Anyone else a completionist/packrat/OCD?

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Anyone else a completionist/packrat/OCD?

Post by IV_Mark_VI on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:42 am

Hey guys,

No matter how many times I play this game, I have the urge to collect every single dohickey lying around no matter what kind of junk it is, knowing in advance that I'll likely never use it.

This gets me annoyed at myself, but I always say "But what if...?". If I leave it, it leaves an itch in my mind I eventually scratch.

Anyone else like this, or anyone else know what causes this? it's so damn annoying, and it happens even in open ended games. Fallout, I played a ton without getting anywhere, and I was maxed out in terms of gear. Everything was easy as I was collecting 'everything' along the way and looking into every nook and cranny.

Annoys me to no end as I spend my time on stuff that doesn't matter instead of getting to the bits that do, but I feel like I can't help myself.

Anyone else like that out there?

xtal84
    Regular
    Regular

Re: Anyone else a completionist/packrat/OCD?

Post by xtal84 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:17 am

Sure, there are lots of people like this, I'm one. Pick everything up, why not? When you decide your inventory is too cluttered and starts upsetting your compulsive tendencies you have two options:

1. Feed to Frampt and get some free souls. It doesn't seem like you yield that much from him, but it adds up: I dumped two playthroughs worth of extra items into his bottomless gullet once and got over 200k souls. That's not bad.
    2. Just drop everything you don't think you'll ever use and hope that you send someone a vagrant!

Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:45 am

i only did it on ng on all my toons but on ng+ i just skip as much as i can since i noly need spells. borderlands 2 is killing me right now, that thing has SO MUCH LOOT! its hard to keep up and i have to open EVERYTHING since everything is random you never know what kind of goodies or new weapons youre gonna get, its awesome.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:11 pm

I only recently put my nose to the grindstone to complete all the achievements. I was only lacking the Artorias Great Sword created from the broken swords. My original character was the one closest to getting everything but I hadn't played it in a long time. So I'm rollin' NG++, and even though I ONLY needed to get Sif's soul, I collected everything. I couldn't stop myself. I even farmed things... I really didn't need to. So, it's NG++ and I make my stupid sword... no achievement. It had been so long, I had thought I made my GSoA from a broken sword already... so on to NG+++ cuz I was a bonehead. I was better about not getting everything.. but I still had to get all the dragon scales, demon tits, and slabs that I could. Hell, I cursed myself when on NG+++, when I still picked up the Bandit knife and Target shield from the Asylum.

I'm such a packrat. There's a great Youtube video out there that's like an episode of Hoarders only in SKYRIM. Totally my character. I'd link it but I'm at work and unable to do so =/

Xbla/Dark Souls - EveryNevers
    PSN/Demon's Souls - TheEveryNevers
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:13 pm

Im the opposite I like having shinies all around and never pick anything up but what I have to for that build.....and if I get any new items in my inventory that upsets my carefully selected and numbered items.... they gets thrown the hell out!

PSN- ViralEnsign_

[[11:09:53 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": The sexual tension is enough to blow wyrms head off
    [11:10:04 p.m.] Kwith: Woah.
    [11:10:08 p.m.] Kwith: ..Woah.
    [11:10:14 p.m.] Robb "the Ensign_": FATALITY!
    [11:10:16 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    [11:10:19 p.m.] Tolvo: You want to see sexual tension.
    [11:10:20 p.m.] ◥▶️_◀️◤ TehInfamousAmos: BEASTIALITY
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:18 pm

Everynevers wrote:I only recently put my nose to the grindstone to complete all the achievements. I was only lacking the Artorias Great Sword created from the broken swords. My original character was the one closest to getting everything but I hadn't played it in a long time. So I'm rollin' NG++, and even though I ONLY needed to get Sif's soul, I collected everything. I couldn't stop myself. I even farmed things... I really didn't need to. So, it's NG++ and I make my stupid sword... no achievement. It had been so long, I had thought I made my GSoA from a broken sword already... so on to NG+++ cuz I was a bonehead. I was better about not getting everything.. but I still had to get all the dragon scales, demon tits, and slabs that I could. Hell, I cursed myself when on NG+++, when I still picked up the Bandit knife and Target shield from the Asylum.

I'm such a packrat. There's a great Youtube video out there that's like an episode of Hoarders only in SKYRIM. Totally my character. I'd link it but I'm at work and unable to do so =/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9sE8Xyids4 winking

Neowraith - Scarred Lord
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:40 pm

That is the one, Phoenix Rising.

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:32 pm

My dream in skyrim is to fill that room with jems. A huge pile of gems.

I pick up most everthing i can find any use for, in every game. even if i never use it.

We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero on Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:48 pm

That's why I hate the overcumbered system in some RPG. Why limit my loot gathering skillz????

Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT on Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:04 pm

WyrmHero wrote:That's why I hate the overcumbered system in some RPG. Why limit my loot gathering skillz????

THAT is the only thing i dont like about borderlands 2, other than that i think its perfect. damn them i want ALL the weapons at the same time since i dont know when im gonna need a certain element and i dont wanna get back to sanctuary and then go back to the mission.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers on Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:09 pm

In Fable III, I really wanted to be able to swim in my money-pit a la Scrooge McDuck.

Wt limits? They hurt my soul...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:45 pm