love people like this because it's either a matter of who has more patience and time or who has more knowlege of the game. You can easily disconnect and threaten to in order to draw them from the rock they crawled under and if they choose not to they can just wait 20 seconds for you to click the "Quit" button on your system OR Alt F4 on your keyboard. If they fight dirty, whats the big deal? The idea of an invasion is to kill your opponent.. The drawback of going human is that you can have somebody coming after your blood.. You can get help, so why is it wrong to run into enemies and hide behind NPCs. You do realise that WHITE PHANTOMS CAN'T HIT NPCs. So it's a simple matter of sending them into battle, or doing what I said before. Greifers are nothing to complain about and if you can't combat them or are stupid enough to fall into their traps then it's your own.. damn.. fault.. Run to the boss next time, suck it up, and get back to the game.. Greifers can't take anything REQUIRED from you in this game.. only options can be taken.. so give up.. and next time put an option for people who have the same feelings I do..

    ^This.

    avatar
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2770
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-03-12
    Age : 28
    Location : East Coast , USA

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by FruitPunchNinja on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:27 am

    Yes i agree with pwnage and Alundil. Also i love your new avatar Al.
    avatar
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1435
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-04-09
    Location : Scotland

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by Knight Alundil on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:28 am

    FruitPunchNinja wrote:Yes i agree with pwnage and Alundil. Also i love your new avatar Al.

    Grazi big grin It pretty much sums up DkS for me!

    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:33 am

    A simple question is this, do you support Dragon Glitch invaders whether at low or high level? Because there is little difference between that and someone with a demon spear at low level to a new player. As Sieg said, it seems like people seem to forget their roots. Griefing scares away potential players and potential people to join our community.

    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 211
    Reputation : -5
    Join date : 2012-02-22
    Age : 25
    Location : In a bong

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by goober0331 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:35 am

    When I typically hear "griefer" used in Dark Souls I think of either:

    1. Low-lvl invaders with high-lvl gear fighting against low-lvl (most often new) players, thus resulting in very easy kills, and very small amount of souls gathered.

    2. High-lvl gangbangers/gankers. 2v1, 3v1 fighters who in my experience tend to almost exclusively be higher levels (100+)

    Now I usually only invade in the Forest and Anor Lando, where the griefing runs rampant. But I see it as a unique challenge to infuriate the griefers when I beat them, and then proceed to read the endless hate mail lol.

    I feel that low-lvl griefing and gangbanging defeat the purpose of the game, which is to put yourself against a challenge which you might not necessarily be able to accomplish on the first try.

    I also believe that most of the low-lvl griefers resort to the BB glitch, which again defeats the purpose of the game and enables players to cheat.
    avatar
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 125
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-09-12
    Age : 24

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by Dante_000 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:36 am

    Siegfried. wrote:Regular griefing is restricted by soul level, though, which does a decent job of ensuring that players have comparable gear.

    But a new player going through the Burg for the first time doesn't deserve to be invaded by some joker with a lightning claymore +5 and a fully upgraded set of armour.

    It might be tolerable to a lot of us, but a lot of us were also playing this game upon release, and multiplayer didn't really start in earnest until after the Parish. Remember that there are only ten Cracked Red Eye Orbs in the game unless you join the Darkwraith Covenant, so invasion options were initially slim. Most of us benefited from general ignorance about the game and out first "invasion" was Kirk in the Depths.

    For many new players, their first invasion comes during a time they're still coming to grips with the game in the Burg or Parish. And that would be fine if it were just people who had found the Firelink Shrine invasion orbs, or ones who knew where they were and were starting out honestly themselves. But the bulk of early invaders use elemental weapons and heavily upgraded armour and shields, ensuring that new players have an exceedingly negative experience of multiplayer as soon as they start.

    I think a fair few of us have forgotten that this is a difficult game. We've all probably beaten it about a dozen times and half of us have done some kind of challenge run. One griefer seems like nothing in the face of that; a temporary setback during a much harder task. But a new player doesn't get the benefit of having that initial, "pure" experience of the Burg and Parish. And I'm reasonably sure anyone who was playing this game upon release had that "pure" experience.

    So it's disappointing that new players can no longer have that. While one can play offline, that also means losing out on multiplayer content, and my friend on PC doesn't even get that option, his only recourse being to use Alt+F4 whenever he gets invaded. It's sad that his default assumption is that an invader will be some fool with a lightning weapon +5.

    I don't care much about griefers who grief within the balance parameters of the game. When I first saw a video of Catacombs griefing, using the bridge controls with Chameleon, I thought it was hilarious and wanted to pat the guy on the back. That's a fun and creative way to go about it. Or when I saw a video about someone who waited around in human form to be invaded, only to use Undead Rapport on a tough enemy and buff them with the Channeller's Trident.

    But I can't condone the damage glitch griefing does to the experiences of new players and the lack of benefit it has for anyone else. And I don't think we should want the kind of people who glitch low level characters with incredible gear in our community; these people are seeking to dominate those weaker than them by any means necessary, and while they may not do this in real life, it reveals some exceedingly dark things about how they think of others and what they want in their lives.

    So, griefing? Dark Souls is built for it, sure enough. But glitching and griefing at the same time is a different matter entirely, and falls entirely out of the game's balance considerations and any notion of fair play. After all, if you catch a regular griefer off guard, you earn yourself a fair fight. If you catch a glitching griefer (Batman!) off guard, you'll probably still get defeated because of the massive power imbalance.

    This sums up my opinion perfectly, I would rep you up but I have no idea how to xD
    avatar
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1435
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-04-09
    Location : Scotland

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by Knight Alundil on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:37 am

    Tolvo wrote:A simple question is this, do you support Dragon Glitch invaders whether at low or high level? Because there is little difference between that and someone with a demon spear at low level to a new player. As Sieg said, it seems like people seem to forget their roots. Griefing scares away potential players and potential people to join our community.

    I wouldn't put griefing in the same category as glitching, but im no 100% sure that's what you were saying so correct me if i'm wrong.

    Also what you said about scaring away new players for the community. Uhm... this is going to get called elitist because of course I can see how it is but i've always thought if you made it to the end of dark souls and went into the pvp areas etc. you were more... I dono hardcore than the people who quit out lol!

    I went through my share of low level invasions/glitch invasions that blew my mind when I started but it only made me enjoy the game more and try harder. I have many friends who I tried to get into DkS but when they got invaded at low levels by someone with endgame gear they claimed the game had a stupid system and it wasn't fair etc. and quit out.

    I'm sure you know what I mean and like I said i'm waiting to be called elitist but it's really how I feel about DkS compared to other games. happy

    avatar
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 466
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-07-27
    Location : Runnemede, NJ

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:39 am

    Tolvo wrote:A simple question is this, do you support Dragon Glitch invaders whether at low or high level? Because there is little difference between that and someone with a demon spear at low level to a new player. As Sieg said, it seems like people seem to forget their roots. Griefing scares away potential players and potential people to join our community.

    I don't support them, but they're slow moving as well as counterable. And if you really don't want them you can just dc or enter the boss fog or just run away and black crystal if you're invading them. They're greifing and if you don't like it, don't deal with it. It WILL happen in the game that you will be greifed and loose, it's an online game with greifing potential, there are people who will do it, but why whine about it why not just take the loss, counter it next time? Humanity isn't hard to farm, or if you're a serious pvper.. humanity is infinite. I don't support glitchs being used to greif, atleast glitches like the dhead roar or knife glitch, buuuuuuttttt, they're there, they happen, get over it. My take on it happy


    _________________
    .Silence is Golden.
    avatar
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 162
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-09-25
    Age : 26
    Location : Odnol Rona - UK

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by OrnsteinFanBoy on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:43 am

    Dragon glitching is horrible the one thing I would place lower than any other cheesy way of playing. At least ganking, lagstabbing, chain stabbing , poise stunlocking etc are all just ways of the playing the game within the rules. Even if we don't like them the people the do these things aren't cheating they're just playing the game in a way that we happen not to agree with, which is fine.

    Dragon glitching is cheating plain and simple, exploiting a fault in the coding to ruin someone else's experience makes you a ****.

    Don't let it ruin your day though, just accept that these people exist and you will encounter them then fight someone who's playing fair like most people who play PvP


    Last edited by OrnsteinFanBoy on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by Tolvo on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:43 am

    The issue is how Dark Souls works. It is a difficult game and it kills you for your mistakes. You die because you didn't dodge at the right time, you are wearing the wrong type of gear for the zone, or because you fell for a hinted trap.

    If a player is invaded by someone ninja flipping with a long spear and +10 armor, they can out dodge and play them for minutes and will still likely die. What did they do wrong? What are they being punished for, playing the game?

    There is being "Hardcore," and there is hurting the community. I'm talking about griefing in the idea of someone BB glitching over gear and using it to kill undergeared players who are just starting out. Meaning, they are glitching regardless. Whether using a dragon roar to infinitely stun someone or invading with gear that will cause the invader to require 40 strikes to be killed but they can kill the host in one hit, really there is no difference. It's using a glitch to gain an advantage over others.

    Dark Souls is about being punished for your mistakes, what are the players being punished for by the griefers. The fact that they're playing the game?
    avatar
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 466
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-07-27
    Location : Runnemede, NJ

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:45 am

    Tolvo wrote:The issue is how Dark Souls works. It is a difficult game and it kills you for your mistakes. You die because you didn't dodge at the right time, you are wearing the wrong type of gear for the zone, or because you fell for a hinted trap.

    If a player is invaded by someone ninja flipping with a long spear and +10 armor, they can out dodge and play them for minutes and will still likely die. What did they do wrong? What are they being punished for, playing the game?

    There is being "Hardcore," and there is hurting the community. I'm talking about griefing in the idea of someone BB glitching over gear and using it to kill undergeared players who are just starting out. Meaning, they are glitching regardless. Whether using a dragon roar to infinitely stun someone or invading with gear that will cause the invader to require 40 strikes to be killed but they can kill the host in one hit, really there is no difference. It's using a glitch to gain an advantage over others.

    Dark Souls is about being punished for your mistakes, what are the players being punished for by the griefers. The fact that they're playing the game?

    The fact that they went human. That was their mistake. They were human. Nobody is every FORCED to be human, they reverse hollowing they deserve an invasion because it's part of the game. They don't NEED help to beat it, they want help to make it easier for them because they're having to much trouble. That is what they're being punished for. Not beating the game before the invader and going human KNOWING they can get invaded. happy


    _________________
    .Silence is Golden.
    avatar
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 263
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-09-09
    Age : 22
    Location : England

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by Peaceful Wollyhop on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:48 am

    1) Glitching leads to grief so I would put them in the same catergory

    2) Like others have said the people that are saying to get over greifing are experienced players who obviously know the game and can 'just get over it', but not everyone is like that and/or new to the game so they cannot necessarily deal with it in the same way and are very negatively affected by it, or put off the game by it

    3) New players will not understand the whole game so they do not necessarily know to just stay hollow

    4) In short just because you don't think it's a problem doesn't mean that everyone else feels the same way and can just deal with it

    Sponsored content

    Re: trolololololo

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:50 pm