Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Marino.
Thum
etheros
7 posters

Sanctuary Guardian 2x the fun! XD

etheros

Sanctuary Guardian 2x the fun! XD Empty Sanctuary Guardian 2x the fun! XD

Post by etheros Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:12 am

I'm not sure if somebody posted this already so i'm going to now. XD

After i defeated Manus,Father of the abyss i was clueless if its already over for the Oolacile map so i retraced my steps. I was so surprised when i entered sanctuary garden because standing in front of me was not one,but two sanctuary guardians! :shock: :affraid:
    I managed to kill both of them but i wasn't successful in cutting their tails...well,they give 3000 souls each and they respawn. So if there's a brave soul willing to battle those two guardians and confirm that their tails can be cut off please let me know. lol!
    Thum
    Thum

Sanctuary Guardian 2x the fun! XD Empty Re: Sanctuary Guardian 2x the fun! XD

Post by Thum Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:15 pm

O_o no s&*t? i never came back to the area where i first fought the guardian....but i'm guessing their tails can't be cut off...why have more of those whips?(im so dissapointed with the DLC weapons )
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:26 pm

You can cut them off .
    And i think they are slightly weaker than the Boss but that could just be me .
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:27 pm

I was too terrified to try for their tails. I killed them, but not as much as they killed me.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:25 am

Some things I found:
    *For me they appeared after I killed Artorias
    *They seem to have less HP than the boss
    *They respawn
    *Their tails can be cut off
    *You can get more of their tail weapons, but you can only get 1 from each new Sanctuary Guardian (for a total of 2 plus the original boss' one), as respawned Guardians will not drop the tail weapon if you already got it from any of their previous "incarnations".
    *They don't give that many souls, I think it was 3k each in NG.

Edit: Fixed the amount of souls given.

Last edited by CaligoIllioneus on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dante_000 Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:25 am

6K may actually make that a viable farming spot since the Dark londo 'nerf'.

Is it close to the bonfire at all?
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:09 pm

Oh, sorry, I was mistaken, it was 3k each for 6k in total in NG, I just checked...I will edit the previous post.

It is near a bonfire (both the first bonfire and the Oolacile Sanctuary one). I farmed them for a while, it's fun but I don't think it's worth it since there's a not-so-low risk of you dying while you fight both of them at once. It's so annoying when both of them try to fry you with lightning.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Haha, I couldn't beat them without poise, their lightning water attacks screwed me hard. I dunno, but I don't think you can really farm them.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Of all the places to farm in Dark Souls, if you choose this spot, you are officially the King of Farming.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm