Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Question about weapon improvement

Pherion

Question about weapon improvement Empty Question about weapon improvement

Post by Pherion Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Hello everyone. I'm new here and I've gotten Dark Souls not to long ago and so far so good. happy

However an accident happen the other day...where I killed Blacksmith Andrei(The only one I had) because of badly grabbing the PS3 controller I pressed the powerfull attack button when I was right in front of him, and well...you can guess the rest. xD

After raging for an hour about it, I noticed I got no way to increase my weapons. I bought the smithboxes and all those things from him before he died though.

I have a Claymore +5 and for some strange reason I can't upgrade it more. I had hoped to enchance it to +15(max I believe) but I just can't do it. Now I found another blacksmith on New Londo Ruins and he gives me magic enhancement.

The question is, If I have a Claymore doing 115 physical damage also doing 116 magic damage, does it mean that it will deal 231 damage in total? If so then it's greatly much more powerfull then just plain +5.
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Question about weapon improvement Empty Re: Question about weapon improvement

Post by Pratix Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:24 pm

Well it has to go through 2 defenses. So it really depends on the Magic level. If you using pure strength on the claymore, I've got bad news for you son. I've got 99 problems, but a dead blacksmith ain't one...

Anyway, my best bet is restart. It take 30 minutes to get back to Andrei.
    Pherion

Post by Pherion Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:36 am

Restart? O.o

I already did so much and i'm lvl 67. I'll take my chances with the claymore. I really don't wanna stop now.

I'll have to see what I can do.
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:42 am

If you're level 67, using a magic claymore as your primary weapon, then you should also have some intelligence and attunement investment. Magic (and enchanted) weapons scale with intelligence, which is also used to cast spells. However, you need attunement for spell slots.

+15 is generally the best kind of weapon in terms of pure damage dealing, but magic/enchanted/divine/occult weapons are still very powerful when used by the right character. Such weapons are the best way to get unbuffed damage from those characters, plus you should be able to cast some spells for additional support.
    Pherion

Post by Pherion Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:47 am

I intentionally just wanted pure damage, so +15 was my goal. But I don't know how to do it. sad

I still havent done anything to it. It's still normal claymore +5 and no, I have no int or anything for spells to be honest. Only thing I use is some pyro stuff.
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:59 am

One thing you could do is use a boss weapon via giant blacksmith ascension. There's a few weapons in the game you can find that can be "dialed down" to +10 via any blacksmith and then turned into a special weapon via the giant blacksmith in Anor Londo.

There are two major examples I know of:

Firstly, the lightning spear you find in Sen's Fortress can be taken down to a spear +10 and then ascended into the Dragonslayer Spear if you have the Soul of Ornstein. It requires both 24 strength and dexterity.

Secondly, the crystal halberd you find early in Anor Londo can (I believe) be taken down to a halberd +10, which can then be ascended into the Lifehunt Scyth with the Soul of Priscilla. You'll need 16 strength and 14 dexterity.

This kind of weapon only goes to +5, but they usually have really good scaling and base damage. To upgrade them, you need to have Demon titanite, which can be gathered from the moving, headless statues you find here and there.
    Pherion

Post by Pherion Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:03 am

So, demon titanite can upgrade my claymore? I haven't seen those headless statues yet I believe.

Either that or a boss weapon.
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:45 am

Only the boss weapons, I'm afraid.
    Pherion

Post by Pherion Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:50 am

So confusing. Is this because I dont have that blacksmith?

Because on this page http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Claymore suposevely I can get it to +15 sad
    DaemonNacht
    DaemonNacht
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DaemonNacht Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:25 am

The upgrade system can be a little confusing.
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Upgrades
    Unfortunately, You killed the only blacksmith capable of pushing your claymore to +6 and above.
    If he was still alive, you'd still need the Large Ember for +6. Then the Very Large Ember for +11.

The chart on the link I gave you will give you your current options. It's a sad day when we accidentally kill our blacksmiths, but it does happen. The only thing you can do is soldier on.
    Pherion

Post by Pherion Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:18 am

I see...Oh well, next time everytime i need to leave the game i need to place my character in a corner far away from everyone.

Thanks for the answers everyone.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:54 am

At the absolute least, you could have a trusted friend take your weapon, upgrade it in their game with your items then give it back to you.

Although make sure it's a very trusted friend.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 pm