Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
DoughGuy
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Mr. Tart
SlakeMoth
Knight Alundil
JoeBroski09
bmurn
callipygias
cloudyeki
Spurgun
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
skarekrow13
16 posters

A new entry into the "most tragic character" sweepstakes....

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

A new entry into the "most tragic character" sweepstakes.... - Page 2 Empty Re: A new entry into the "most tragic character" sweepstakes....

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:50 pm

Another tragedy :x
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

A new entry into the "most tragic character" sweepstakes.... - Page 2 Empty Re: A new entry into the "most tragic character" sweepstakes....

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:27 pm

and then there's the bloated hollows... that has to suck.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:35 pm

From the poison clouds I think it must blow actually. Sorry couldn't help it (except I could but didn't). Agreed too by the way. Particularly if you read my utter nonsense discussion on Jeremiah in which I characterize him as a cruel taskmaster who brought pyromancy and destruction to the painted world.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 pm

I lost all sympathy for these 2 when they literally leap frog flame breathed me from one end of the roof and back. 5minutes of constant rolling to dodge the bastards.
    Hellion7776
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hellion7776 Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:32 am

Spurgun wrote:I dare you to make the pinwheels seem pitiable.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!
    -------------------------------------
    Bonewheel skeletons... they truly are a tragic tale.

All alone in his quiet little coffin shaped room, Pinwheel meticulously pieces together each and every skeleton for the catacombs and Hall of the Giants. Then a thought occurs to him... why not make them twisted and disturbed as he himself has become. Multiple heads? No no... that would only put them on par with his own misery, he must think darker and more sinister... long bladed arms with no way to even scratch his own back or
    piece himself together again... NO! These puny Skeletons must suffer as none
    have suffered before...

THAT'S IT!!! Rebuild them inside a war-wagon wheel! These creatures shall never know
    peace, shall never know rest. Their purpose in existence to wander and roll as
    if they are the embodiment of the very wheel their misshapen forms have been
    built around.

As Pinwheel begins his maniacal construction, he summons each skeleton one at a time into his dark dwelling. Then uses his lanterns to suck the life from each being then
    proceeds to shape them one at a time. Each one conjoined travesties of nature
    interwoven inside Bonewheel shields provided by the equally dark and twisted
    Blacksmith Vamos.

Upon completion, each Bonewheel Skeleton is released back up onto the great bonepile of the catacombs, to wander in despair. Never free to climb back up to the upper reaches, towards the surface... towards a chance to regain their humanity... towards a chance to
    become normal once again. Their clawing hands rip and tear at the walls and at
    the ladders, never able to climb due to the immense weight they have been
    reconstructed around. They wander listless, hopeless and heartless praying from
    sweet release. Looking longingly at the Black Night ordered to watch them and
    ensure that they do indeed suffer well. Knowing his Great Axe he wields could
    easily cleave the foreign bodies from their very being.

WHAT’S THIS??? A crash near the black forge draws their attention as a stranger emerges from the dust and rubble. THEIR SAVIOR! In their elation, they run towards the light bringer only to find that the wheel has an ulterior purpose. As they run to
    seek release, the Bonewheel begins to turn. Lustily seeking destruction and
    mayhem as Pinwheel had planned.

NO they scream in silence as they kill one after another would-be saviors. The blood still fresh on the spikes... As the shimmering light of humanity fades from the undead
    savior, so does the blackness begin it's slow march back over the pile.

Last edited by Hellion7776 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited to fix formatting)
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:12 am

cloudyeki wrote:What about the undead dragons? Once immortal beasts of immeasurable grandeur now rotting away without their stone scales. The one within the valley of the drakes is immobile, stuck on a ledge with broken wings and lacking legs, while the other in the painted world is wedged into the bridge, with it's hind legs broken off as soon as it crawls forward.

Yes, now these I really do feel sorry for, in fact when I came across the one in Valley of the Drakes (new character) a few nights ago I didn't want to kill it, poor old thing, (no really) so I tried running past it and it killed me instead.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:08 am

@Hellion. +1 to you, you actually made me pity them sad

So we have come to the conclusion that nothing in the DkS world is happy?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:16 am

Domnhall seems happy! As does Oswald.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:01 am

Seigmeyer is pretty cheerful too and Lautrec laughs a lot. I would say Chesty LaRue but that girl is so fake.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:04 am

Rickert is happy I reckon, in his own little world silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:08 am

I doubt that. He knows I'm coming for him.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:26 am

DoughGuy wrote:Domnhall seems happy! As does Oswald.

Oswald thrives on misery, so it only makes sense that he's happy.
    And Domnhall escaped from Seath before he was "turned over" like his other friend was. (My personal theory that he used to live in the Archives before).
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:28 am

Did the mysterious merchant make a deal with Seath hmmm?
    Goddamn that man is annoying me lorewise!
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:29 am

First off, the Gargoyles are constructs, monstrous beasts that eat humans. Kill em all.

This reminds me of real life... I used to live in Northern Ontario, Canada. Most of the population of ontario is as far south as they can get. They voted as a province to end bear hunting in the springtime, when the bears are nice and lean and you'd actually want to hunt them. Reason being, was the occasional mother was killed (not allowed) and the cubs would have to fend for themselves (and usually couldn't).

Bear meat in the fall is gross... really fatty and gamey. Everyone stopped hunting bear, and we have tons of them. Because they multiply like crazy in the wild, there's not enough food, so more and more come into the towns/cities. Go to the dump at night, you'll see a dozen or more eating trash. So even more incentive that people don't want to hunt and eat an animal that feasts on garbage.

So now there has been increasing amounts of bear attacks, and all the people that say "poor beast, so pitiful" don't have to deal with them on a regular basis.

Pity for these things that have killed me over and over? Not likely. They attack on sight. Kill these monsters and stick their heads on pikes!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:31 am

Proof the gargoyles are constructs? The helm implies they are living
    This bronze helm was for mere appearance's sake, as gargoyle skin is
    naturally hard
    . Little in the ways of defense can be expected from it."
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:34 am

Not necessarily; anything that needs protecting would have armour. Boars are covered in armour, and I think they're constructs as well.

Look at the Gargoyles; they can barely move! They are completely rusted. Either they're in hibernation so long that some kind of crust accumulates on them that they need to shake off, or they're some kind of construct.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:36 am

Hmm... looks like I stand corrected. They are an 'enchanted creature' whatever that means.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:38 am

I think you didnt see my edited post.
    God its been ages since Ive looked up descriptions for proof.
    Severed head of the fully-armored Fang Boar taken by the one who killed it as proof of his victory, just as the Gods once did with the head of the ancient dragon.
    Can be worn on the head as a surprisingly sound piece of protective gear."

The boar's armour is part of its body. You are cutting off part of its body and wearing it. Its different to the gargoyles helm. But read my edited post, I changed my point because I realised it wasnt correct.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:39 am

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Hmm... looks like I stand corrected. They are an 'enchanted creature' whatever that means.
    Creature implies living, enchanted means magic was applied to it. Lore nuts, who did this magic?!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:58 am

Someone in Anor Londo likely since there's fully functioning ones there. The Belltower trio are in shambles so my guess is they are either stronger nearer their origins or there were more there indicating a higher likelihood of intact ones. Conversely though it could be argued that the older ones at the tower are the original ones and the Anor Londo ones are the young chippies that migrated.

Speaking of lore and evidence WE'RE the monster in the game:
    Often Gargoyles are placed to ward off evil, only becoming active when needed to perform this task.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:01 am

So they're living, but don't need to eat...? And can stay stationary for extremely long periods at a time?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:03 am

Yes. Much like Garden Gnomes. With axes.
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dante_000 Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:04 am

Maybe they hibernate,gargoyles do hibernate right? RIGHT?!
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:09 am

Maybe the enchantment was what made them hibernate, and it would wake them up when someone comes.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Maybe Timmy super glued is brothers feet to the tower?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 pm