Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Share

    Poll

    Which is the most sensible points cap?

    [ 6 ]
    22% [22%] 
    [ 7 ]
    26% [26%] 
    [ 3 ]
    11% [11%] 
    [ 11 ]
    41% [41%] 

    Total Votes: 27
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by WyrmHero on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:04 pm

    So let's discuss this here. This thread is mainly for covenant leaders but any member can vote and propose ideas on the scoring system. Last war, we had an average of 200 points per player, with the lowest ranging from ~100, to the medium and most credible ones ranging around 300 and the crazy and unbelievable +700 points.

    Either way, the scoring system needs a serious balance. What I'm proposing is a simple points cap of 400, due to experience of past wars some members I know were working super hard to reach this number that seems almost impossible to get. Also I'm proposing a simple scoring system for the invaders and gravelords based on our past mass invasions and the rarity of the target.

    1 point per host/DW/DM
    2 points per SoV/guilty host/phantom

    Gankers, 2vs1 and 3vs1 points could be added but they aren't needed if we want things simple. Doughguy came up with the genius idea for the coop points system which I'm alterating a bit.

    1 for passing one area
    2 for invader during a coop
    3 or 5 points per boss

    This scoring system got around 100 points average per player, with the highest being 200 I think. Maybe bosses should score more. I leave this open for discussion.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 2008
    Reputation : 71
    Join date : 2012-05-30
    Location : ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by Wilkinson3424 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:05 pm

    A point cap is a good idea so people who have too much time on their hands (amos) dont score 04385729438570 points.


    _________________

    "You never truly discover the nature of a weapon until you pretend to be it's former master"

    avatar
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7873
    Reputation : 136
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 24
    Location : The Executive Members Boardroom

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by ViralEnsign_ on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:06 pm

    I prefer the Timed Scoring suggestion Rooster made to a specific points cap. If we are limited to two or three hour sessions then it becomes very clear which points are valid and which arent. I this way people can still score well.....just not ridiculously well.


    _________________




    PSN- ViralEnsign_

    [[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶_◀◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶_◀◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by WyrmHero on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:11 pm

    Oh and I forgot. Each covenant should do their respective roles (looking at you Viral). This means Gravelord will only gravelord, NK should only coop, Dried Finger only host and invaders invade.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4318
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 22

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by dancash1808 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:14 pm

    How big is "an area" for the co op. I still think that co op is under valued.
    although it varies massively between zones. (Eg archives and PW are good co op zones whereas stuff like LI would be terribad)

    And I think possibly hosts should get 3 points a piece and Darkmoons 2.


    And just out of interest. what do we want to decide who wins wars? do we want it to be skill. or number of active players. or time invested. or what? because that effects a few of the parameters I think....


    _________________
    "Quotes seem to be popular with you people"-Acidic cook
    You should all play league with me! twisted http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=506391218392b408980226
    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by billy_bayonet on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:15 pm

    i voted for 500


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by WyrmHero on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:16 pm

    I want to test the covenant as a whole.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by WyrmHero on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:17 pm

    billy_bayonet wrote:i voted for 500

    I thought you were going for 400, seeing as last wars you worked super hard to reach 300.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by billy_bayonet on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:19 pm

    wel actually i was quite lazy kept taking breaks if i had no life "cough" Servant "cough" then i could wack out 500 easily


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by WyrmHero on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:20 pm

    I'm going for 24 hours btw.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by billy_bayonet on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:21 pm

    like i said if i had no life i could crack out 500 points in abotu 10 hours maybe, depending on where the place is


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    avatar
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 7873
    Reputation : 136
    Join date : 2012-02-18
    Age : 24
    Location : The Executive Members Boardroom

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by ViralEnsign_ on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:22 pm

    WyrmHero wrote:Oh and I forgot. Each covenant should do their respective roles (looking at you Viral). This means Gravelord will only gravelord, NK should only coop, Dried Finger only host and invaders invade.

    Im not a Gravelord anymore.....


    _________________




    PSN- ViralEnsign_

    [[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶_◀◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶_◀◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY
    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by billy_bayonet on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:22 pm

    Also is this for teh Next war which is sposed to be RSS so points cant be fiddled?


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by WyrmHero on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:25 pm

    billy_bayonet wrote:Also is this for teh Next war which is sposed to be RSS so points cant be fiddled?

    No this is for wars like the one we had. By the way highest score in the mass invasion was ~220.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5912
    Reputation : 177
    Join date : 2012-02-27
    Age : 28
    Location : ENGLAND!!!

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by billy_bayonet on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:26 pm

    well done who ever got that, well i did say to you before im all for a points Cap, But there is an issue of The person with eth most peopel being dominant


    _________________
    "War is based on deception"- Sun Tzu

    "No matter how honourable you think you are we all have a darkside"
    Despair shall become you


    lordgodofhell wrote:I love receiving hatemail but this is more like stupidmail on his part. Still, I can feel his pain. I mean, we all know Billy is OP need nerf.

    Graelaoch wrote:! Oh yes, Billy is Op and needs nerf. laughing
    avatar
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4318
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 22

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by dancash1808 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:38 pm

    Indeed. however I think at most one dedicated player should be able to equal out 3/4 people who put in a nights worth of play. otherwise it just gets silly both lore wise and play wise.



    _________________
    "Quotes seem to be popular with you people"-Acidic cook
    You should all play league with me! twisted http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=506391218392b408980226
    avatar
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2582
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2012-08-11
    Age : 21
    Location : with my pack of wolves

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by twilightwarwolf on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:09 pm

    honestly i think there shouldnt be a cap but keep an idea of how long players are on because it would seem a lil ridiculus to get 500 pionts in an hour or 2 but if there had to be a cap 500 would be my vote.


    _________________
    THE EXILED OF ARIAMIS hunt, with fierce dedication, those who enter the Painted World...Our Realm...and contemplate harm toward Our Queen. We also seek retribution for the past wrongs done to Our Queen and those She shelters.

    You learn more from failure than from success.

    "People have a lot of questions, So do I." Morgan Freeman

    "I'm not racist, I'm a pianist, I push down both black and white"
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by Shkar on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:19 pm

    billy_bayonet wrote:well done who ever got that, well i did say to you before im all for a points Cap, But there is an issue of The person with eth most peopel being dominant

    Most people don't get anywhere NEAR the cap. Every time I see the points being posted in war threads, it's typically in the hundreds, if that.


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    avatar
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4318
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 22

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by dancash1808 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:27 pm

    Depends shkar. last war I am pretty confident I could have hit at least 300 had RL not called. (that also assumes I didnt get bored of the terribad hosts and THAT AWFUL ALARM SOUND I mean seriously. who leaves that on D:)


    _________________
    "Quotes seem to be popular with you people"-Acidic cook
    You should all play league with me! twisted http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=506391218392b408980226
    avatar
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1612
    Reputation : 86
    Join date : 2012-07-27

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by Jansports on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:58 pm

    This is an interesting topic. Basically there are a number of ways this could work, it all depends on what you want to reward. As it is now(or was during the Duke's event) A very dedicated person could accrue so many points because over a 24 hour period they have thousands of chances of invading/hosting/Cooping/GLing what have you. This system directly rewards time investment over any other parameter. Skill, number of members, these take a backseat to sheer volume.

    If you impose a stricter time limit. (Say 3 hours total over the 24 hour period) Then number of active members moves to the front, as 15 members on side A get 45 total hours while side B's 23 members get 69 full hours to earn points in. It's the same problem as before, Quantity is valued over quality.

    Then again this is Honorabu duels in the burg, this is WAR. All things being equal the side with more people would normally win. So it's hard to say what's "Fair" in this situation.
    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by cloudyeki on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:31 pm

    Jansports wrote:This is an interesting topic. Basically there are a number of ways this could work, it all depends on what you want to reward. As it is now(or was during the Duke's event) A very dedicated person could accrue so many points because over a 24 hour period they have thousands of chances of invading/hosting/Cooping/GLing what have you. This system directly rewards time investment over any other parameter. Skill, number of members, these take a backseat to sheer volume.

    If you impose a stricter time limit. (Say 3 hours total over the 24 hour period) Then number of active members moves to the front, as 15 members on side A get 45 total hours while side B's 23 members get 69 full hours to earn points in. It's the same problem as before, Quantity is valued over quality.

    Then again this is Honorabu duels in the burg, this is WAR. All things being equal the side with more people would normally win. So it's hard to say what's "Fair" in this situation.

    Honorabu warfare? In my covenant wars? more likely than I'd like.

    I still vote for the 3 time groups over, so it can be a bit more strategic than "gather everyone and have them sit their for 24 hours with a constant flow of blood to their coffee stream".


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

    Posts : 11862
    Reputation : 319
    Join date : 2012-02-29
    Age : 23
    Location : The Bakery of Souls, Sydney

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by DoughGuy on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:45 pm

    So cut you made this without me Wyrm, stealing my idea sad
    Will respond more after breakfast.


    _________________
    There's more to them - Want to know why your favourite NPC is in lordran? Find out here.
    Farewell to my Noble Knights, while we lived we were mighty. May we meet again in the next game.
    The post that started the legend XD
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by Shkar on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:36 pm

    cloudyeki wrote:
    Jansports wrote:This is an interesting topic. Basically there are a number of ways this could work, it all depends on what you want to reward. As it is now(or was during the Duke's event) A very dedicated person could accrue so many points because over a 24 hour period they have thousands of chances of invading/hosting/Cooping/GLing what have you. This system directly rewards time investment over any other parameter. Skill, number of members, these take a backseat to sheer volume.

    If you impose a stricter time limit. (Say 3 hours total over the 24 hour period) Then number of active members moves to the front, as 15 members on side A get 45 total hours while side B's 23 members get 69 full hours to earn points in. It's the same problem as before, Quantity is valued over quality.

    Then again this is Honorabu duels in the burg, this is WAR. All things being equal the side with more people would normally win. So it's hard to say what's "Fair" in this situation.

    Honorabu warfare? In my covenant wars? more likely than I'd like.

    I still vote for the 3 time groups over, so it can be a bit more strategic than "gather everyone and have them sit their for 24 hours with a constant flow of blood to their coffee stream".

    Your body sounds horrifying.


    _________________
    XBL GT: DeadlyHeretic
    avatar
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3685
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-19
    Age : 25
    Location : Cali

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by cloudyeki on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:48 am

    Eh, doctor and nurse joke. People wonder WHY I know these jokes and all I gotta say is I'm part filipino, and then they INSTANTLY get how I know them, as well as just general stuff like that.


    _________________
    Spoiler:

    Props to BindMind for the sig!
    avatar
    HippyClown
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 294
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-09-14
    Age : 24
    Location : the woodlands texas

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by HippyClown on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:28 am

    i got the second highest score which was 200 big grin. i had 8 hours left of invasion time, but i decided to sleep instead. i coulda came in first sad


    _________________
    PSN HippyClown

    I enjoy jelly donuts when i have the munchies.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Setting the new points cap, and a balanced scoring system for future wars.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:08 am