Unexpected Counter to Spears?

Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Unexpected Counter to Spears?

Post by Seignar on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:50 pm

Shields. The "Pierce Shield" to be precise. It has B scaling for DEX which can be about 350 AR in the end and it i a thrusting type weapon, so it goes with Leo Ring. Now, you might say why would I say the Pierce Shield is a counter?

For one, when wielded in Right Hand and 2H, its Light Attack, and more importantly, its dash attack have auto Block Frames. The push also has start up block frames. I think this is key to being able to attack a spear user since they'll need to cross your guard first. If you don't like Pierce you can use the Spiked Shield for the bleed.

Also, even if you miss your attack, you can quickly 2H block which has added stability. The 2H Strong Attack of other shields also have auto-block frames for like 30 frames.

Just though we should discuss this. It is a pretty safe weapon to use in general because of the block frames.

RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Re: Unexpected Counter to Spears?

Post by RANT on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:06 pm

bows are the best counter imo, you can always get close and parry but sometimes lag can make parrying spear a pain in the ***.

I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:07 pm

Aye, bows are the safest counter. The shield idea is worth looking into though.

Props to BindMind for the sig!
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:13 pm

I tried the pierce shield... I just cant see it working against the smart ones...

cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:01 pm

I will say I just had hell of alot of fun fisticuffing everyone with a barbed shield on my left hand and a pierce shield on my right. Though the DMs probably didn't like it.

Props to BindMind for the sig!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:39 am