Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
nsane32
User
Carphil
Big Ben
Scudman_Slayer
Zakkia
DxV04
11 posters

VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL

Poll

You may choose 3 of the given options below.

[ 15 ]
    VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_lcap21%VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_rcap [21%] 
    [ 16 ]
    VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_lcap23%VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_rcap [23%] 
    [ 14 ]
    VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_lcap20%VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 6 ]
    VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_lcap9%VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 2 ]
    VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_lcap3%VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 8 ]
    VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_lcap11%VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 8 ]
    VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_lcap11%VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 1 ]
    VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_lcap1%VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_rcap [1%] 

Total Votes: 70
    Poll closed
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   Empty VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL

Post by DxV04 Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:38 am

Options:
    #1. Occult damage increased when in darkwraith/gravelord covenant by 10% and a further 15% when black phantom.
    #2. Holy damage increased when in way of white/warrior of sunlight/princess guard covenant by 10% and a further 15% when white phantom.
    #3. Chaos covenant additions: chaos pyromancy scales with invested humanity in covenant/covenant level, Eingy sells cracked red eye orbs.
    #4. Princess guard covenant make invasions on covenant members not possible, but keeps co-op.
    #5. Maximum one phantom summoned against forest hunters and twilight new londo, can only be summoned after successful invasion.
    #6. Multiple covenant spells.
    #7. All of the above.
    #8. none

If none exceeds 50%, none will be included, if it exceeds the votes of an option it will remove it/emphasize it less.

I believe these options are rather self-explanatory, so any questions can be posted here and I, or others, will answer.
    This is not as much of a "fix what's broken" list, but rather a list of different means to give covenants more depths. as it is now, some covenants are simply not worth joining. Some of these additions however, would make various lacking covenants more worthwhile to stay in.

Thank you for your contribution!
    - Vumsy
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   Empty Re: VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL

Post by DxV04 Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:42 am

Same thing as the other polls quote: "As you guys know I have been sharing links to the polls at prepare to die but since we can do polls here I will post them here and pass the data back to Vumsy. FYI, the head moderator from prepare to die works for Namco and is supporting us in this. The poll choice winners will be presented to Namco and hopefully from there to FROM. Please vote!"

By the way I am scared of chaos pyromacy scaling with donated humanity!

I like 1 and 2 because you can be ready for either darkmoon or darkwraith and have some leverage against DMB.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   Empty Re: VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL

Post by Zakkia Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:44 am

Give me 1 & 2 please!! :O! Lol
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:48 am

give me with the multiple covenant spells and number 1 and 2
    Big Ben
    Big Ben
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Big Ben Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:49 am

I have thought about this to, so I agree. Giving covenants true exclusive properties such as weapon buffs and covenant only abilities will actually make other WANT to be in a certain covenant rather then just pride alone. (lets face it some covenants are useless, *cough* princess guard)
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:49 am

Scudman_Slayer wrote:give me with the multiple covenant spells and number 1 and 2

LOL I could see you liking that combo twisted
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:52 am

DxV04 wrote:
    Scudman_Slayer wrote:give me with the multiple covenant spells and number 1 and 2

LOL I could see you liking that combo twisted

twisted twisted twisted

occult claymore will kick ass on invasions

i believe greatsword of artorias also is a divine weapon (it does divine damage i think) So it will also be good for co-op
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:07 am

Dragons should invade ._. It would be so much more fair for them.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:08 am

Big Ben wrote:I have thought about this to, so I agree. Giving covenants true exclusive properties such as weapon buffs and covenant only abilities will actually make other WANT to be in a certain covenant rather then just pride alone. (lets face it some covenants are useless, *cough* princess guard)

don't forget chaos servant (admit it everyone joins it because of the chaos pyromancies)
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:13 am

Zakkia wrote:Dragons should invade ._. It would be so much more fair for them.

Actually yes but where? In the valley of the Drakes? that sounds like fun. (kind of like the forest covenant) also at the dark root basin after the hydra is killed.

That did not come up in the demon souls conversations but it is a great point.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:18 am

if dragon cov could invade i'd like them to invade at ash lake

its perfect for PVP in my opinion

well its huge for one

too bad its unavailable for any sort of online :/
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:24 am

I thought about that but what message is it sending then? We don't want you to join the covenant? Yes I agree is a good spot for PvP but only people who want the scales and want to join go there. So I changed my mind and suggested the other areas.

Player:

Yes I am almost there and I get to join the dragon covenant.. Oh that bonfire at the beginning No worries I will join and homeward out of here.

"Spirit of Vengance Everlasting Dragon has invaded"

Oh ***!! YOU HAVE DIED
    cheers
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:27 am

DxV04 wrote:I thought about that but what message is it sending then? We don't want you to join the covenant? Yes I agree is a good spot for PvP but only people who want the scales and want to join go there. So I changed my mind and suggested the other areas.

Player:

Yes I am almost there and I get to join the dragon covenant.. Oh that bonfire at the beginning No worries I will join and homeward out of here.

"Spirit of Vengance Everlasting Dragon has invaded"

Oh ***!! YOU HAVE DIED
    cheers

Lol'd at the last part

although i do agree the place is completely optional

i've also been thinking about that little place on blightown's second bonfire
    you know the one that has the chest with a dragon scale in it? it could be made a PVP area
    like it doesn't need queelag alive to be able to get invaded/invade there

it has good size to PVP in and it doesn't allow for cowards to run away

its a very good place for PVP
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:30 am

That would be nice to plan. so lets plan it!! Everybody don't kill queelag unless you have to!!
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:33 am

DxV04 wrote:That would be nice to plan. so lets plan it!! Everybody don't kill queelag unless you have to!!

that'd be possible if people are willing to not complete their playthrough because i believe she isn't an unavoidable boss silly

another good area would be on painted wolrd since you have the option to not kill the boss of the place meaning when you come back you can still PVP in there
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:47 pm

bomp! thanks to all who voted
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:50 pm

All of it above. It won't change a thing for me because I'm not faith user, but whatever can help players out there
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:51 pm

1, 3, 6. Make the Chaos Covenant more than RP Covenant, amke it deem something, whether PvE or PvP Usage. Occult Weapons to scaling would be cool, and Divine would also be cool. However, I would perfer more spells, so I removed Divine from lsit for me. I would add if had room, but 1,3, and 6 are my main logical choices. I want more for + 3 Covenants, allow more reach for effort. Only covenants that seem to do so are the Darkmoon Blade and 'possibly' the darkwraiths.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:53 pm

all are good idea and 1&2 would work better for me
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:57 pm

It all looks pretty good, but the divine & occult buffs are too high with the stacking effects. +5% and +10% would be better (15% is pretty solid).
    zzCLR2Rzz
    zzCLR2Rzz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zzCLR2Rzz Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:58 pm

#1. Occult damage increased when in darkwraith/gravelord covenant by 10% and a further 15% when black phantom.
    [ 8 ]
    VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_lcapVUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_voting_barVUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_rcap [23%]

#2. Holy damage increased when in way of white/warrior of sunlight/princess guard covenant by 10% and a further 15% when white phantom.
    [ 9 ]
    VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_lcapVUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_voting_barVUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_rcap [26%]

#3. Chaos covenant additions: chaos pyromancy scales with invested humanity in covenant/covenant level, Eingy sells cracked red eye orbs.
    [ 6 ]
    VUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_lcapVUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_voting_barVUMSY'S PATCHED COVENANTS PATCH INCLUSION POLL   I_vote_rcap [17%]
    I voted for the first 3 but agree that the pyromancy scaling off of humanity might result in some griefing, if they do that I think they should cap the bonus at a certain humanity, JMO

but to be honest I think the covenants are a great idea, but they should mean a little more meaning
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:05 pm

3 and 6 please

btw I'd say 1&2 should be one option, as having one without the other would produce inbalance in the game, hence why i didnt pick one of them.
    zzCLR2Rzz
    zzCLR2Rzz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zzCLR2Rzz Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:15 pm

3 and 6 please

btw I'd say 1&2 should be one option, as having one without the other would produce inbalance in the game, hence why i didnt pick one of them.

Good point!!! wish i could re vote
    Big Ben
    Big Ben
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Big Ben Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:53 pm

It would be cool if certain covenants buffed elemental percentage on weps

Warriors of Sunlight - More lightning dmg/immunity

Gravelord - More poison// bleed dmg

Forest Hunter - more physical dmg

Way of White - more divine dmg

Dragon - more magic dmg

daughters of Chaos - more fire dmg

Princess Gaurd - female characters get more epic chest? silly Maybe Health and/or stamina buff? (like a smaller ring of F&P)

Dark Wraith - Occult dmg

Darkmoon - Increased spell/miracle dmg? and resistance?

just chipp'n
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:54 pm

zzCLR2Rzz wrote:
    3 and 6 please

Good point!!! wish i could re vote

you can delete your vote and recast if necessary. so go for it!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:12 am