Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
StockpileThomas
Tolvo
RANT
DarkW17
MrGrimmmz
9 posters

Dark souls PVP ep 8 - Backkstabbbbsss

MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Dark souls PVP ep 8 - Backkstabbbbsss Empty Dark souls PVP ep 8 - Backkstabbbbsss

Post by MrGrimmmz Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Heres a new one, enjoy! bounce

DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dark souls PVP ep 8 - Backkstabbbbsss Empty Re: Dark souls PVP ep 8 - Backkstabbbbsss

Post by DarkW17 Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:26 am

most of us learned how to BS fish/pivot BS/poise BS people back in november....then we realized it was a lame move and requires no skill and learned how to fight....soon you'll learn how to chain BS people then you'll be pro Look Skyward
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Dark souls PVP ep 8 - Backkstabbbbsss Empty Re: Dark souls PVP ep 8 - Backkstabbbbsss

Post by MrGrimmmz Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:24 pm

DarkW17 wrote:most of us learned how to BS fish/pivot BS/poise BS people back in november....then we realized it was a lame move and requires no skill and learned how to fight....soon you'll learn how to chain BS people then you'll be pro Dark souls PVP ep 8 - Backkstabbbbsss 2707236321

I think chain BSing is extremely harder to do now that everything is patched up
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:30 pm

lol nice lagstabs, i though they patched the bs window, it looks the same as ps3 and chain bs'ing doesnt look like it'd any more difficult.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:35 pm

Backstabbing is very easy to do, from what I've seen from streams it isn't any more difficult to do on the PC edition other than that the damage is reduced. Now I won't say, this video has terrible content. It's you doing PvP, but understand there really isn't a whole lot going on. It's sort of boring to people that play a lot, since Backtsab fishing is so simple to do and is a very common tactic. You aren't using anything that spices it up or really makes it different, as well you aren't going in depth into mechanics or tactics. There's just little content in the video for us to really enjoy you know? I might suggest spreading out and trying a build that has a lot of interesting parts to it, such as a crossbow build and trying to duel people while using just a crossbow with perhaps RTSR active for extra damage. Having to deal with people with large health bars as you can die from one hit fighting them with but a crossbow. Just an example but I think you get the picture.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:05 pm

MrGrimmmz wrote:
    DarkW17 wrote:most of us learned how to BS fish/pivot BS/poise BS people back in november....then we realized it was a lame move and requires no skill and learned how to fight....soon you'll learn how to chain BS people then you'll be pro Dark souls PVP ep 8 - Backkstabbbbsss 2707236321

I think chain BSing is extremely harder to do now that everything is patched up

Well that good to know looks like your stuck fishing for pivot lag stabs then
    :mask-father:

I mean watching a few minutes of that video(that's all I could take) sure brought me back to the games release and I get your new to the game....so here a hint people don't like pivot lag stabbers during a duel :mask-father: that type of fighting is barely acceptable when fighting 3 gankers!!!

Now don't get me wrong I'm not the honour police....but after lagstabs have all but ruined the game on consoles...do you think its wise to start your PC experience being labelled as a lagstabber? Remember people learn and you will meet these people again and they will remember your lagstabs and do the same...see how the vicious cycle starts....just saying man!!!!!
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:29 pm

The only thing more boring than playing against a BS-fisher, it watching a BS-fisher.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:47 pm

StockpileThomas wrote:The only thing more boring than playing against a BS-fisher, it watching a BS-fisher.

Soooooooooooo true man Sleep Sleep Sleep sorry I fell asleep watching that video what were we talking about again?
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:16 pm

DarkW17 wrote:Remember people learn and you will meet these people again and they will remember your lagstabs and do the same...see how the vicious cycle starts....just saying man!!!!!

It actually happens right there in the video. The guy that gets backstabbed / GC'd to death around 6:57 summons him again around 10:45 and tries to shoot him in the spine as soon as he appears. You can actually see the unofficial PvP duels falling apart in real time, it's sort of amazing.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:19 pm

i noticed that too, and so it begins.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Damn it now you guys are MAKING me watch more of the video....but I gotta see it for myself that's 2 funny....I called that situation happing from watching 3 minutes of the vid...wasn't a hard thing to call tho really silly
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Lol simmer down people, its titled backstabs for a very very very good reason, because its soley focusing on backstabs. If your not fond of it simply don't watch the video but there are some people that like to learn that kind of stuff so stop being so harsh about it /butt hurt. I can understand people having their bad experiences in pvp (as do i) but no need to bash the video harshly. Besides the other episodes focus on other things so please don't take this one to heart so much 😕
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:43 pm

MrGrimmmz wrote:Lol simmer down people, its titled backstabs for a very very very good reason, because its soley focusing on backstabs. If your not fond of it simply don't watch the video but there are some people that like to learn that kind of stuff so stop being so harsh about it /butt hurt. I can understand people having their bad experiences in pvp (as do i) but no need to bash the video harshly. Besides the other episodes focus on other things so please don't take this one to heart so much 😕
    Well considering you only got just over 30 post's and you said in your op "heres a new one" im guessing the only reason you got a wiki account is to self advertise your vids and then argue with people who dont like it, by telling them to "not watch it" but you brought it to our table and were here to tell you what we think of it. you said "enjoy" and were telling you why we dident. Simple as that.
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:45 pm

T-King-667 wrote:
    MrGrimmmz wrote:Lol simmer down people, its titled backstabs for a very very very good reason, because its soley focusing on backstabs. If your not fond of it simply don't watch the video but there are some people that like to learn that kind of stuff so stop being so harsh about it /butt hurt. I can understand people having their bad experiences in pvp (as do i) but no need to bash the video harshly. Besides the other episodes focus on other things so please don't take this one to heart so much 😕
    Well considering you only got just over 30 post's and you said in your op "well guys heres another one" im guessing the only reason you got a wiki account is to self advertise your vids and then argue with people who dont like it, by telling them to "not watch it" but you brought it to our table and were here to tell you what we think of it. you said "enjoy" and were telling you why we dident. Simple as that.

If people don't enjoy the video just refrain from bashing it so harshly, theres no need for tons of negativity i mean NEGATIVELY There are plenty of people that love to learn about backstabs and how to counter Fishing BS. Thats why they watch.
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Tolvo wrote:Backstabbing is very easy to do, from what I've seen from streams it isn't any more difficult to do on the PC edition other than that the damage is reduced. Now I won't say, this video has terrible content. It's you doing PvP, but understand there really isn't a whole lot going on. It's sort of boring to people that play a lot, since Backtsab fishing is so simple to do and is a very common tactic. You aren't using anything that spices it up or really makes it different, as well you aren't going in depth into mechanics or tactics. There's just little content in the video for us to really enjoy you know? I might suggest spreading out and trying a build that has a lot of interesting parts to it, such as a crossbow build and trying to duel people while using just a crossbow with perhaps RTSR active for extra damage. Having to deal with people with large health bars as you can die from one hit fighting them with but a crossbow. Just an example but I think you get the picture.
    This is a perfect example of some ones input instead of someone just saying "ugh i fell asleep" "oh i guess that is all you can do" That make's threads Stale as crap. I'm a long time vet of dark souls ever since the release on xbox so i know all of the regular annoyances and such, thus it titled as backstabs but i try my best to explain whats going on and counters. Just take this gentlemen's post as an example. Some negative comments can be extremely offensive to the person that uploaded the video and arguments can ensue, so please Constructive criticism - and remember, this is a backstab Video. FULL OF BS big grin

Last edited by MrGrimmmz on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:53 pm

DarkW17 wrote:
    StockpileThomas wrote:The only thing more boring than playing against a BS-fisher, it watching a BS-fisher.

Soooooooooooo true man Sleep Sleep Sleep sorry I fell asleep watching that video what were we talking about again?

careful you might get lagstabbed winking I see that this video is troubling you the most, thats quite unfortunate but then again i hope you saw the title of the video, hopefully it can help you in the future to avoid frustrating gameplay that can get under your skin. good luck man. Dark souls PVP ep 8 - Backkstabbbbsss 3596227959
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:58 pm

MrGrimmmz wrote:
    T-King-667 wrote:

Well considering you only got just over 30 post's and you said in your op "well guys heres another one" im guessing the only reason you got a wiki account is to self advertise your vids and then argue with people who dont like it, by telling them to "not watch it" but you brought it to our table and were here to tell you what we think of it. you said "enjoy" and were telling you why we dident. Simple as that.

If people don't enjoy the video just refrain from bashing it so harshly, theres no need for tons of negativity i mean NEGATIVELY There are plenty of people that love to learn about backstabs and how to counter Fishing BS. Thats why they watch.
    I never said anything negative Im just stating that the reason why were not following the "dont like it dont watch it" is because first of all, the mass majority of everybody is not fond of bsing. When your thread states "backstabbing ep" so we figure its a vid on bsing And how was any of that a teaching tool on how to counter bs? all i seen was you bsing at absolutely every moment possible. I never had a look at your other vids, but i advise you to try to avoid making help vids on how to bs constantly, dark souls need LESS of this. Dont mean to hate but please dont teach peeps how to bs in pvp im pretty sure they can figure it out on their own.
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:10 pm

T-King-667 wrote:
    MrGrimmmz wrote:
    T-King-667 wrote:

I never said anything negative Im just stating that the reason why were not following the "dont like it dont watch it" is because first of all, the mass majority of everybody is not fond of bsing. When your thread states "backstabbing ep" so we figure its a vid on bsing And how was any of that a teaching tool on how to counter bs? all i seen was you bsing at absolutely every moment possible. I never had a look at your other vids, but i advise you to try to avoid making help vids on how to bs constantly, dark souls need LESS of this. Dont mean to hate but please dont teach peeps how to bs in pvp im pretty sure they can figure it out on their own.
    Just to be clear i never said anything about you being offending or insulting in anyway, in most of my other episodes i do explain how to Avoid those certain tactics so that one may not abuse it upon the victim. This is episode 8 so i'm quite passed trying to explain as much as i was in the other vids. Lets face it, BSing will never go away, it will be widely used A LOT, and i highly recommend you to watch the other videos to understand the advice of how to avoid and counter these tactics. Thank you.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:15 pm

MrGrimmmz wrote:
    DarkW17 wrote:

careful you might get lagstabbed winking I see that this video is troubling you the most, thats quite unfortunate but then again i hope you saw the title of the video, hopefully it can help you in the future to avoid frustrating gameplay that can get under your skin. good luck man. Dark souls PVP ep 8 - Backkstabbbbsss 3596227959

Don't get confused between me disliking your video and my thoughts on BS's!

After over 9 months and 1000's of hours of gameplay I consider myself very knowledged in BSing of all types/counter BSing of all types ect...I'm not I guy you want to BS trust me it will end quick for the other person!

My post was to show dislike for the content of your video...you couldn't have tried harder to pivot BS and BS fish those noob players...it was terrible and boring to watch you constantly go for a BS fish while they try to duel!

I saw no real counter BSing...I didn't see you un lock and parry a BS attempt....I saw nothing helpful all I saw was you repeatively bs fishing and pivot lag stabbing that's not helpful!

And your title came off as here look at me in such a pro pivot BS'r...not heres a helpful and inforamative bsing video!
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:21 pm

DarkW17 wrote:
    MrGrimmmz wrote:
    DarkW17 wrote:

After over 9 months and 1000's of hours of gameplay I consider myself very knowledged in BSing of all types/counter BSing of all types ect...I'm not I guy you want to BS trust me it will end quick for the other person!

My post was to show dislike for the content of your video...you couldn't have tried harder to pivot BS and BS fish those noob players...it was terrible and boring to watch you constantly go for a BS fish while they try to duel!

I saw no real counter BSing...I didn't see you un lock and parry a BS attempt....I saw nothing helpful all I saw was you repeatively bs fishing and pivot lag stabbing that's not helpful!

And your title came off as here look at me in such a pro pivot BS'r...not heres a helpful and inforamative bsing video!

LOL informative bsing video? to help people counter bsing? everybody look at his video and look at the uploader comments "I soley dedicate this video to as much bsing as possible" You gotta funny way of trying not to make yourself look so bad ;P
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:27 pm

People have every right to promote their videos, even if they are a new member. We should encourage this.

MrGrim - many people in this forum don't like backstabs, so this video may not be well-received. However, negative comments should be constructive and not insulting (like DW's clarification post).

MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:38 pm

reim0027 wrote:People have every right to promote their videos, even if they are a new member. We should encourage this.

MrGrim - many people in this forum don't like backstabs, so this video may not be well-received. However, negative comments should be constructive and not insulting (like DW's clarification post).

Well said happy
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:39 pm

T-King-667 wrote:
    DarkW17 wrote:
    MrGrimmmz wrote:
    DarkW17 wrote:

LOL informative bsing video? to help people counter bsing? everybody look at his video and look at the uploader comments "I soley dedicate this video to as much bsing as possible" You gotta funny way of trying not to make yourself look so bad ;P

I'm sorry you feel that way, i hope you have better fortune in the near future in DS PVP

Btw missing the point as usual 8) This is episode 8 many more to come!
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:44 pm

If that was directed at TK it's ironic. He's the best I've seen at counter bsing. Really impressive, and almost never with a fast roll. I only wish he'd explain it in detail in his vids, as it happens so damned fast!

I'll give your vid a look when I get home, op. I don't want to learn to bs, but I'm always looking for counters.
    MrGrimmmz
    MrGrimmmz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by MrGrimmmz Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:57 pm

callipygias wrote:If that was directed at TK it's ironic. He's the best I've seen at counter bsing. Really impressive, and almost never with a fast roll. I only wish he'd explain it in detail in his vids, as it happens so damned fast!

I'll give your vid a look when I get home, op. I don't want to learn to bs, but I'm always looking for counters.

Hey there! if your looking for specific discussions on counters, they will most likely be on the other episodes, The latest episode is mainly focused on BS so i don't talk too much about it since there are other episodes that already have it. Hope it helps!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:12 am