Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
Back Lot Basher
Zephryl
defacto
Hue
Sloth9230
GrinTwist
eminusx
Ser Isaac
The Wandering Knight
GkMrBane
Steel Dragon74
felclef
Rynoa
bart95
BIG TIME MASTER
Rarayn
xSomax
ViralEnsign_
Krasouski
PlasticandRage
Pesth
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Christoph
tard01
ssss_2_is_pwnage
Xskulled
Shindori
Gazman0169
Seignar
Siegfried.
raecor14
Myztyrio
Argetlam350
cloudyeki
Razielthemanslayer
RANT
IceIfrit666
mugenis4real
Pratix
Mr. Tart
44 posters

Imagine if you...

xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Imagine if you... - Page 3 Empty Re: Imagine if you...

Post by xSomax Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:21 pm

that chest thing seems like an interesting idea. basically, the abyss, but maybe not black, with chests as far as the eye can see, some are mimics, some aren't, and they all hold varying kinds of loot? i think a secret "king mimic" would be cool, it looks like the regular ones, but is immune to lloyds talisman, shows no sign of breathing, and otherwise seems like a totally regular chest, but when opened it'll do a mimic thing where you aren't chewed on, but rather, swallowed whole. this acts a portal to a boss fight inside, where you fight the REAL king mimic, a sligtly larger mimic, with special capabilities, such as disappearing and summoning clones to throw off the player, a rush attack similar to the gaping dragons, maybe even a 1 hit Ko where he simply grabs you with one hand, breaks your neck, then eats your corpse.

i think that would be badass
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:23 am

. . a maze that sits up the side of a volcano, at the top of the volcano is an iron smelting works that uses the lava as its furnace, occasionally spillages burn their way down the mountainside and cut paths through the maze.

... a european style gothic chateau, half of which is dilapidated and has fallen into the ravine below. The path up is a spaghetti of make-shift towers and platforms jutting out of the rockface

. . a deserted trading post / seaport, it has an exotic feel from the tattered eastern banners. . there are a number of seemingly empty, decrepit old galleons that are linked to eachother at various levels, aswell as to the dockside, in the bowels of the galleons, tentacled type creatures have made their way in from the sea. garrr, be there treasure within?

Last edited by eminusx on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:27 am

Rarayn wrote:Wheel Skeleton Racing Arena.

the sheer genius of it!!!! +1 sir!
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:09 am

the wheel skeleton thing reminds me of a picture where priscilla rides a motorcycle made of 2 wheel skeletons and xanthous king jeremiah. that poor man
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:30 am

I feel that based on the popularity of this thread, it would be a shame to let it collect dust. And with Dark Souls 2 on its way i should bump this topic.

So without further ado;

BUMP!
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:41 am

I would put an illusionary wall in the Tomb of the Giants right by the second bonfire. It would be something of a long hallway with it's design relating to the same design found in Oolacile. Then at the end of the hallway a large room would open up with it's design looking exactly like firelink shrine. Then at the top of the shrine would be an open chest guarded by a scarecrow and it would drop...
    rubbish.

After this I would frequent the archives to see the various thoughts on what it could all mean.

Then I would laugh.
    I'm such a nice person. :red-orb:
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:52 am

Bolteria
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:06 am

I giant shipwreck
    Or a thick, thick jungle where you are ambushed by stuff
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:17 pm

I would just copy and paste a Monster Hunter zone into the game complete with all of the same monsters.

When you think about it with a few tweaks you could play Monster Hunter with a Dark Souls character.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:22 pm

My DLC would be entitled "The Hollowing".

Every Undead eventually becomes Hollow, losing their mind and lashing out at everything around them... What if it wasn't supposed to be that way? What if it was something more... sinister?

Spoiler:
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:41 pm

I'd like to see an area set in a moor, and at nighttime. You'd have to use your skull lantern in order to make your way through. It would be a mixture of solid ground and swamp, so that combat would always be treacherous. One second you'd be on hard ground, but a dodge could put you into muck that would slow you considerably. I'd also like there to be sink holes that would result in instant death...something that would be obviously marked to avoid, but would become a pitfall if you weren't careful while fighting.

Because of the design of the landscape, I'd like to see enemies that aren't so much the heavy hitters like in ToG, but faster, and more prone to poisoning you. This woud create more pressure on you to evade, but always at risk of bogging down or hitting a sink-hole.

I guess in some ways this would be similar to the Valley of Defilement, except that it was about 90% swamp, whereas I'd like this area to more evenly split, forcing you to weave your way through.

I really have no idea what kind of boss I'd like.

Loved reading everyone's ideas, though.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sat May 25, 2013 1:25 am

I remember this topic being popular around the time that I joined, but it eventually died. I want to give it another try, see where it goes. Especially with DkS2 coming up.
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Sat May 25, 2013 7:32 am

Righto, my new area would be a library, or unversity-esque area.
    Access would be provided upon killing a certain (or certain number of) non-hostile NPCs. Upon doing so your character would be invaded by an NPC Darkmoon Blade who would be effectively invincible. When you died at the hands of this character, the cutscene would play; a close-up of your dark sign brand beginning to glow, then a wide shot of your body dissolving into sparks/ash (the usual death animation).
    As the dissintergration spread to the area around your brand however, the ring would turn glowing green and your body would reform, even as the dissintergration spread to the world around you.
    In the end you would be left standing alone in front of a blank stone plate in a white void. Now here, you would actually have to have said stone plate in camera, and wait like with the crow, until pictures and words began inscribing themselves onto the stones surface in green fire.
    These would show the story of the chosen undeads journey to defeat Gwyn (required bosses only, and would also mean this was not accessable until NG+) then being drawn to the stone in the void.
    After all of this a black dog with green eyes would walk around from behind the stone (would not be there if you checked before the cutscene) and come to stand in front of you, rear back onto its hind legs and begin to change; front legs would stretch and break to become arms, the head would snap back so that it stood roughly man-shaped, with what was its chest its back and vice versa, i.e its head would now be upside down.
    This beast would then pull open the stone, in fact a double door, and lead you through into the new area.

Bosses
    -Second to last would be the black dog from above, a two stage fight, first like the Sanctuary Guardian without the ability to fly. This form would also be able to vomit up black liquid that served as teleports for both of you, so as the fight goes on it has more options but so do you. Second form would be a warrior similar in appearance to Anubis, wielding a double-ended axe. Basically a 1v1 fight here.
    Not sure about final boss yet...
    Cris the lighthearted
    Cris the lighthearted
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cris the lighthearted Mon May 27, 2013 8:12 am

I would go with something that would involve pricilla...or at least her origins. The fear of her being a threat to the gods was not of her creation. But by another.... another half-dragon that seathe tried to manifest using a ancient dragon but proved to be too dangerous and reckless even for him. Trying to rid his mistake and making sure the lords didn't find out, his channelers sealed her and sent her down to the demon ruins/lost izalith area. Sealed away, feared by the gods..and abandoned by her creator. She was alone... til a "toothy serpen"t found her. What i'm thinking is a half-breed that was dis-guarded and was embraced by the darkwraiths. A "anti-pricilla" Thinking of her as a goddess or Milady of the dark. Having a spewing hatred for the gods and for her creator due to being abandoned..not to mention some manipulation on kaathe's part. The way to face her is after you gain the charred ring and go to the outside temple ruins and find a blackened burned wall with seals over it." Must switch to the "Ring of Kalameet" and the door crumbles way, leading to a area full of Demons, abyss channelers and darkwraiths "with a Abyss Pyromancer mini boss/invader. The half-breed boss would have a combination of Dark Hand sorceries as well as her Dark Flame. No scythe for her she'd wield a large whip tainted by the abyss. As well have a telekinetic hold that leeches you live/humanity.

Her Name?
    Lilirua- The Lady of Dark

Why a whip?
    Because it's fitting for her persona and the game needs more . I mean.. there's only three whips in the entire game.

What kind of dragon is this half-breed mixed with?
    Well... she's using dark flame attacks and you have to use Kalameet's ring to get into the area ....part of a dragon "Even mighty Anor Londo dare not provoke his ire." ... yes she will have that third eye. Imagine if you... - Page 3 3679643796
    HereticForLife
    HereticForLife
    Casual
    Casual

Post by HereticForLife Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:32 am

Had an idea similar to the one Shindori posted back on page 2. To summarize/recap: you can relive ancestral memories that let you experience the battle between the Lords and the Everlasting Dragons, with your covenant determining which of the great lords you fight alongside. Thought it was a very interesting one which deserved some expansion!

My area would pretty much be the same (various different areas of the battlegrounds between the Lords and Dragons) but getting there would be done differently. Doing so would require finding an everlasting dragon, perhaps the same one that grants entry into the Dragon Covenant or possibly even another one if the Ash Lake area could be expanded. Upon reaching the dragon, you would offer a Lord Soul to it. The dragon would take the soul and use its own memories of the battle, combined with the memories within the Lord Soul, to transport you to the battle near the location of the lord in question.

Of course, the Four Kings soul is just a series of fragments from Gwyn's, so presumably those would give brief 'previews' into Gwyn's section, which could otherwise not be accessed until NG+. Seath's soul is also bequeathed from Gwyn, but that would include scenes from Gwyn's battle as well as Seath's fight against his brethren for eye-candy. All in real time, of course. No cutscenes.

Naturally, these areas would be incredibly difficult. You would be combating everlasting dragons, either in your own gear - as if you'd been dropped into the past entirely - or decked out in Silver Knight equips, Gravelord items, etc. depending on which scene you're in. Each enemy would have to fight as aggressively as Kalameet, albeit with less health and damage in order to make these scenes even possible. Presumably they'd look just like the dragon we find in Ash Lake, but mobile and killable. Gwyn's preview scenes would be easiest, followed by Nito's (you'd be given immunity to his AoE miasma), then the Witch of Izalith's (gotta dodge that fire), and finally Gwyn's true scene as the hardest one and the only one unavailable until NG+.

What kinds of bosses would you expect for these scenes, considering that the regular enemies are everlasting dragons? Well, do you recall the size of the dragon skeleton shown in the 12-minute DkSII gameplay vid? The dragons were not all the same size, and I suspect that the oldest, most primeval (if that makes any sense) dragons would eventually approach immense sizes. I propose that the bosses would be dragons so large that they dwarf anything else in the game. Upon slaying these monsters, which could wreck bosses like Kalameet or Manus with ease, the player would be returned to the present and granted a ton of souls. Also the lord soul would be returned to the player, for placement into the Lordvessel.

Alternatively..... Each scene would grant the player a unique item, either some piece of equipment used by one of the lords or the soul of each given scene boss which could be used to create incredibly powerful items (or traded into Snuggly for god knows what). However! Upon your return, the everlasting dragon that granted you that glimpse into the past dies from the strain. Along with the aforementioned treasure, you get back the Lord Soul you gave it in the first place, and you are unable to access any further scenes in that playthrough. To access the others, you must go on to NG+ and acquire another Lord Soul. However, the scene may or may not be even harder. So if you started with one of the bequeathed LS scenes in NG, and proceeded to the NG+ Gwyn scene, you're in for a rude awakening. But then again, would you rather wait until NG+5 to do that one? Decisions, decisions!

TL;DR.... Imagine if you... - Page 3 22108087
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:45 am

I'm not so sure about what I'd do for a new area but I'd like to see a new invasion like the one with Lautrec.As you go through the new area,whether hollow or human,you are invaded by dark spirit xXxT0x1czQu1cksc0p3zxXx (Made up name) who looks like a fat red phantom in ugly mixed armour.He uses the what is it gesture and when you hit him,he has infinite health and one hit kills you,giving you a special orb.
    Near the end of the DLC,the orb starts to vibrate and lets you invade a different time,the distant future where it is the information age as you see an ugly hacker sitting by his computer,playing Dark Souls.You stab him and take his humanity.
    I'm not joking about this,I think it'd be awesome.Karma FTW! Imagine if you... - Page 3 2640184516
    I might try to make a less rediculous post later but it will require some thought.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:02 am