callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: Wish list for Dark Souls 2...

Post by callipygias on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:49 pm

Make bows buffable.

"It's just common sense to NOT go into battle naked." ~ Yarxov

"Billy - what type of gladiator do you plan on being?" ~ TehInfamousAmos

"Troll the big drunk guy at the bar. Get punched in the face. Repeat until desire to troll is gone." ~ Forum Pirate

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:53 pm

Maybe; but it might just make certain things never used. In Dark Souls, there's some weapons that only get used for the laughs; same with shields. They really don't hav ea good place in the game.

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:57 pm

I also wish there was a difficulty setting (allowing you to start on NG+). That way, coop would be more difficult/dangerous.

Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:58 pm

Maybe; but it might just make certain things never used. In Dark Souls, there's some weapons that only get used for the laughs; same with shields. They really don't hav ea good place in the game.

I think my suggestion would improve that rather than reinforce it. There's no reason any weapon can't be made useful in some way or another with free upgrade options, especially with a bound spell. Daggers aren't often used in PvP apart from parry spammers and backstab fishers, but what if it had a spell that was unleashed with its heavy attack? So immediately, a dagger is a good way to get a fast casting of a bound spell. And knowing that it won't do much damage, perhaps you upgrade its bleeding effect a few times, plus increase its critical damage.

So now? What was once a pretty worthless dagger unleashes a spell, causes bleeding easily and enjoys massive criticals, paying for that with unimpressive base damage and basic scaling. It might not be the most efficient choice for dealing raw damage, but it now has multiple applications via the free build system.

Not that I can't see how it might be abused, mind. It would obviously have to be carefully balanced, but a certain amount of balance would be inherent if existing weapons are the templates.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:05 pm