PvE character turned PvP, tips?

Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

PvE character turned PvP, tips?

Post by Cabjoy on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:41 am

Hi all, I've been running through PvE with a Thief starter class, just having fun parrying my way to success and buffing my Bandit's Knife. I think I want to start using this for PvP, so I plan on making some adjustments, focusing on Chaos Blade as my weapon of choic. What do you guys think of this stat spread?

http://tinyurl.com/8c3ax3y

I'll look more into armour as I progress through PvP, and will likely change parts (Though I like the look of the thief's load out)

Also I would like to maintain light roll, will likely use Black bow of Pharis at times, and will happily change the hornet ring for something else. (Though I do like the idea of forcing myself to learn parrying to make this build more effective)

Thoughts? happy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Re: PvE character turned PvP, tips?

Post by Cabjoy on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:42 am

Just realised I've got mid roll on here.... DOH!
    Looks like I'll be subbing Hornet ring for FaP...

http://tinyurl.com/9l9xeoo
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:27 pm

For the 80, it looks good to me.

The 120 has a couple adjustments. Cap dex at 45 (save 1 point), cap vitality at 45-50 (save 2-7 poionts). Add those to End to get more equip weight.

For Vitality, I put my other stats where I want them, then balance Vit and End to give me a good balance.

Dex-related damage caps essentially at 40. Spell casting speed caps at 45 (hence why I said 45). Vitality has diminishing returns after 40 and significantly after 50. Other stats become more important after your vit is 45-50.

The other thing is parry timing is way different in PvP vs PvE. My parry ability in PvE is screwed up because I'm used to the PvP timing. Just fair warning.

PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Better? :

http://tinyurl.com/9hddygx

Thanks for the advice btw happy Really helps!
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:21 pm

I have 4 suggestions:

1. Pick up Fire Tempest. Try it too (in place of Fire Surge) for variations. It can be a good surprise. Especially if you toss Great Chaos Fireball in the ground and cast FT ASAP.

2. The Black Bow of Pharis isn't all its cracked up to be. The composite bow has a faster draw and only a few points weaker. Faster draw is much more important in PvP. The short bow is a good alternative. It doesn't hit as hard, but draws faster than the composite bow (IIRC). But the short bow and see what you like. Make sure you equip poison arrows. Maybe fire arrows as a backup. Poison arrows deal surprising damage, plus the poison effect is important.

3. Also, pick up the Red Tearstone Ring. Swap it for the Wolf's ring when you are low on health. Your arrows will be impressive then (not to mention your GC).

4. Finally, don't rely on your pyro as much. Use it to augment your melee. You aren't wearing any pyro boosting equipment (crown of dusk or bellowing dragoncrest ring). So, your pyro won't be as powerful.

Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:19 pm

Yeah I was just kinda throwing the pyromancies on as a back up more than anything, and most likely use it for zoning as opposed to actually doing damage. I'll take a look at these other bows too happy

And what do you mean by augmenting my melee? (I'm new to this... haha)

Because when I think of augmenting a weapon, I think of elemental resins, or SB/DMB.
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:54 pm

I mean using melee as your primary attack and pyro as a secondary attack, or as a way to keep your opponent off guard.

Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:50 pm

Yeah pretty much my thoughts happy Thanks for all the tips! Hopefully the build works out alright for me haha

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:20 pm